Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Obama wants em dressed sharp for you Webster (Read 51 times)
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Obama wants em dressed sharp for you Webster
03/08/13 at 18:59:39

President Barack Obama and Rep Nancy Pelosi have been running around like Chicken Little for the past couple of weeks screaming that ‘the sky is falling, the sky is falling.’  The dreaded sequester was going to plunge us back into the Dark Ages and according to Rep Maxine Waters, 170 million of America’s out of the total 120 million working, will lose their jobs if sequestration is allowed to happened.  (She did revise her figures to 750,000 once the error was pointed out to her.)

Yet, I’ve heard several news reports that all the sequester does is put us back to the spending levels from about 3-4 years ago.  The same holds true for many of the other areas such as food and meat in grocery stores.  We didn’t see empty shelves in the meat departments then, did we?  Was our military less capable of defending us in 2009 than they are today?

If you flew anywhere in 2009, you will probably see the same type of lines at TSA security stations today as you did back then.  But TSA was smart and planned for the impending doom of the sequester.  Knowing they were going to have their budget slashed so severely that dangerous terrorists would find it easier to board planes, they took $50 million and made a new contract with VF Imagewear for purchasing of new uniforms.

Yep, that’s right.  $50 million worth of new uniforms is far more important than saving jobs and protecting the country from 3 year old kids in strollers and 90 year old grandmas with walkers.  After all, just after setting aside the $50 million for uniforms, Department of Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano warned that the sequester will force TSA furloughs and that the public should be prepared for long lines at airports, saying:

“We are already seeing the effect on the ports of entry, the big airports for example.  Some of them had very long lines this weekend.”

“Look people, I don’t mean to scare, I mean to inform.  If you’re traveling, get to the airport earlier than you otherwise would. There’s only so much we can do with personnel and please don’t yell at the customs officers, the TSA officers. They aren’t responsible for sequester.”

TSA did say:

“You will be measured for your new uniforms at your first orientation session.  TSA will provide your initial uniform issue consisting of 3 long sleeve shirts, 3 short sleeve shirts, 2 pairs of trousers, 2 ties, and one belt, sweater, socks, and jacket.”

So the next time you fly and have to stand in those mile long lines that Napolitano warned us about, make sure you compliment the TSA agents on their uniforms.  Oh yeah, and it would help if you comment that their nice uniforms could be the real reason some of them have been furloughed or lost hours.  I’m sure they’ll appreciate your concer

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: Obama wants em dressed sharp for you Webster
Reply #1 - 03/09/13 at 07:11:10

No, but but but ... the sequester is working ... its getting webby here all worked up.
He has to take off his shoes and belt @ the airport ... sequester. Old peanuts on the plane ... sequester, taxi for 10 more mins ... sequester ...
See how it works.

And no sense even mentioning JOG, too much to list.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 03/10/13 at 05:27:58

I'm missing your point Midnight....

By the way, there were no long lines in either St. Louis, Houston, Las Vegas or Denver last week. Same number of TSA agents as always, frisking old ladies and yelling at passengers waiting in lines to remove all liquids like we're prisoners waiting for water and a biscuit.  

President HopeyChange was just trying his typical scare tactics. He's trying to make people think they just can't do without government taking care of everthing for them....

if they cut out half the federal departments tomorrow, within a week or two, everything would be running smoother....

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #3 - 03/10/13 at 10:36:08

They can start with Homeland Security. Give the Coast Guard to the D.o.D. where it belongs, airport security can be handled by the Air Force, Border issues by the Army and Marines. Awful lot of tax dollars are spent on redundancies, let's get rid of a few.

Next on the block... so called Department of Indoctrination, oops, I mean Education...  Wink Obviously does not work properly based on our students' test scores compared to other parts of the world. Time to follow a western European model, send the dunces to trade school and stop wasting money on "college prep" for those who can not or will not learn.

$50M so a bunch of foreign born barely able to speak comprehensible English drones can get new work clothes...  Shocked (sarcastic, I'd be shocked if the government did something that made sense)

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #4 - 03/10/13 at 12:34:28

Yes,.. I'm sure the most powerful man on the planet is the one that decides when the security guards need new uniforms...
Grin Grin Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #5 - 03/10/13 at 13:56:27

Serowbot wrote on 03/10/13 at 12:34:28:
Yes,.. I'm sure the most powerful man on the planet is the one that decides when the security guards need new uniforms...
Grin Grin Grin...

Oooo Rush Limbaugh is giving out free uniforms ... where, my clothes are getting dirty ...
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 20:24:27

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Obama wants em dressed sharp for you Webster

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.