Seat options (Read 594 times)
blacklabeloutlaw
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Maryland
Seat options
03/13/13 at 20:29:48

I Would like to change out the stock seat on my 97 Savage but really do not want to pay over 200 bucks for the corbin seat ( even though it looks really nice!!) I was thinking about a solo seat or something along the lines of a bobber style seat. Would this style of seat be difficult to install because I believe it would require some modification, which I don't mind.

"Bad luck is not brought from broken mirrors, but from broken minds."
  IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Re: Seat options
Reply #1 - 03/14/13 at 02:58:59

If you are a masochist go to www.trademe.co.nz and type in listing 570255591. The product is made in the USA

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #2 - 03/14/13 at 04:40:05

Hey BlackLabel there are a number of guys that have installed aftermarket solo seats on the LS650, just do a search and  you'll find some. (some people don't care for the built in search feature on the site and use Google instead, just include "suzukisavage.com in your search then)

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
HondaLavis

It's nothing
personal; the other
one came first.

Plano, TX
Reply #3 - 03/14/13 at 08:09:25

All of these are Harley Sportster solo seats.  You could take any of these and use either a 12"x12" T bar or a 12" straight bar to mount them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GENUINE-HARLEY-DAVIDSON-SOLO-SEAT-1982-2003-XLH-SPORT...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HARLEY-DAVIDSON-H-D-SPORTSTER-SOLO-SEAT-XL-SPORTY-XLH...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Harley-Davidson-Sportster-Solo-seat-fits-07-08-09-10-...

Here is the thread about mounting a Harley 2-up [url=seat:http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1161011205]seat:http://suzukisava...[/url]  

You want it to look roughly like this, but without the rear pillion:

I hope this is Kind of what you were looking for!

"You ride a single cylinder motorcycle??"

"When you're good, one is all you need." Wink

I guess that means I'm no good anymore; I've got 4 more cylinders! '08 Yamaha FJR1300 and still '01 Savage
  IP Logged
blacklabeloutlaw
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Maryland
Reply #4 - 03/14/13 at 23:23:44

Thanks , this really gave me more options into a seat besides the average bobber solo seats I see a lot of. Thanks for the help.

"Bad luck is not brought from broken mirrors, but from broken minds."
  IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #5 - 03/15/13 at 01:51:33

Here's a photo of the US made steel cnc plasma cut masochists seat, a so called "Hard Ass" spider web seat, the New Zealand distributor alleges that "leather and padding are for sissy girls" thank god my Airhawk 2 is on its way from the States.

257863413.jpg

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #6 - 03/15/13 at 06:55:27

97? Still have your 2 piece stock seat or was it swapped out for a later model 1 piece? It isn't hard to make a frame fitting, thinner, firmer seat off your stock front pan. A couple layers of ensolite camping pad, covered with the leather or vinyl of your choice.

Standard "chopper/bobber" solo seats are a bit small. Like the look but want comfortable, go for one designed to fit a Harley K model (side valve predecessor of the Sportster). Or an early, pre-75, Ironhead.

Very early in my bike's modifications, probably late 1999 or early 2000. Seat was good for several hundred miles a day...

2006 or 2007, same seat...

I still have that seat. It needs a couple screws and washers replaced that hold the leather to the pan, but it still works fine. May swap it back and forth with the big 2 up seat I have for it now. VN800A with Mustang fancy cover. Buying a cheap generic solo works, but durability is an issue. I had one on the Savage for a couple months and wore the cover out, the vinyl was paper thin, the padding was too soft, so the pan cut its way on through.

Whatever route you choose to go, make sure you spend the money on a decent cover. Or plan to buy an old leather jacket at the 2nd hand store and recover the seat...

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
RidgeRunner13
Serious Thumper

haulin' the
groceries!

Mustang Island, Texas
Reply #7 - 03/15/13 at 09:53:03

I have a V-Star 950 seat on mine now. It was pretty easy to modify to fit, just requiring a little sawing & 4 simple brackets to bolt to the stock mounts. Looks like it was made for the Savage. Cool

Wind me up & watch me run, I ain't never had too much fun!
  IP Logged
Demin
Serious Thumper

We need more
chlorine in the gene
pool

Warren,Ohio
Reply #8 - 03/16/13 at 10:54:18

Easy.....$39.00 seat,a frame bracket,and a seat bracket.The latter two make a hinge..The frame bracket bolts right to the stock tank mounts,a bolt through it and the seat bracket....Done!
And you can leave the springs out if you want.

Next project:finish '87 Savage custom/bobber/CHOP STYLE***DONE
finish '77 Yamaha XS650 bobber Bought another one
finish'79 Harley custom bobber(NEXT)
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/05/24 at 01:24:23

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Seat options

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!