Send Topic Print
Dr. Ben Carson (Read 228 times)
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: Dr. Ben Carson
Reply #15 - 02/20/13 at 18:00:51

The NRA publishes lies designed to cause fear in their target market, they are paid by the gun companies, the NRA publishes flawed data and inferences that extoll the virtues of their products block the full data and they get you to pay up for buying the products of their paymasters.

Pretty clear to me what they are and what they think of their target market.
You may not be paying dues to them ... they dont care, they get $ from the gun you just bought given to them by the company that made the gun, the dealer who sold you the gun and everyone else in that line. The NRA is like a motorcycle magazine that is run by the motorcycle company without having to tell you they are bought and paid for. Your subscription to the magazine dont make a scratch on their budget.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #16 - 02/20/13 at 19:59:21

Many many thanks for your service Bravo! I dont always back what the wars are all about but I respect the courage and giving up good part of your life to show the rest of the world we can kick their a$$. God bless you.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 02/21/13 at 03:20:59

The govt has shredded the spine of the 2nd. Now the NRA is using it as a cover to cause fear and sell their product and help random people shoot each other ...

Now after the many manuevers of the NRA, Owning a gun IMHO is an acknowledgement that you have been giving the NRA a blowjob ...

Srinath; in my three years on and off this forum, you are easily the biggest fool ever to appear. On a board where we agree on very few things, I'm guessing that belief is nearly universal....

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #18 - 02/21/13 at 07:07:44

Im still trying to figure out what the NRA sells other than membership. Owning a gun doesnt put a dime in their pocket. Im not a member. Id join Gun Owners of America instead. IMO the NRA is controlled opposition. Theyre NOT our friend.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #19 - 02/21/13 at 08:36:28

Why did the thread get hijacked by JOG to talk about guns again when I started it to talk about Dr. Carson?

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #20 - 02/21/13 at 17:30:57

WebsterMark wrote on 02/21/13 at 03:20:59:
The govt has shredded the spine of the 2nd. Now the NRA is using it as a cover to cause fear and sell their product and help random people shoot each other ...

Now after the many manuevers of the NRA, Owning a gun IMHO is an acknowledgement that you have been giving the NRA a blowjob ...

Srinath; in my three years on and off this forum, you are easily the biggest fool ever to appear. On a board where we agree on very few things, I'm guessing that belief is nearly universal....

Opinions opinions opinions ... everyone has 3-4000 ...

NRA is a gun selling organisation ... look up their sources of $$$.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #21 - 02/21/13 at 17:37:10

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 02/21/13 at 07:07:44:
Im still trying to figure out what the NRA sells other than membership. Owning a gun doesnt put a dime in their pocket. Im not a member. Id join Gun Owners of America instead. IMO the NRA is controlled opposition. Theyre NOT our friend.

Well if you have bought a bullet ... look up who made that, and look up contributions from that firm to NRA. OK Then I guess you should divide the purchase you made by the Yearly gross of that firm, and multiply the NRA contribution for that year from that firm by that fraction.

Example - You bought bullets in 2012. You paid x. In 2012 their gross was y. They contributed a to the NRA. So a times x/y is your contribution to the NRA.

The NRA nearly bankrupted smith and wesson for complying with gun control ... S&W after that sold to a private equity firm for 15 million. Dirt cheap. In terms of a savage, its like buying a perfect running savage with a thorn (NRA) sticking out of the seat for $150. They pay the NRA a bit of penance (oppose the gun laws) and it goes away ... and booya, $1500 bike.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #22 - 02/21/13 at 17:37:48

Jerry Eichenberger wrote on 02/21/13 at 08:36:28:
Why did the thread get hijacked by JOG to talk about guns again when I started it to talk about Dr. Carson?

I am sorry we sorta swirl to the drain ...
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #23 - 02/26/13 at 20:23:07

Just watched about half of his speech before going shopping for bassanets and other neat baby stuff for a grandchild to be arriving in a few months.   I think that, as he notes, he did have a caring mother.  Obviously he was also gifted mentally.  Probably he is in the top 10% of the Bell Curve for intelligence.  THAT might have helped him make it out of poverty; but it does not mean the average guy /gal  will make it. (without help).    So while his story is moving and motivational, I am not convinced it applies to very many others.  (Although Obama does come to mind).    Grin

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #24 - 02/26/13 at 20:28:37

As a second note, I agreee with the premise that we need to eliminate career welfare or in the British model generational welfare.  People should be put on a national data base as they collect (any and all government benefits medicaid, welfare, ss, medicare and governmental payroll) and have maximum of 5 years unemployment benefits in a 65 year span..if they can't find work then they will have to move to where they can. Huh

