Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
OVER
04/19/13 at 18:31:12

Hats off to law enforcement agents, and the people of Boston.

A good and amazingly fast end to this latest act of terrorism. This makes me realize that as much as I hate it, the fact that we have archived video surveillance can be the thing needed to learn how things happened.

The key is to balance privacy needs and to use it for things of sufficient importance to justify any lost privacy of people.

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Re: OVER
Reply #1 - 04/19/13 at 19:04:35

They ran him to ground, tracked him using every means possible and caught him. He will never ever see the sun again as a free person for the rest of his life.

Still doesn't ballance the books in my eyes Angry

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #2 - 04/19/13 at 22:15:15

Video cameras aren't a bad idea as long as they are in public. There's so many cellphone cameras out there now you never know when you're being filmed. As a law abiding citizen I try to be on my best behavior when I'm in a crowd which isn't very often. I don't care for the ones at stoplights because they cant prove who's driving. I'm all for catching the bad guys as long as it doesn't interfere with my liberty or what goes on inside my home. Just gotta remember to quit picking my nose and scratching my a$$ in public.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #3 - 04/19/13 at 22:49:23

Still doesn't ballance the books in my eyes Angry [/quote]

my eyes too

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #4 - 04/20/13 at 05:26:43

Midnightrider wrote on 04/19/13 at 22:15:15:
Video cameras aren't a bad idea as long as they are in public. There's so many cellphone cameras out there now you never know when you're being filmed. As a law abiding citizen I try to be on my best behavior when I'm in a crowd which isn't very often. I don't care for the ones at stoplights because they cant prove who's driving. I'm all for catching the bad guys as long as it doesn't interfere with my liberty or what goes on inside my home. Just gotta remember to quit picking my nose and scratching my a$$ in public.

From what I remember listening to it on radio almost all the footage was private - be it cell phone, security cameras or what not. Very little from traffic or other govt installed cameras. I am sorry this is todays version of "crowd justice" ... crowd takes a pic and if you screw up they hand that over to cops. I love it, cos I manage data systems for a living ... more data = more living wheee ...

Seriously though these fools dreamt of walking away with this ... yea baseball cap and sunglasses gonna save you ... fool.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 04/20/13 at 05:43:48

In this age of instant reporting, tweets, and blogs, there's a temptations to latch on to any bit of information sometimes to jump to conclusions. When a tragedy like this happens, with public safety at risk and the stakes so high, it's important we do this right. That's why we have investigations that's why we relentlessly gather the facts, that's why we have courts. That's why we take care not to rush to judgement, not about the motivations of these individuals and certainly not about entire groups of people  
quote from president hopey-change.

Now, for one f'ing second, does anyone believe he would have said this and NPR repeated the same thing ad-nauseam if the original photos had been two southern good-ole boys; one with a Confederate flag on his shirt and maybe the other with a don't tread on me hat? I was driving most of the day yesterday and the only station I could pick up regularly with updates was NPR. I about threw up listening to them remind listeners every 20 seconds not to assume Islam was to blame in any shape or form....

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 04/20/13 at 05:57:53

Emerson's Investigative Project on Terrorism reviewed videos posted on the YouTube channels of Tamerlan Tsarnaev and his younger brother Dzhokhar A. Tsarnaev.

Both brothers had YouTube channels in the United States and in Russia. Emerson's group reviewed about half of the 22 videos posted on the U.S. channel. The videos were viewed by a small number of people. One video received 5,000 views, another just 1,000 views.

Based on the content of the videos, which feature Bin Laden, calls to kill Americans, Jews, Christians and exhortations to establish a world-wide caliphate, it is clear that these message are not directed just at Chechens. "They are directed primarily against all non-Muslims and are very similar to the Al Qaeda videos we've seen in years past."

The two brothers clearly want "to express a message that they totally sympathize with the jihadist cause. These were jihadists, they were not just Chechen separatists."

