Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Stay calm and trust the police (Read 124 times)
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Stay calm and trust the police
03/07/13 at 11:05:03

After all... they are trained to use firearms.

http://m.wfsb.com/w/news/story/86471973/

Police lift lockdown at Manchester Community College
Mar 7, 2013 11:37 a.m.
story image +

The lockdown at Manchester Community College has been lifted after someone reported seeing a student with a gun on campus Wednesday afternoon.

According to school officials, a student with a "handgun protruding out from his waistband" was seen around the arts and sciences building, which was locked down just before 2 p.m.

A short time later the lockdown was extended to the entire campus as well as Great Path Academy.

Students at Manchester Community College were alerted of the situation via text message, the school website and media outlets.

College officials said the campus was "under a shelter-in-place emergency," while police searched each classroom.

"Out of nowhere, three cops busted down the door. One of them had an assault rifle, he told us to stay in the classroom at first," said eyewitness Sam Robbins. "They said they were looking for someone suspicious."

SWAT teams as well as state troopers and officers from neighboring towns swarmed the college campus Wednesday afternoon.

School officials said students were advised to stay away from the campus until further notice.

"It is important to note that conducting such a search is a methodical task, comprising vast amounts of classrooms," said Manchester Police Capt. Christopher Davis in a statement Wednesday night. "Some of which contained several hundred students that needed to be searched prior to being released."

Police said the college campus was secured around 7:45 p.m.

One police officer, who was responding, was accidentally shot in the foot by another police officer during the investigation.

There is no update on his condition and police are not releasing his name at this time.

All classes and events on campus were canceled at the college.

Police told Eyewitness News the suspect is believed to be a heavy-set Hispanic man, who is possibly 5'8" to 5"10" and wearing a red short-sleeved shirt.

No arrests have been made at this time and no evidence was located.

The incident remains under investigation by state police.

Copyright 2013 WFSB (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

I took a couple of classes at MCC.
I have to add that in the original story I heard the state trooper had shot himself in the foot. This story paints it out to be a cop on cop crime.

--Steve

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: Stay calm and trust the police
Reply #1 - 03/07/13 at 16:00:06

Even cops shoot themselves ... or each others foot. They go through hours of training, and have to undergo repeat training every month or something right ...
Huh ... someone would think you cant be trained well enough to use a gun ... sorta like that gun was defective ... or wasn't designed right for a human to use ... y'know ... some would say.

Like my idiot friend constantly sows up with dead amplifiers ... I constantly ask him how it died ... he says, well I was running it on this speaker and the wires came loose and this and that and my house has surges and there is some times the refrigerator cut on ... or off and the amp dead. I'm like maybe you need to get your electrical system in your house checked, you shouldn't have surges when the light comes on or off.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 03/07/13 at 17:47:40

Cheney should have been a cop,... he's good at going off half-cocked... Grin...

(he's done it twice,... that's more action than the average cops sees in a career)...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #3 - 03/08/13 at 01:22:35

I'm telling you, cops shoot themselves @ an alarming rate. It may be the most under reported as well as the most suppressed stat out there. See the glock is famous for discharging while drawing. Its light trigger and heavy firing pin make a lethal combo, and since cops have to wear their gun, they shoot themselves a lot. Of course they dont report it unless they lose a leg, cos you look stupid reporting it as a cop ...

Then, of course the Glock is the darling of the NRA, so the cases that do get reported get suppressed.

In a way cops have these accidents more than civilians. Cos people dont need to wear their gun always.

Anyway the reason the NRA has been suppressing these is that it is going to look an awful lot like the accidents and the unintended shootings would far outweigh the actual intended uses of guns. I cant believe it would even be close.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 03/08/13 at 06:49:50

Glocks have 3 internal safties built in. Safety's... Safties?

Mine has never "negligently discharged" on me. I also don't draw it with my finger on the trigger. I'm also not twitchty and jumpy at the chance to shoot someone... Bear in mind on A CAMPUS FULL OF CIVILIANS. Of course, I never carry chambered either.

--Steve

IP Logged
223fan
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Crawley   WV
Reply #5 - 03/08/13 at 18:09:23

If a glock discharges its because there is a finger on the trigger. And no I don't like glocks ,but it has nothing to do with them being "unsafe"

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #6 - 03/09/13 at 07:02:33

223fan wrote on 03/08/13 at 18:09:23:
If a glock discharges its because there is a finger on the trigger. And no I don't like glocks ,but it has nothing to do with them being "unsafe"

Yea OK, but is its trigger covered so you cant accidentally touch it ?

I'll design a car with a gear shifter coming up through the middle of the steering wheel. Then claim my car will not shift unless someone moves the shifter, meanwhile my cars are jumping gears in the middle of corners and so on, while I claim "nope my cars are not defective" No shifting unless something pushes on the shifter. And the " 150 year old organization - NCA - National Cars Association" is in my pocket and they agree. How's that.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #7 - 03/09/13 at 09:59:05

Barney finally got to shoot his bullet.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
Arizuno

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Prescott, AZ
Reply #8 - 03/09/13 at 13:44:21

White '07, OEM wind screen, 1" seat lift, re-shaped OEM seat, seat beads, TKat, Dyna muffler (Serowbot), Raptor petcock, seat pins (Verslagen1), Big Crank.
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 03/11/13 at 06:16:49

[quote author=77766D6A65706C040 link=1362683103/0#6 date=1362841353]223fan wrote on 03/08/13 at 18:09:23:
Yea OK, but is its trigger covered so you cant accidentally touch it

Yes. There is a full trigger guard around it.
In fact there's a little toggle in the middle of the trigger that functions as a physical stop.
You can squeeze on the outside edges of the trigger and it will not function unless you squeeze the little lever in the middle.

--Steve

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #10 - 03/11/13 at 08:44:00

That is guard isn't enough apparently, its too far forward or something.
I have not talked to a cop in a year, so my first hand knowledge of it is a bit rusty. Something like from the way its holstered it cant be drawn very effectively without a finger on the trigger.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 03/11/13 at 09:07:36

Completely enclosed.

--Steve

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #12 - 03/11/13 at 10:34:08

Hey man, I know some of this, and well some of this is news to me, but I have spoken to cops about it ... they shoot themselves in the foot and leg, as well as other things in that general direction all the time.
These accidental shootings have been very cannily fought, settled or other wise silenced (not the guns silencer) by Glock very well. Of course cops shooting themselves just wont get reported unless they lose a leg, cos it just sounds stupid ... sorta like a carburetor expert like me having a bike that coughs and spits and misfires ... and I am riding it around ... someone asks me why my bike is spewing gas and running like sheite, I would say, naaaa I just bought it.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 16:02:16

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Stay calm and trust the police

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.