Electrical Problem (Read 40 times)
comp_pro
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Southwest Georgia
Electrical Problem
03/16/13 at 08:39:31

Ok guys, this is driving me crazy.  Motorcycle runs great, starts as soon as I touch the starter button.  Runs great, just like it came from the showroom.  As soon as I put it in gear, it's like someone hit a kill switch.  I've also noticed that the neutral light stays on all the time all of a sudden.  Any ideas?
Thanks!
Mark

05 White S40, Dyna Muffler, K&N Panel Filter, carb rejet, NC Dakota 4.5 Windscreen; Saddlebags; Corbin Seat.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Electrical Problem
Reply #1 - 03/16/13 at 08:53:28

Kickstand up?

search for a pinched wire between the kickstand and neutral wire coming out of the tranny by the clutch lever.

WWW   IP Logged
comp_pro
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Southwest Georgia
Re: Electrical Problem
Reply #2 - 03/16/13 at 09:13:23

Wow...thanks for the quick responses! Smiley  I figured out what it was...I know there are 40 dozen "safety" switches on this bike and it turns out that a very small piece of trash had gotten stuck under the pin on the kickstand switch.  This was somehow keeping it from engaging when the kickstand was up.  Once I cleaned that really good, everything is good again!  Wink  Now, since it's in the 70's today, time to ride!!!!

Again, thanks...don't know what I'd do without you guys...(and gals).  Cheesy

05 White S40, Dyna Muffler, K&N Panel Filter, carb rejet, NC Dakota 4.5 Windscreen; Saddlebags; Corbin Seat.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 06:45:25

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Electrical Problem

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.