Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
You wouldthink a Texas Cop would know better (Read 135 times)
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
You wouldthink a Texas Cop would know better
04/16/13 at 16:36:50

http://personalliberty.com/2013/04/16/vet-abused-disarmed-by-cops-because-pol...   Its a shame we treat our veterans like common criminals. A lot of states are disarming them as soon as they return home. This is not the country I grew up in.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: You wouldthink a Texas Cop would know better
Reply #1 - 04/16/13 at 17:16:39

There are 2 locations in the country where I felt I was in a police state. East texas - houston and east - only part I have been to and San Diego CA ... Ooo Iowa's western 1/2 was bad too, but I barely spent 5-6 hours there ... 1/2 of it in a squad car ... for having tinted windows ...

So I guess its par for Texas ... I dunno.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #2 - 04/16/13 at 18:06:33

Sri I cant argue with you, I've never been there. Texas is known to be a gun friendly state. Sounds like the cops are assholes. Colt is leaving Conneticut because of their anti gun laws and moving to Texas. Anyone armed hiking in a known wilderness area with a gun should not be arrested or detained, especially a veteran who is well trained firearm user. I carry a special snake pistol loaded with small bb's when I'm in the woods in the summer to dispatch poisonous snakes. Don't want em around my grandkids.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #3 - 04/16/13 at 18:23:17

Texas is an anamoly in a lot of cases. It is southern, but it does not act like a southern state.
Its a state with a lot of illegal aliens obviously, but it also has a huge number of legal aliens, in fact it may be a reverse from NC or other states in the east coast cos there legal aliens may out number illegal. Which in NC they dont.
Texas also has a lot fewer blacks than most surrounding states (from perception and again only houston and east) ...

None of this possibly explains anything, but I am telling you of my experience in TX.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 04/16/13 at 18:52:50

aw enforcement ended up charging the man with resisting arrest, which was later dropped to interfering with a peace officer while performing a duty.

& just what "duty" was he performing? The cop would have been right in his actions had he simply stopped & said hello & asked if they had been having a good time on their hike,,But Noooo,, he had to show hizzasss & screw a good man over,,

Ohhh, but dont ever stop & think that these cops are getting the idea that they Should act like that from higher ups,, Ohh No,, Im sure that in their daily briefings theyre being told to be mindful of the citizens rights & Im sure theyre all taught that the Bill of Rights means what it says & that they should honor it,, Uh Huhh,, Im just certain of it,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
houstonbofh

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, TX
Reply #5 - 04/17/13 at 00:03:43

Not sure what part of Houston Sri was in, but my experiance is a little different.  "No blacks..."  Uh...  Houston is considered a rap mecca.  Screw was originated here.

As for the cops...  I think they are about to have there asses handed to them.  This will get VERY ugly.  There will be more people protesting this crap than the population of Temple.  And I may be one of them.

(Hard to schedule protests when you actually have a job.)

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #6 - 04/17/13 at 00:59:04

IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #7 - 04/17/13 at 08:13:30

Alot of the cops here in TX are starting to let their badge get to their ego, and think they are way above what they are, and also think that people have no civil rights.   I won't go into what happened to me last year, buts say it was much worse then what happened to the guy we are talking about.  At least I did end up with some justice out of it, even though I did get bent over with the crappy Public Defender I had that made a back room deal with the DA without even consulting me.  Most of the police that were involved in my issue were fired after the new sheriff was elected in this year.

R.F.

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #8 - 04/18/13 at 06:34:59

It's just not in Texas, a LEO showed up at the police range here in Florida with targets that had Travon Martin's image on them. After he got fired he said that they were a training tool to show what not to shoot at, the targets even had a picture of a pack of Skittles on them.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #9 - 04/18/13 at 09:43:36

Their attitudes are much different than they were when we were kids.

http://thenewamerican.com/usnews/crime/item/14635-feds-requested-targets-with...

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
houstonbofh

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, TX
Reply #10 - 04/18/13 at 20:28:17

FYI:  I am hearing from people in the region now that the guy is a known troublemaker, and may have been provoking the cops intentionally.  Note that I am not hearing this from any official sources, but actual folks there.

IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #11 - 04/19/13 at 08:31:34

houstonbofh wrote on 04/18/13 at 20:28:17:
FYI:  I am hearing from people in the region now that the guy is a known troublemaker, and may have been provoking the cops intentionally.  Note that I am not hearing this from any official sources, but actual folks there.

Like he wsa trying to get one of those videos that are all over the net with some sort of title like "unlawful stop" or something? Interesting but, assuming it is true, I think the police need to maintain a higher form of decorum and not get drawn into a legal trap. That is taxpayer money they are at risk of losing to a lawsuit. I think this happens a lot at protested where they try to get footage of the cops clubbing some old lady. It definitely sucks and makes the cops job harder, and I think you are right about him provoking the cops, but being a co isn't an easy job and ultimately it's the rights of the people they have to uphold.

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
houstonbofh

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, TX
Reply #12 - 04/19/13 at 20:35:37

Dane Allen wrote on 04/19/13 at 08:31:34:

Like he wsa trying to get one of those videos that are all over the net with some sort of title like "unlawful stop" or something? Interesting but, assuming it is true, I think the police need to maintain a higher form of decorum and not get drawn into a legal trap. That is taxpayer money they are at risk of losing to a lawsuit. I think this happens a lot at protested where they try to get footage of the cops clubbing some old lady. It definitely sucks and makes the cops job harder, and I think you are right about him provoking the cops, but being a co isn't an easy job and ultimately it's the rights of the people they have to uphold.

From what I am hearing, the cops were polite the other 20 or so times, but got overly frustrated this time.  Still makes them wrong, but also human.

IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #13 - 04/22/13 at 09:43:35

houstonbofh wrote on 04/19/13 at 20:35:37:

From what I am hearing, the cops were polite the other 20 or so times, but got overly frustrated this time.  Still makes them wrong, but also human.

Wow, so they keep hassling this guy even though they did the same thing another 20 times? Now this is sounding like a pattern of harassment. I was thinking he was just out one day and got jumped but if the cops keep busting this guy for no reason then that is very, very bad.

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
houstonbofh

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, TX
Reply #14 - 04/23/13 at 23:43:30

Dane Allen wrote on 04/22/13 at 09:43:35:
houstonbofh wrote on 04/19/13 at 20:35:37:

Wow, so they keep hassling this guy even though they did the same thing another 20 times? Now this is sounding like a pattern of harassment. I was thinking he was just out one day and got jumped but if the cops keep busting this guy for no reason then that is very, very bad.

You misread what I said.  He went out baiting cops 20 times, and 19 of them they were totally polite and professional...  At least that is what I am hearing.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 21:51:53

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › You wouldthink a Texas Cop would know better

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.