thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
we americans
04/19/13 at 23:04:36

why does it take tragedies for us to "come together"?
so many stories coming out
the nurse who was watching the race and ran home to get her bike to go to the hospital and nurse a young victim for 7 hours
the runner who had finished and gave his medal to a runner that was a mile short
not to leave out the first responder citizens..

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: we americans
Reply #1 - 04/20/13 at 05:49:22

why does it take tragedies for us to "come together"?

I have to disagree a little bit Thumper...... I see little acts of kindness everyday. I was at a rest stop in Kentucky yesterday and the guy I was traveling with was a quarter short at the vending machine.  I had no coins, but this truck driver overhead us talking and flipped him a quarter on his way out the door. I could probably think of 10 things just this last trip thru TN this week that show people come together all the time in everyday events. In some ways, it's easier to come together in a big event. It might be more of a testament to someone's character what they do with the small things.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: we americans
Reply #2 - 04/20/13 at 07:23:20

I agree with web ... yeow how many times have I said that ...

Anyway I am obviously not from around here and people are usually nice. In fact pathologically nice ... I'd get more attitude from people in India than I do here.

And usually this time of year I roam around wearing a T shirt inside and my favorite Black 3 shirt with dale earnhardt signature (local boy who died in a daytona race) and people are super super nice. None of that "you dont deserve to wear that shirt boy" crap ... people have offered to buy it off me ... I dont wear it by itself its is scratchy, so I only wear it when I can get away with 2 layers or 1 where I can remove it and be in the T shirt. Besides dont wanna wear it out.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 00:04:29

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › we americans

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.