I've heard very, very little about these you-tube videos. Has anyone seen this spoken about on the news?

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 04/20/13 at 06:03:27

in fact, to follow up on that, I just read my local St. Louis Post-Dispatch and they had a front page article titled 'lives of two brothers show no penchant to become terrorists by an AP writer. Really? how do you call yourself a reporter, write a story with that title and leave out any mention of the you-tube videos?

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 04/20/13 at 06:17:18

I absolutely love the phrase I just read about what we will see in the coming days how these guys were NOT acting in conjunction with any larger group……  That’s funny, because I thought all 2nd Amendment guys and NRA members banded together with one voice to defeat president hopey’s worthless gun bill…..

“We don’t know that any of these lone wolves belong to the United Amalgamated of Lone Wolves and Isolated Extremists. They’re all just one-offs — all jihad is local.”

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #9 - 04/20/13 at 06:40:51

He he ... I am not a liberal nor an Obama fan ... I am however an NPR fan. Yea I hear conservatives say Librull public radio ... and liberals rail about it being another faux news ... My local affiliate is more conservative leaning than the WA DC or Boston ones I think though. Much of this was Boston produced.

And ... I have been a news junkie since tuesday atleast ...

However there is a reason why it is mentioned. Islam is a religion. Being a confederate sympathizer is not a religion.

The correct comparison is - Did they say the same thing when christian fundamentalist Eric Rudolph bombed the atlanta olympics ?
I dunno I was not listening to radio then I think. However googling it, I dont think so ... cos from 96-98 he was unknown. Then till 2003 he was on the lam and said to be a christian fundamentalist and they said christian fundamentalist compounds in the appalachian mountains etc etc have given him refuge.

Now they did mention he was a christian fundamentalist - as opposed to a christian non fundamentalist ? I dunno, but they know their listening audience is well familiar with christianity. They may not need to say further than "fundamentalist". I would at some time in my past have liked to hear what the difference was in more detail, but I guess I dont need to now.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #10 - 04/20/13 at 15:19:32

I am glad its over,But why don't they stop the BS,The cops didn't find the younger brother the owner of the boat did and called the cops.They flew helicopters over and showed someone  in the boat either pasted out or sleeping.The owner of the boat opened the cover and saw him all bloody before the helicopter deal.Yet it took  a couple hundred cops 4-5 hours to get him.The owner of the boat should get a hugh reward.Same with the black guy in California the civilian had as much to do with it as the cops.I'm from the old school lets stop the BS and tell the truth.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #11 - 04/20/13 at 16:21:12

Even as frequently as the cameras come in handy, do you guys really want to live in a police state? The USA is becoming an oversized version of Israel...  Angry

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
45acp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

on a shooting range in OK.
Reply #12 - 04/20/13 at 19:18:54

WD wrote on 04/20/13 at 16:21:12:
Even as frequently as the cameras come in handy, do you guys really want to live in a police state? The USA is becoming an oversized version of Israel...  Angry

boy if that aint the truth!

shoot fast. reload faster.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #13 - 04/21/13 at 07:02:58

45acp wrote on 04/20/13 at 19:18:54:
WD wrote on 04/20/13 at 16:21:12:

boy if that aint the truth!

OK you do know these are private cameras right ? the FBI asked for it from people, who voluntarily gave them up right ?

I dont see how this is different from holding a gun to the head of an intruder while you call the cops.

This is the sequence of events as I see it.

Wearing a baseball cap, sun glasses and back pack = Not a crime.
Sitting backpack down on the ground = Not a crime.
Walking away = not a crime but suspicious.
Backpack explodes = Big crime.

Only way to stop this is to get pics/video all the way along.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #14 - 04/21/13 at 13:49:52

The FBI guy who interviewed the older brother a year ago or so should be fired for not knowing or doing his job right.Just tax payers money wasted on him.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 00:07:14

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › OVER

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.