Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Memphis officially dangerous... (Read 142 times)
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Re: Memphis officially dangerous...
Reply #15 - 04/30/13 at 21:14:49

The rest of the state wants to see the city of Memphis implode, so... we're just kicking back to watch the show.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #16 - 04/30/13 at 22:41:02

Seriously though if you complain to enough people in the position of authority enough times the problem will eventually get taken care of. From experience here ...

Cool.
Srinath. [/quote]
Only if you have the right people to handle the problem. Evidently Memphis doesn't. Looks like all the Elvis and music tourist would wanna make the powers that be clean up the town. They're losing a lot of tourist money.Then you have that ex Goldman Sachs Lowlife running Chicago. Crime rates keep soaring and he lays off half the police force. That extra money is probably in that little house in the Caymans. I'm sure Goldman Sachs taught him well.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #17 - 04/30/13 at 23:07:51

Click on any of the neighborhoods in blue in the link. Should open up neighborhood by neighborhood stats... This is a real estate site, they don't want to scare off potential clients, and the scores for Memphis versus national averages are horrifying.

http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/tn/memphis/crime/

I live on the county line about 30 road miles north of Beale Street.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #18 - 05/01/13 at 09:04:08

Unlike many other southern states, Mississippi has not experienced great population growth; the 2000 census led to the state being reduced from seven to six electoral votes, the lowest number since 1848. In 2012, Mitt Romney easily won the state by 55% to Barack Obama's 44%.

Impressive for republicommunsts - dont you think ...

Cool.

I was a republician delegate for the local district, I attended the county republician convention and was at the building but not allowed to enter for the statewide republican convention. Romney BOUGHT/stole the MS nomination. The states GOP is currently run by a very few, very rich and very powerful people.  There are NOW many unhappy "republician" voters in MS. If the states GOP does not attract the latino vote, they will be hurting.

Note: MS President Republician Votes
2012 Romney      55.5%      674302
2008 McCain       56.2%      724,597
2004 Bush          59.44%    684,981

See a trend? Still, the local politics were dictated by out of state powers. Romney got the GOP MS nom, but very very few MS wanted him ( I suspect less than 30%) But once he got the nom, they pressed for beating Obama and yes basically the race card. At that point die hard repubs had no choice. However, the MS gop has LOST voters who are now Tea party ( kicked out of the MS repub, or libertiarian again kicked out). Guess who DIDNT vote repub?? and there you see it.. a loss of nearly 4% since Bush of 2004. You should also note that MS tends to vote "Mason Dixon" as much as anything.. Ie Carter, Bush, exception for Clinton. I would be willing to bet that had obama not been black and had the democrat been a southerner.. GOP would have lost so hard in MS that they might just close up shop.  Such is MS.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #19 - 05/01/13 at 09:58:59

Yea getting less and less red ... and that is cos the illegals are overrunning the place ? or their base is dying ? ... anyway your state's problems are cos its deep red ... the fact that it is not crimson now but just vermillion makes little difference now but it would in a few decades ... let me know after a few cycles of being a swing state.

And yes RMoney stole the nomination ... that is true.

And a big YES on the southern white democrat winning MS ... cos they are republican from the old school.

Fiscally conservative, pro small biz, socially conservative, pro gun = southern democrat. And overall this is not a bad combo. This is old school republican.

Fiscally liberal, pro rich tax cuts, pro big business, socially liberal, pro gun = National republican.

Fiscally liberal, anti rich tax cuts, pro union, socially liberal, anti gun = national democrat.

Anyway MS is deep red. Much like CA is deep blue.

BTW when Arnold schwarznegger was running for and won the recall election for CA guvernator with 37% of the votes you know what people said ... he could have easily doubled his victory margin by running independent.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #20 - 05/01/13 at 10:08:08

And a big YES on the southern white democrat winning MS ... cos they are republican from the old school.

Fiscally conservative, pro small biz, socially conservative, pro gun = southern democrat. And overall this is not a bad combo. This is old school republican.

It would help if they are a veteran. Such status still means something down here.

Unfortunately, most of the candidates that run on a D ticket fit the national mold. Cutting off their own noses to spite their faces, in order to get their spot at the public trough...

On 2 wheels since 7/87

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #21 - 05/01/13 at 11:45:07

WD wrote on 05/01/13 at 10:08:08:

It would help if they are a veteran. Such status still means something down here.

Unfortunately, most of the candidates that run on a D ticket fit the national mold. Cutting off their own noses to spite their faces, in order to get their spot at the public trough...

Even better if they are a veteran of the civil war ...  Grin

However - I dont agree with the next point - If they were a National democrat in a crimson red state they dont have a prayer ...

They are very red democrats ... they would be republicans if you dropped them off in a battleground state like Ohio. If you drop em off at a republican convention in say CA, those guys will wonder why these guys are so extreme.

Democrat or republican is relative in local politics. States that have been one party for several cycles tend to have both parties that are on the same side of the center. Montana democrats are pro gun and voted against the gun bill recently. D or R is relative.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #22 - 05/02/13 at 09:01:02

srinath wrote on 05/01/13 at 09:58:59:
Yea getting less and less red ... and that is cos the illegals are overrunning the place ? or their base is dying ? ... anyway your
Cool.
Srinath.

Its the base.. but not just a simple "base is dying". With Obama there is re-newed sense "abilty" among democrats.. ie blacks are motovated to participate in politics (vote). Thus even if the same amount of republicians vote thier way... the percentage shifts because more people are voting and NOT voting republician. Add to that, the national republician ideal ( your post above).. to MOST MS republicians is the LAST thing they would vote for given any other choice (except... yeah, race). Again the national GOP and the MS GOP have delcared WAR on the tea party and libertarians. We are summarily "kicked out" of participating in that party. The Tea party in MS is dead. The liberatarians, which is not a party, but an ideal,  is not. In fact just as you mentioned.. libertarians are working hard to make us a "swing state" .. ie actively fighting against republicians. The sword swings both ways... dont kick us out of the party and expect us to vote party anyway (which was thier exact expectation for Romney). And locally.. dont support GOP national norms and expect us to support you. Our favortite target.. repug senators that "kinda sorta" support libertarian ideals.

Liberty or death... the politicians death

MS ... its like its own little country

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #23 - 05/02/13 at 12:12:16

Oh OK the black voted cos there was a black man in the race ... that made a closer margin. OK I guess the state is redder than the 10% margin suggests ... Y'know you just made my point even sharper didn't you.

Either way ... long running states of 1 color ... both parties are that color ... one deeper than the other. Else they will never get elected.

NC - is also a mostly red state ... almost parallel to MS except 08. It was close in 12, and RMoney's 100K margin was helped by reverse coattails cos we hated Bev Perdue ... Much like she was helped by OBama coattails in 08.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 21:52:07

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Memphis officially dangerous...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.