Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Who are you? (Read 723 times)
MiCTLaN

O_o

Winter Haven, FL
Re: Who are you?
Reply #15 - 02/17/13 at 20:38:32

I've worked for the past dozen plus years at a small software company doing product support, training, etc.  Have lived in a relatively small town most of my life... have moved away and came back a few times at this point.  Have been dating a great girl for the past few years, we met online through a forum that we both frequent, met in person and hit it off.

My favorite pastime is probably cooking.  At the end of a long day of dealing with computer related issues, where you often feel like you're never accomplishing anything because once you tackle one issue two more pop up, standing in the kitchen chopping up vegetables and mixing up mirepoix for a stew is the best way I've found to relax.  Even so, I've managed to stay somewhere south of obese, unlike the rest of my family.

...and hey, since we mentioned photography, that's one of my hobbies as well.  Wink

</end flood>

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #16 - 02/17/13 at 20:45:54

don't forget to watermark your art before someone lifts it.

WWW   IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #17 - 02/17/13 at 21:26:25

That's why I don't post many pics. And I love the reference to Escher.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
MiCTLaN

O_o

Winter Haven, FL
Reply #18 - 02/17/13 at 21:35:37

I've never been a fan of watermarks.  My stuff is all available on Flickr anyway, and I maintain copyright on most of my photos (some I licence Creative Commons so people can use them).  I've only had to hunt someone down once or twice for using an image commercially, most of the time people ask.

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #19 - 02/18/13 at 08:30:37

Age 40, born and raised in western WA. Now living on an old plantation in western TN (for the 2nd time), have lived in WA, MS, TN, Mexico and Spain. Jesuit educated, Eagle Scout, ex-Navy, ex-HAMC Nomad, ordained (pagan) clergy, reformed bootlegger.

Work background: zookeeper, logger, construction, bike shops, truck driver, hot rod shops. Currently in the credit card security compliance industry 1/2 time, farm the other 1/2 of my time.

Hobbies: Old bikes, old 4 wheeled vehicles, fishing, shooting, hiking, camping, racing (not for years but rebuilding an old flat track Honda), fossil hunting, on farm archaeology (our place has been a working farm since the 1790s), old building restoration, art nudes (photo or woodcarving)...

Currently low impact developing part of our 54 acres into a day use naturist facility (around our 2 acre pond). Repairing the docks, adding on to them, adding bbqs and fire rings, adding a sand volleyball court, adding a couple picnic shelters. All the improvements are being done (as close as we can afford to make them) farm wide, to western European standards.

You sure you wanted to know?

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #20 - 02/18/13 at 09:04:16

I am quite the opposite of yall two.. I have zero artistic ability.

Just turned 50 (2-15) been married for 25 years and worked for the state for 25 years.. different jobs but always with computers. Currently work here: http://www.umc.edu/

I was born in MS, and except for 7 years in Idaho, lived here all my live. We have two kids daughter now at ole Miss and son age 15 in public school. besides computers and my suzuki, my only other hobby is my Dan Wesson revolver which I bought new in 1986. I dont watch any sports, or hunt/fish/golf.. nothing. I do game on the computer in spurts, and like to build them. Oh and I have a 1965 tbird I want to get rid of. Just not a good enough mechanic for that car (nor deep enough pockets).  

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #21 - 02/18/13 at 09:32:49

I love that 2nd sunset picture, RD.

...and Mict, is that a Recaro I see?

I'll be on later to post. I'm out of time here at work.

--Steve

IP Logged
MiCTLaN

O_o

Winter Haven, FL
Reply #22 - 02/18/13 at 10:09:07

Paraquat wrote on 02/18/13 at 09:32:49:
...and Mict, is that a Recaro I see?

It's a "gaming chair", like this one... I probably should have moved it for the photo, it's received plenty of weird comments because of that ("Is that a woman in a burka?" being the most amusing).
http://www.weblogsinc.com/common/images/4979866987687309.jpg?0.1795253473936505

IP Logged
Sticks16
YaBB Newbies

Tampa, Florida
Reply #23 - 02/18/13 at 21:22:12

Good evening all,

My name is Jamey I'm 24 originally from NJ now living in FL. I can't see my history being as rich as most of y'all but we all have a story to tell  Tongue. I've been working since I can remember helping my father around his pool business, dock boy at a marina, cashier (couponsssss Noooo!) never again haha, dishwasher, a furniture store, restaurant, state job on parkway, post office on campus at college and now bartending. Needless to say I'm proud to say I'm not lazy and love working with my hands as most if not all of us do on here. I'm currently in the process of becoming a "Coastie" and couldn't be happier/more anxious to begin. My main hobby besides working on Savvy is music. I play the drums and have been for about 12 years. I've been in several no name bands but I have had the honor of playing with bigger acts of similar genres. It's amazing how much of an influence my father has been on my life. I play music because I saw him do it for so long as a kid and he's still at it today. I ride because I grew up riding with him. I remember Daytona and bike shows as a child and so the feeling I get when I ride is pure joy  Grin I'm happy to be part of this online community and have learned so much from so many of you already! My 96' Savvy is my second bike after an 84 Shadow vt700 and I must say this machine is FUN. Anyway.....Thanks for reading my rant.

0204131614.jpg

J-Bird
  IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #24 - 02/19/13 at 05:33:47

Have been a member here at Suzukisavage.com since 2003 when I got my motorcycle license and purchased my first LS650, a teal green '03. Have owned a few different motorcycles since then, including another LS, a pearl white '05 S40.
Am 50 yrs old, work in the Engineering field ... was married for 23 years until I found myself unexpectedly thrust into single-dom 3 years ago ... which I am still trying to sort out Sad ... Father to 2 lovely young ladies (22 & 23). Became a certified Motorcycle Instructor in 2008. Love everything about motorcycles! Also enjoy European beer and playing guitar. Met fellow Suzukisavage.com member Reelthing, of Houston, Texas back in '06 when him and his lovely wife vacationed here in Nfld. ... nice people!
Live a relatively quiet life ... sometimes too quiet ...

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Sticks16
YaBB Newbies

Tampa, Florida
Reply #25 - 02/19/13 at 19:22:07

We're all here if you ever want to chat Perry! Keep on ridin' !

J-Bird
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #26 - 02/20/13 at 03:17:03

Thanks guys for sharing, pretty interesting group. C'mon gang, a lot more post here, who are you?

I got more, just short on time right now.....

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
223fan
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Crawley   WV
Reply #27 - 02/20/13 at 14:33:14

I am 44,I have been married for 22 years have 2 children . I have been working with turkey's for 13 years , I have worked in a sawmill , junkyard , and pulled 4 years as one of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children. I like hunting, fishing, shooting , reloading and riding my S40.

IP Logged
Cavi Mike
Serious Thumper

Thumper n00b

Rochester, NY
Reply #28 - 02/21/13 at 14:11:08

A Toys-Я-Us kid with much cooler toys than when I was smaller.

IP Logged
rl153
Serious Thumper

S40 Just right!

Bloomfield,CT
Reply #29 - 02/21/13 at 14:24:21

My name is Robert, I'm 58, lived in CT all my life. I'm married for 34 years,1 cat. Had a bunch of jobs ,but presently working pt at a plumbers shop doing maintenance.Love the 2005 S40(5k mi),but i'm not quite as handy as some of you guys. Also ride bicycles, fool around on the computer, and do alot of maintenance on my 65 year old 1200 sq ft house. I love this forum, and have gotton alot help at times, and good advice.  Smiley

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 16:29:14

General CategoryThe Cafe › Who are you?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.