camaro103060 camaro103060   IP Logged
newriverjunkie

Courage is endurance
for one moment more…

Goose Creek, SC
Re: Who are you?
Reply #31 - 02/21/13 at 15:26:04

223fan wrote on 02/20/13 at 14:33:14:
...pulled 4 years as one of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children.

RAH! Thank you for serving, btw I'm half way through a 6 year reserve contract with Uncle Sam myself.  

I'm 26 (in 5 days) and have been married to my beautiful wife five years this October.  We've got a 15 month old son, who is a typical boy, and my better half is due in early April with our second, sposed to be a girl.  I've lived as far south as SC, as far north as Northern MI, as far west as WA state and as far east as WV.  I finally (after 7 years of knowing my wife) convinced her to let me get a bike..."but babe it'll get better gas mileage than my truck...I can just trade the truck for the bike!"  I've been working for the better part of 12 years, been everything from a lawn mower to a welder to an armed courier/security guard.  I love to work on just about anything I can get my hands on and if my boy is anything like me he'll be taking his toys apart just to see how they work before to long.  Always loved working with my hands...not a real brainy guy but yet I currently find myself filling the shoes of a CNC Machinist...I like to be able to see what my work has done at the end of the day.

I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you f*%# with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #32 - 02/21/13 at 19:10:41

My first love......

My new love.....

My commute.....

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Steve H
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spartanburg, SC
Reply #33 - 02/22/13 at 05:58:26

I'm Steve.  I live in Spartanburg, SC. I am 49 years old.  I am married to my second wife.  I have 2 children, both boys, one 19 and one 10.
I've been riding since somewhere around 10 years old.  Got my motorcycle license in 1979.
I've had several bikes over the years and did all the wrenching on all of them.  As well as on several of my brother's.
I enjoy riding, savage pic attached, radio controlled aircraft, computers, woodworking, reading, not a big tv watcher.  I enjoy good food, belly is starting to show it too. Always willing to help someone out if I can. Just bought my savage last year, the weekend after Thanksgiving.  So far, only put about 50 miles on it.  I'm not a fan of cold. Gotta put my fender on when it warms up too.
Worked for 20 years as a computer service tech.  Certifications from HP, IBM, Compaq, AT&T, Novell, Microsoft.  Before that and currently as an offset and letterpress press operator and typesetter.
I've got carpal tunnel in both wrists.  The stock handlebars give me a fit. My hands get numb after about 30 minutes...gotta change those.

savage_1_small.jpg

87 LS650, 2005 Ninja 250, 2009 Yamaha C3, 2001 Honda Reflex. On 2 wheels since 6/80.
  IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #34 - 02/22/13 at 19:10:48

Larry here. I'm 57 years old and live in Kentucky on part of the same farm I grew up on. I've been married to the same forgiving lady for 34 years. I work for an outdoor power equipment,serving as the pick-up and delivery driver and lately in the parts department.

Besides motorcycles I enjoy reading a lot,raise chickens,write poetry and am a amateur radio operator,my callsign is KG4ZAR and where my nickname Zar comes from. We also have two great dogs,both Brittany Spaniels.

I started riding way back in the 1970's, when big singles and British twins were in their heyday. Dropped out of the scooter scene for a long time until a couple of years ago.  I presently own two scooters, my 1996 Savage and a 1980 Kawasaki KZ440 LTD twin. I enjoy most all bikes but the big singles and paralell twins will always be closest to my heart. My next scooter will hopefully be a Triumph Speedmaster,but there will always be a Savage in the barn for those times I just want to get out and kick up some dust!

IM000189_2_002.JPG

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #35 - 02/22/13 at 21:31:35

Hi... I'm verslagen1... and I'm a savageaholic.   Smiley

Some know me as mike, but there are dozens of mikes here... so call me versy if you wish... just know I probably won't answer to mike w/o a prod.

I'm old enough to know better, but young enough to do it anyway.   Smiley

I'm an mechanical engineer by trade, mechanic by birth.  Born and raised in California.  Dad owned and raced a Gold Star.  After he married, he converted it to a sidecar and raced that for 20 years more.  Brothers raced too, but we all retired together.

WWW   IP Logged
Jiggyfly

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #36 - 02/23/13 at 03:12:35

My name is Shon, and I'm new here! I'm 42, married, & I have 2 boys- one 3-1/2, & one 7 months. I went to school for A&P mechanic, but I work as a mechanic in the food industry, (coffee). I grew up around motorcycles.....literally! We didnt have a garage, so my dad would park his '49 Panhead in the house in the winter. I'm originally from Rockford, Il, but I got so completely sick of winter I moved to Columbia, SC in 2011.
I bought my first motorcycle in 1990....I'd never ridden anything as the pilot previous to this.....EVER, not even a mini bike! Since then, I've owned over 100 motorcycles, ranging from Ducati 916 to XR600 to YZ250f to SV650, & on & on. My passion is road racing, which I've been doing since 1997. I've collected a couple handfuls of regional championships, & I've been on national podiums. I even managed to snag CCS regional championships the last to years, at my ripe old (racing) age. I'm also a track day instructor/coach.