IP Logged
houstonbofh

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, TX
Reply #25 - 02/26/13 at 20:37:24

Trippah wrote on 02/26/13 at 20:23:07:
Just watched about half of his speech before going shopping for bassanets and other neat baby stuff for a grandchild to be arriving in a few months.   I think that, as he notes, he did have a caring mother.  Obviously he was also gifted mentally.  Probably he is in the top 10% of the Bell Curve for intelligence.  THAT might have helped him make it out of poverty; but it does not mean the average guy /gal  will make it. (without help).    So while his story is moving and motivational, I am not convinced it applies to very many others.  (Although Obama does come to mind).    Grin

I hate to tell you, but the average white person is not rich and wildly successful either.  His point was valid, that anyone CAN be successful, not than anyone WILL.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #26 - 02/27/13 at 05:52:26

A famous economist wrote some wise words not long ago. Paraphrasing; it’s easy to escape poverty in the US…

1)Graduate from high school or get a GED.
2)Take a job; any job.
3)Get to work on time everyday and make it your goal to make your boss’s day easier
4)Stay out of the criminal justice system
5)Get married
6)Have children

Do those things, and you will NEVER be poor in America.

I think he's right.

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #27 - 02/27/13 at 09:30:19

houstonbofh wrote on 02/26/13 at 20:37:24:
Trippah wrote on 02/26/13 at 20:23:07:

I hate to tell you, but the average white person is not rich and wildly successful either.  His point was valid, that anyone CAN be successful, not than anyone WILL.

This is why I was dancing around the issue of class in the racist thread.
The very idea you can start poor and end up rich solidifies the idea were exist in separate classes.
One hundred years ago maybe you could move up, or down, in the ranks but it's become exponentially harder and harder to move upwards these days.
It's no longer enough to graduate high school, college, and earn a fair wage.

I fell victim to bureaucratic nonsense while I was attending college. If you care about the specifics it was little things. One example is that I took a 3 classes for 1 credit each called HTML Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced which was replaced with a single 3 credit class called Web Design. I fought tooth and nail and lost. My three classes became "electives" and didn't count towards my CIS degree.
I've since enrolled into a General Studies degree and have been taking one or two classes a year trying to finish but it's tough out there.
Enough crying. My point is that I started working right away. I learned a trade. I get paid what I think is a fair wage for what I am capable of and a decade's worth of knowledge.

A friend of mine whines all the time on facebook about he has a degree in pharmaceutical something-er-other but the best job he was able to get not only paid half of what I earn, he was dispensing pills at CVS.

Another friend of mine has 3x 2 year degrees and she barely got a job as what is basically a secretary.
My girlfriend has a degree and when I met her she was working at Famous Footwear. She's been unemployed for a month now and finding work here is tough.

I'm very fortunate to be where I am and earn what I earn but gone are the days when everyone can go to school, do good, and reap the rewards. Comfortably. This goes beyond "the cream rises to the top" and appears to be limited to an upper echelon only.

--Steve

IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #28 - 02/27/13 at 12:15:31

Steve -

Let me respectfully disagree.  I have no idea what degree your GF has.  Is it something useful, or something like a liberal arts degree with a major in French?
My wife, way back in the 60s, got her first degree in liberal arts with a French major - she wasn't even eligible to be a school French teacher.  At age 18, entering college, she had no clue, and her father didn't guide her properly.
After getting married to me right after she graduated, she got some lessons in life.  She went back and got another degree in accounting, then practiced at one of what was called the Big 8 accounting firms in those days, until she was expecting our daughter, and quit and stayed home for 13 years.  Then, after being out of accounting for 13 years, and knowing that a lot had changed, especially in the tax area, she got her insurance license in 1992 and opened her own agency, which she still does today.
If one gets a degree in social work, general studies, phys ed, or any of a dozen or more other useless majors, they better visit McDonald's if they want a job.
There are some exceptions - my undergrad major was in history and political science - not really equipping me for a career other than teaching high school, which isn't bad in this day and age.  But I knew that after college in the late 60s that I would have to do the Army thing for at least 2 years, and then I was headed to law school.
My point is that all degrees aren't equal in the real world, especially when it comes to being equipped to earn a living.  No, we won't all be Ben Carson, or Warren Buffett, but the proper education can be the difference that enables one to earn a nice living, if not riches.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #29 - 02/27/13 at 16:28:15

One of my pet peeves is that colleges and universities keep grinding out qualified people for whom there are no jobs. So you finish university with no job prospects in your field, wind up in retail or a fast food joint, with $10,000 of student loans to pay off.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 19:17:31

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Dr. Ben Carson

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.