Who are you? (Read 723 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Who are you?
02/17/13 at 08:43:12

Just like ice cream, a whole bunch of flavors and ain't none of em' bad, I was wondering who everyone is....
I'd love to hear some of your background, kids, work, likes, etc..... sorta get a taste of just who all share our like of this bike. Nothing scientific you understand, just plain old curiosity and titillation  Grin

Anybody wanna up?

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Who are you?
Reply #1 - 02/17/13 at 09:31:23

maybe you should start?

WWW   IP Logged
gone fishing

Reply #2 - 02/17/13 at 09:56:47

gone fishing

« Last Edit: 02/26/13 at 14:45:31 by gone fishing »  

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #3 - 02/17/13 at 10:42:54

Starting up a dating service? Grin
Got a name for it too- Savage Mates. Roll Eyes

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #4 - 02/17/13 at 10:51:27

I'm a time traveler,.. currently living in 1961, awaiting my chance to prevent the assignation of President Kennedy...
Internet access is difficult here,.. tapping in through rotary phones... but I manage...
Traffic is much less, and gas is dirt cheap,.. so riding is great...

Nice song,... the Who?...  I think I'll buy their first album, when it comes out...
I can't wait to taste McDonalds french fries... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #5 - 02/17/13 at 11:52:08

Fine....I never pass an open mike without availing myself  Kiss

Since I am rather long winded, I will have to reply in installments, as it (this open window/domain) appears to close/shut before I can reply/post in total....

Who I is.....

I have 4 kids, one wife, who I credit in total for reaching the age of 60. If I had been left to my own accord I believe my demise whould have precceded the post, years, if not decades ago. So, blame her!

We were both natives of the state of California, having been raised in its sothern parts, we left a wee over a decade ago to land on Whidbey Island, Washington.
We found our beach hideaway and moved in.....

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #6 - 02/17/13 at 12:22:40

Well my wife is an artist  http://www.etsy.com/shop/deniseannette  which led me to a like....
She thrust a digital camera into my hands with the orders to learn or starve...
Now I am not given to study, no, but I love to eat, so I learnt it, and came to found I love photography, taking landscapes, seascapes, etc where I live.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #7 - 02/17/13 at 14:10:23

More?

IP Logged
rl153
Serious Thumper

S40 Just right!

Bloomfield,CT
Reply #8 - 02/17/13 at 14:42:08

awesome pictures

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #9 - 02/17/13 at 15:24:08

rl153 wrote on 02/17/13 at 14:42:08:
awesome pictures

Thanks....I'll take that as a yes, yes?

I like to garden too, had a very big one the first year up but the deer ate me up good. Reduced it to deer free foliage to the most part, flowers!

And guess what, I like taking them too  Roll Eyes

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #10 - 02/17/13 at 15:50:29

Those pictures are professional quality. Why is the second one blurred?

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #11 - 02/17/13 at 16:22:58

arteacher wrote on 02/17/13 at 15:50:29:
Those pictures are professional quality. Why is the second one blurred?

I edit some of them to give a different feel/perspective......

Some seascapes perhaps?  

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #12 - 02/17/13 at 16:38:12

OK- you asked for it: I was born in 1949 in London Ontario, where I now live. I am an only child as my mother was born with a quarter sized hole between the two atria of her heart and had 6 miscarriages before she had me, after spending her entire pregnancy bed-ridden. She was very artistic, and painted and did ceramics, as much as she could. My father was a mechanical engineer, who at one time had the largest (hanger) doors in the world on his resume. His father was a commercial artist. The only surviving art of his still in use is the Schneider's girl, which the meat packing co. still uses. My parents were so worried about spoiling an only child that they went too far to the other side of the spectrum, and I had to earn, one way or another, everything I got.
I have had so many jobs that I can't remember them all, but my faves were: draughtsman,, Professional commercial photographer, and teaching, which I still do. I was a cub leader for 4 years.
We live in a small condo (paid for) in a middle class neighbourhood. I have two sons, 34 and 40. The 40 year old has 2 sons, 7 and 5. They are the light of my life. The older son lives in London, the younger in Whitehorse YT.
My wife and I met at the wedding of our first cousins, and were married 3 years later, in 1973. Since 1982 she has been stricken with Multiple Sclerosis, and is now in a wheelchair most of the time. I do all the cooking and cleaning. I am hesitant to leave her alone overnight, so my riding is day trips only.
My health is not so hot- I am diabetic (poorly controlled at the present, but working on it) and have congestive heart failure, recently diagnosed.
My wife and I like to watch movies, and I have a decent home theater, and a really good stereo, some nice camera equipment which I don't use as often as I would like, and a 2008 Scion xB souped up some.
I make wine too.
That's me, in a nutshell. Smiley
EDIT, 2/23/2013: I forgot about my bikes! In 1965 I bought a '37 Royal Enfield 500 from a neighbour , fixed it up and drove it 'till I needed money for college in '69. Met and married my wife, who had a Suzuki step-through, which we ran into the ground in about 5 years. Next was a Honda 750 four '80 vintage, which I kept for 5 years till I went back to school. Then the S40, reprising my big single roots.

« Last Edit: 02/22/13 at 22:22:52 by arteacher »  

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #13 - 02/17/13 at 17:06:01

My goodness, your plate is full indeed. I appreciate your reply, as well as your candor, and the apparent strength you have at accepting life as its dealt!  

This "snap shot" i quickly grabbed out in my backyard (need to weed a wee bit eh?) as a sun ray found its way through the tangles.

Not much on composition I admit, I like it because to me it represents how even in the disarray of life, the light of hope never need be extinguished, if we keep the right attitude about us.

I hope you like it too!

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #14 - 02/17/13 at 20:12:05

Trees are very hard to compose around, as they all have a strong graphic element that leads your eye out of the picture. The way around this is to have a very strong center of interest that pulls your eye back into the picture. Just my 2 cents. I just remembered: we got rid of the penny up here, so I guess it's my 5 cents now.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 16:46:00

General CategoryThe Cafe › Who are you?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.