I joined the forum to pick brains & find knowledge on the platform. Like many others here, I'm doing a Ryca build, scrambler version. I just got the bike, & it will have a couple different twists. I'm doing a couple downshifts on the racing in 2013, with the addition of son #2, (hey! Racing ain't cheap!), so I'm building this to get more bike time, as well as I enjoy wrenching & fabricating.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #37 - 02/23/13 at 08:06:45

What a wonderful mix of blokes who have a thump in common, too cool....

versy, I grew up in socal, lived in Redondo Beach/Torrance most of those years. Surfed before the stupid leash brought evey yahoo into the water and worked on the fishing boats out of Redondo Sportfishing for a spell when I was younger. You know the area?
My nephew use to motocross at Ascot, I'd go and watch him.

I still fish and crab for my dinner out front of my house....
I can catch dungies and be eating them in 30 minutes, thats FRESH seafood!

and salmon too!

Weird thing since I started riding, I think it has to do with my helmet...it seems the shape of my head has changed to accommodate its snugness...I dunno. Anybody else have this problem?

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #38 - 02/23/13 at 08:29:41

A few more pixs of my digs....

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #39 - 02/23/13 at 08:32:07

Had an Uncle in Redondo, but we never spent much time there.

Dad at ascot

WWW   IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #40 - 02/23/13 at 08:42:27

Very nice pix, considering the gear the detail frozen at that speed is spot on, the eyes of the riders really tell of their intensity....is that your pa on the bars or is he the one dragging his arse.....   Kiss

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #41 - 02/23/13 at 08:54:37

Dad is the pilot, brother is the monkey

WWW   IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #42 - 02/27/13 at 20:07:31

Serowbot wrote on 02/17/13 at 10:51:27:
I'm a time traveler,.. currently living in 1961, awaiting my chance to prevent the assignation of President Kennedy...
Internet access is difficult here,.. tapping in through rotary phones... but I manage...
Traffic is much less, and gas is dirt cheap,.. so riding is great...

Nice song,... the Who?...  I think I'll buy their first album, when it comes out...
I can't wait to taste McDonalds french fries... Huh...

Serowbot, did you mean assignation or assassination? From the rumors I hear either is ok.  Wink

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #43 - 02/28/13 at 04:23:41

Jiggyfly wrote on 02/23/13 at 03:12:35:
My name is Shon, and I'm new here! I'm 42, married, & I have 2 boys- one 3-1/2, & one 7 months. I went to school for A&P mechanic, but I work as a mechanic in the food industry, (coffee). I grew up around motorcycles.....literally! We didnt have a garage, so my dad would park his '49 Panhead in the house in the winter. I'm originally from Rockford, Il, but I got so completely sick of winter I moved to Columbia, SC in 2011.
I bought my first motorcycle in 1990....I'd never ridden anything as the pilot previous to this.....EVER, not even a mini bike! Since then, I've owned over 100 motorcycles, ranging from Ducati 916 to XR600 to YZ250f to SV650, & on & on. My passion is road racing, which I've been doing since 1997. I've collected a couple handfuls of regional championships, & I've been on national podiums. I even managed to snag CCS regional championships the last to years, at my ripe old (racing) age. I'm also a track day instructor/coach.

I joined the forum to pick brains & find knowledge on the platform. Like many others here, I'm doing a Ryca build, scrambler version. I just got the bike, & it will have a couple different twists. I'm doing a couple downshifts on the racing in 2013, with the addition of son #2, (hey! Racing ain't cheap!), so I'm building this to get more bike time, as well as I enjoy wrenching & fabricating.

If you are still in Columbia then call, email, text or just holler real loud.
I am moving and too many parts in the garage to take with me.
I will PM you as well.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #44 - 02/28/13 at 05:37:52

769 moons since drawing my first breath in northern California, back when most people there were rational.
Left in '67 after H/S, from what is now silicone valley...back then it was strawberry fields and cherry orchards; where Apple's HQ is located was considered the "wrong side of the tracks" back then.  Missed out on a good investment there.
Went to school with the 2 Steve's that created Apple...another investment opportunity lost.    Sad
2 yrs studying Aerospace Engineering @ Parks College then left to fly helicopters for the Army, which included an all inclusive all expenses paid vacation for 1 full year in the beautiful tropical paradise of SE Asia.  
What a deal ! ! !
Survived; married; back to school BS in Agriculture; kids; Navy; moved to SC in '87 and been here since.  
First wife passed away and now remarried to a wonderful woman...just passed our 1 year anniversary.   Smiley

Riding since '66; first bike '66 Suzuki 150 2-stroke twin...fun and pretty much bullet proof...sure took a lot of abuse anyway.
Got a BSA Goldstar in '69, built for flat track racing, and fell in love with the animal inside of it.  It topped out at 110 mph but it was sure a wild ride getting there, and it got there in freaking short order.  Verslagen grew up with them ... he knows.
Had to sell it in the early '90's during extreme times of financial difficulty.  Stuff happens.  Very sad heart.  Maybe some day I can get another.  My son, upon finishing school and becoming gainfully employed, knowing where my motorcycle heart was, bought me a new '96 Savage in 2000 for Fathers Day.  Yep, a very good son.
During the years have had '56 BSA 650 twin single carb, '78 Yamaha SR500 & SRS600, 2 Sporty's, and ....... hmmm, brain freeze...there is another one in there somewhere but cannot think of it.
Currently:  '96 Savage ( REX )
'09 S40
'05 Sporty 1200 Custom
'86 Flat Tracker project bike

Moving to Oklahoma very shortly

Which location should I build the house on ? ?

Not me, just a cool photo of some fine flying and "superb control touch".

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 16:30:52

General CategoryThe Cafe › Who are you?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.