Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Dime City forward Controls (Read 112 times)
YoungSavage

everyone knows I'm
home by the KA-POW!

Monterey, California
Dime City forward Controls
04/25/13 at 08:36:31

Hey all,
I was curious if anybody had experience with Dime City's universal forward controls? I liked the look of them, but was a bit skeptical since most parts are made for Hondas or Triumphs. Thanks.

1988 Stock, mixture screw out 2 turns, seat lift mod, elevation= sea level, main jet=155 pilot jet=55
  IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Re: Dime City forward Controls
Reply #1 - 04/25/13 at 08:40:24

YoungSavage wrote on 04/25/13 at 08:36:31:
Hey all,
I was curious if anybody had experience with Dime City's universal forward controls? I liked the look of them, but was a bit skeptical since most parts are made for Hondas or Triumphs. Thanks.

Can you modify with a link to what you are looking at?

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
YoungSavage

everyone knows I'm
home by the KA-POW!

Monterey, California
Reply #2 - 04/25/13 at 08:49:18

Sorry, should have put that in to begin with. I know other peoples forward's can be cheaper. So these are just an option in the future.

Forward controls
http://www.dimecitycycles.com/vintage-bobber-brat-chopper-custom-motorcycle-c...

linkage set
http://www.dimecitycycles.com/vintage-bobber-brat-chopper-custom-motorcycle-c...

1988 Stock, mixture screw out 2 turns, seat lift mod, elevation= sea level, main jet=155 pilot jet=55
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #3 - 04/25/13 at 09:11:33

The appear to be very similar to the rear sets I bought from them.  The parts they supply are good - but they it is not a "bolt on" kit.

There are no mounts provided - so you would have to fabricate a mount that would bolt to the frame and provide a place to mount the peg/pedal assembly.  The shift linkage should be fairly simple to make work - the rear brake will not be nearly as easy.  The cable operated brake will not be very easy to extend......you would have to make a mount for the cable sheath and then make a rod to reach up to the new pedal.....or maybe a brake cable from a C50 would be longer....or maybe you could make some kind of a bell crank assembly that mounts where the existing brake cable stops?  Also the pedal they supply does not have an "STOP" built into it, so you need to make one so the pedal has a stop when you take your foot off the pedal.  This is necessary for you to get the brake cable snugged up to take out the play and make the brake work as soon as you push on it....instead of moving 2" to take out the play in the rear brake drum arm.

If you are a good fabricator......you can make the Dime City stuff work.

Here is the brake stop I made for my rear sets from Dime City.

IMG_0866.JPG

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
YoungSavage

everyone knows I'm
home by the KA-POW!

Monterey, California
Reply #4 - 04/25/13 at 09:16:35

Hmmmmm. If all of that fabrication is required for something that would cost about 150, it wouldn't seem as easy as the other forwards from the forums. I do like the look of them though. Maybe in the future I guess.

Just got turned on to their site, and really like all of the cheaper stuff they supply. Pocket book will be coming open pretty soon!

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #5 - 04/25/13 at 09:50:29

Those aren't really forwards... just pegs,levers, and linkages, that you could use with forwards...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
YoungSavage

everyone knows I'm
home by the KA-POW!

Monterey, California
Reply #6 - 04/25/13 at 10:58:18

Well then that's even better information. I thought that they looked a bit off. The forwards on my moms V-star's looked quite different than these which made me curious.

IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #7 - 04/25/13 at 11:42:55

Serowbot wrote on 04/25/13 at 09:50:29:
Those aren't really forwards... just pegs,levers, and linkages, that you could use with forwards...

Ninja'd...

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/06/24 at 08:56:26

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Dime City forward Controls

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.