Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
need info on what price and what kind of carb? (Read 88 times)
maxximus
YaBB Newbies

HAVE YOURSELF A
SAVAGE DAY!!

need info on what price and what kind of carb?
04/21/13 at 16:53:58

where and what kind of carb and how much can I pay for a carb for a 1997 savage 12k miles  running straight pipe and pod air filter

IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Re: need info on what price and what kind of carb?
Reply #1 - 04/21/13 at 20:51:34

Well the best carb for tuneablity is the VM36-4 and Lancer here on the Forums sells the kit complete with throttle cable, a set of jets for tuning, a jet tool, spark plug plus manual.  I may be forgetting something or something/s that are also included in the kit he sells, and I've looked at all of it priced separately and he's got it at a great price.  So look him up in the Market section here on the Forums,  He's got his own Stick post at the top.

As for tuning it to run properly with a straight pipe that may not be possible for all around riding.  That straight pipe will have a very narrow power range if you don't at least baffle it. Not to mention it's gonna be very hard to tune for it, to get the mixtures right for all areas of the throttle range.  Impossible probably not,  Difficult definitely.  Lancer is the man you want to talk to on help for getting starting on some advise for tuning it with either the stock carb or his kit.  He is our resident carb man and LS650 performance guy as well. Who knows he may even steer you towards a different carb with your setup, but I'm sure he can still supply you will all the other needed parts for the conversion.

Here is a link to his market listing.

Lancer's Performance Parts

R.F.

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #2 - 04/21/13 at 21:18:53

Put a take off Harley Dyna muffler on it and you will get more power and easier (much easier) tuning.  

Dyna mufflers are spoken here, most of us have one.   There is a reason for that, you know.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
SALB
Serious Thumper

FSO

Whittier, AK
Reply #3 - 04/22/13 at 13:13:43

If your intent on using a straight pipe, consider using a baffle.  Since you're probably not building a full out race motor, you won't lose the top end the straight pipe would supply, and it'll be easier to tune for low RPM street riding. Wink  Just my two cents worth.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/02/24 at 05:34:09

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › need info on what price and what kind of carb?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.