Send Topic Print
carb float settings??? (Read 58 times)
JohnBoy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

carb float settings???
04/15/13 at 18:29:30

would any of you have photos or photo links of carb float 'installed' and tips on adjusting the float?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: carb float settings???
Reply #1 - 04/16/13 at 08:54:45

I sure dont, BUT, I DO remember that first time, with the dial caliper, trying to hold the thig Juuuust so & measure it..

IF you get some clear tubing & put it on the carb bowl drain & hold it up next to the carb, it will show you your fuel level in the bowl,

Remember, theres a tiny, spring loaded part on the rubber tipped valve the floats are attached to.

Youve gotta hold the carb oriented as if its on the bike, sight thru where that tab & valve come together & work the float & see when that spring loaded section just starts to get pressure on it, thats when the valve closes.
If you adjust that tab, be aware its mounted in plastic. I held mine with pliers on the crossbar between the floats, then tweaked the tab a mite.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: carb float settings???
Reply #2 - 04/16/13 at 09:33:09

Here is a link to the "Jets R Us" site that has some text and photos.  Unfortunately they don't give you a detailed shot of the little tab you need to carefully bend.
http://www.jetsrus.com/FAQs/FAQ_float_height_adjustment.html

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 00:27:27

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › carb float settings???

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.