Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
How the Welfare State Serves the Strong (Read 78 times)
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Re: How the Welfare State Serves the Strong
Reply #15 - 04/23/13 at 17:21:13

Midnightrider wrote on 04/23/13 at 13:29:10:
This country is more interested in killing middle easterners than taking care of its own.There's a lot of our people who through no fault of their own are sick and disabled. I worked over 40 years before I became sick and had to apply for disability. I wont live long enough to get back what I paid in yet people acuse me (Romney)of milking the system. I've said this before, it bears repeating. The only difference between us and third world countries is we take care of our children and educate them, we have a strong middle class and we respect and take care of our elders. Now that's a dam joke, welcome to America, king of the 3rd world countries.

Sadly, this is pretty accurate although I'm not sure where you heard Romney say you are milking the system. The system was designed with you in mind but there are those who use fraud to get benefits they don't deserve or politicians distribute it as a way to buy votes. What was the last time a liberal (republican or democrat) politician ran a campaign on ideas and not on just promising you free stuff sometime in the future?

We need to get out of the country protecting and rebuilding business!!

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #16 - 04/23/13 at 18:38:27

Dane Allen wrote on 04/23/13 at 17:16:55:
What I think you mean is you dislike the progressive tax system and would prefer a flat tax where everyone pays, say, 6%, for example on whatever they earn regardless of whether it is social security, inheritance, life insurance, wages, lotto, disability, unemployment, dividends, find-a-penny-pick-it-up, what ever. Some flat rate where everyone pays the same percentage regardless of income, no deductions or credits or anything.

Would you say that is pretty accurate?

Finally we're getting somewhere ... sort of ...

This is why the sort of ... Our tax system used to be progressive ... it now is regressive.
Flat tax will be fairer than regressive.
Our tax system as concerns the capital gains tax and the proof is - RMoney vs Warren Buffet - 13% and 3 million vs 17.4% and 1 billion - is that you have too much leeway in defining what is capital gains.

RMoney made full use of that.
Warren Buffet did not.

Investment returns within 3 years are considered short term capital gains. Its taxed as income, with the cap @ 35% being reached @ 1/4 million per person.
Investment returns past 3 years are considered long term capital gains and are taxed @ 15%.
Warren buffet classified some of his investment income as short term capital gains.
RMoney did not. I dont think it can be proven as correct or incorrect by anyone other than the internal auditors of the companies that paid RMoney's income Or the IRS. Or RMoney's tax lawyer.

However I think some of that had to be short term capital gains. Warren buffet's 17.4% is the proof I need.

Anyway I would like to roll the capital gains definition back to 1998. Clinton in 99 changed it for real estate.
Bush in 2003 changed it for a lot more investments and related.

And no your views on communism - "everything stole from the owner etc etc was not the norm". Yea people got killed and their assets confiscated. But I have had uncles who studied in the USSR in the 50's and 60's and it was not what you saw in the US - which obviously was the worst they had.
They routinely rewarded corporation heads and executives for increasing productivity with either plum contracts or tax breaks or free use of other govt property or the like. Essentially incentives to work their work force into basically dying at the machine. The classic modern day equivalent to 13% taxes cos its all capital gains, and it actually should be even less point of view that RMoney has cos he's a job creator.

The russian centralised planning didn't stifle productivity. Their need to export to compete with the US and stave their population and tax the working class heavily while keeping the profits in upper management essentially created a whole society of serfs.
Russian stuff was darn good till the 80's, but they exported all their good stuff, they were left starving. Have you seen a russian postal stamp from the 70's and 80's. Have you seen the paintings they had on them ? Have you studied Russian books for math and physics ? IE Irodov and Piskunov ? seriously, their problem was that they killed their workers to export everything and reward management. Seriously the american (resnick and halliday for physics) and british books taught the concepts pretty well. But the russian books were all about problem solving. I have a pretty close history with a lot of the USSR in the 60's and 70's. Communism was bad, and it was bad because they taxed and bled the masses dry while rewarding management - as a general rule. On ocassion they also rewarded politically connected management (AKA Crony capitalism)

Why did they implode. They were oppressed for so long they started to revolt, and then they had a few weak leaders and they collapsed.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #17 - 04/23/13 at 18:42:52

Dane Allen wrote on 04/23/13 at 17:21:13:
What was the last time a liberal (republican or democrat) politician ran a campaign on ideas and not on just promising you free stuff sometime in the future?

Easy - 2007 Ron Paul.

Except he was killed in his own party.
Wanna bet that's gonna repeat in 2016.

In 2007 though his anti bail out message was spot on ... however once that was handed out, there was no other option but to hand out the rest of it. I still like the repeal of the 17th he's mentioned before.
He also is not very big on border security.
He believes we can enforce it cheaper and better electronically. I agree, but I think 2016 would be too late. It may be bolting the barn door after the horse has bolted.

I'm still holding out hope for Joe Arpaio on the ticket )R or D I dont care) though.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #18 - 04/24/13 at 07:34:47

bill67 wrote on 04/22/13 at 16:43:29:
Wisconsin is a good welfare state,Any unmarried girl with a kid gets her rent paid for by the state. If she has another baby the state pays 75% of the cost.I live on the state line of Illinois and Wisconsin and a lot of Illinois girls come over the state line because Wisconsin is easier than Illinois for welfare.

South carolina is another welfare queen in the east coast. Its the state that has famously voted for republicommunist presidential candidates for the last 20 cycles atleast. That was a state RMoney won by 20+ points. Its completely republicommunist - by over double digits. TEA party princess Nikki Haley is the governor and she famously interrupted RMoney when he started railing in a rally about welfare last year. Its also the state of Lindsay Graham one more of those 2 faced ... cut here cut there and give it all to my state republicans.

Its proven ... you can win a SC election if you were republican and you only spoke about the civil war and the revolutionary war. When you dont have an answer for a question, toss in how the revolutionary war and the "battle of cowpens" forged your path in life.

Like this - Q: Our budget is filled with waste, our army is stretched thin, our unemployment is sky high and we have welfare people bleeding us dry. How can you solve our problems ?

A: Very good question, Like in the battle of cowpens in the revolutionary war, I have my life path forged by that battle and war.

In fact someone in the crowd will say ... yeaaaa correct answer.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 00:04:56

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › How the Welfare State Serves the Strong

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.