Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
oil additive (redline ZDDP) question (Read 79 times)
eatPokemons
YaBB Newbies

MASS
oil additive (redline ZDDP) question
04/16/13 at 04:36:17

Hey guys, noob here with no motorcycle/mechanical know-how. I read into the oil change postings and I tried to make sense of the whole additive table thing for redline but it doesn't make much sense to me. This would not have been an issue if I read up on the 'reccomended oils' list before going out and buying my own oil. But I didn't, and I already bought some oil...and its not on the reccomended list of oils with the proper ZDDP amounts. Since I already spent money on this oil, I want to be able to use it but I don't know if I need to add a booster to it or not. The oil I bought is Suzuki Performance 4-Cycle Motorcycle Engine Oil 10W-40.
Please tell me if this oil is good to use without having to worry about all that booster mumbo-jumbo.

If this question has been asked and answered approx. 1 million times before, please point me to the answer within this forum. I tried to search the answer and found nothing (other than the table that I cannot makes sense of)

My bike: 2000 Suzu LS650 bobber. a little over 5K miles.

Thanks!

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: oil additive (redline ZDDP) question
Reply #1 - 04/16/13 at 07:18:58

I spent a few minutes searching the internet....and I could not find any specificaitons for the oil you bought.....except that it is MA rated.  This means is is a 4 stroke oil suitable for wet clutch use.....nothing more.  It does not mean that it has enough ZDDP for flat tappet cams.....the MA rating has no standards for ZDDP.

If you want to use it.....I would add some ZDDP just to be safe.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
eatPokemons
YaBB Newbies

MASS
Re: oil additive (redline ZDDP) question
Reply #2 - 04/16/13 at 07:22:25

Thanks Dave!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home