Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
What The Media Is Not Telling You (Read 303 times)
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Re: What The Media Is Not Telling You
Reply #15 - 01/23/13 at 13:52:29

"Really? What about POssee Commitatus?"

So what about it?

The Posse Comitatus Act is the United States federal law (18 U.S.C. § 1385, original at 20 Stat. 152) that was passed on June 18, 1878, after the end of Reconstruction and was updated in 1981. Its intent (in concert with the Insurrection Act of 1807) was to limit the powers of Federal government in using federal military personnel to enforce the State laws.

The Act, § 15 of the appropriations bill for the Army for 1879, found at 20 Stat. 152, was a response to, and subsequent prohibition of, the military occupation by U.S. Army troops of the former Confederate States during the ten years of Reconstruction (1867–1877) following the American Civil War (1861–1865). The U.S. withdrew federal troops from Southern states as a result of a compromise in 1876.

Surely you're running low on "Boogy Men" by now...Such paranoia.

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #16 - 01/23/13 at 18:11:07

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 01/23/13 at 12:10:25:
Really? What about POssee Commitatus?

& didnt the C say the Military was to be Raised for war, not always kept?

& DO explain how
The Right of the People to Keep & Bear Arms is dissolved somewhere,

The second amendment says in times of peace military is too $$$ and whatever ... so we need a armed militia to fight off an armed invasion. So dont cling to the second amendment as a reason you need to be armed. Its not for national defense ... its for you shooting yourself or your neighbor.

An armed invasion ... really ... if any of em make it across the atlantic ... I think we can worry about fighting them then.

BTW @ the time it was written, canada and the british were a threat.
Now canada is the 51st state, and falls in line behind washington better than California or most of the west coast.

Read the whole second amendment. I have ... in fact webster posted it pretty recently.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #17 - 01/27/13 at 10:55:56

Ive read it, I understand it. I understand the commerce clause, too,
That you Believe you understand something doesnt impress me. I knew the NDAA applied to The People long before the rest of you did. I knew what Nafta would do before it was made law. If you didnt see NDAA applied to US & if you didnt see what Nafta would do ( you mite be too young) then, well,, People who didnt read NDAA & "Get It" should have enough class to limit their opinions until someone like me tells them what to think..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #18 - 01/27/13 at 11:27:48

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 01/27/13 at 10:55:56:
Ive read it, I understand it. I understand the commerce clause, too,
That you Believe you understand something doesnt impress me. I knew the NDAA applied to The People long before the rest of you did. I knew what Nafta would do before it was made law. If you didnt see NDAA applied to US & if you didnt see what Nafta would do ( you mite be too young) then, well,, People who didnt read NDAA & "Get It" should have enough class to limit their opinions until someone like me tells them what to think..

But see JOG - its very obvious that you are biased. Much like Ann Coulther ... very smart articulate but biased.
Its like asking Ellen Degenerate if you should be Ghey. You'll get a whole lot of ramble ramble ... all of it very biased.

NAFTA was always viewed very unfavorably by a lot of people, that you didn't like it dont make you some sort of elusive genius. However trade barriers were never going to work, nafta just prefers to drop the barrier to our neighbors first. Now Nafta is mainly used to dump US subsidised grain surplus onto mexico, and the jobs which went to mexico have long gone to china. It hurt US from 1995 - 2003-2004, past which its hurting mexico. Its a switcheroo we've pulled on them. But in the first few years, Nafta was considered bad for unions, bad for nearly every aspect of american business.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #19 - 01/30/13 at 05:31:33

I live in amazement at people who would ARGUE for their chains. Fine, be slaves..,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #20 - 01/30/13 at 16:28:23

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 01/30/13 at 05:31:33:
I live in amazement at people who would ARGUE for their chains. Fine, be slaves..,

Yea so you say ...

The industrial complexes of the world have taken away your freedom, your money and your health and everything else. You already are in chains.
You'd be armed and in chains if the gun industrial complex had its way.
You'd be in debt and in chains if the financial lobby had its way.
You'd be drugged and in chains if the pharmaceutical lobby had its way.
You'd be unhealthy and in chains if the food industry had its way ...

You're complaining about the chains of the govt, the rest have done that and more.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #21 - 01/30/13 at 16:47:57

What I mean is - in terms you'd understand.

You want the freedom to eat GMO corn without government intervention.
I want the govt to intervene and regulate them so that they have to write on the box "GMO corn".

OK that makes sense.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #22 - 01/30/13 at 17:40:42

The goobs make it impossible for me to NOT eat GMO corn. Youre so messed up in the head, its impossible to talk to you..

I could sit & have a beer with so many here, but you? Nope,,

I wish you could have your place & the government of your choice & I could have mine. The people where I lived would prosper & be free & have the power to halt the corporations. Your people would die,enslaved

IP Logged
houstonbofh

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, TX
Reply #23 - 01/30/13 at 19:21:16

srinath wrote on 01/30/13 at 16:47:57:
I want the govt to intervene and regulate them so that they have to write on the box "GMO corn".

Oh CRAP!  I just agreed with something srinath said!  Something is seriously wrong here!  Perhaps I just misunderstood it...  Wink

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #24 - 01/31/13 at 11:38:48

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 01/30/13 at 17:40:42:
The goobs make it impossible for me to NOT eat GMO corn. Youre so messed up in the head, its impossible to talk to you..

I could sit & have a beer with so many here, but you? Nope,,

I wish you could have your place & the government of your choice & I could have mine. The people where I lived would prosper & be free & have the power to halt the corporations. Your people would die,enslaved

You see if the govt made it mandatory to label GMO as GMO ... there will be a few companies who decide to charge you more for non GMO.

Then you have spent more, but you have your corn as non GMO - JOG.

Like I said ... big corps have taken your $$$, your freedom and your health (in case of the GMO corn) ... the govt could give 1 of those back to you.

Only a fool takes the side of Corporation over Govt.
We need govt to rein in corporations. Corporations need to do as the people want.

We will rein in govt after that.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #25 - 01/31/13 at 11:42:49

houstonbofh wrote on 01/30/13 at 19:21:16:
srinath wrote on 01/30/13 at 16:47:57:

Oh CRAP!  I just agreed with something srinath said!  Something is seriously wrong here!  Perhaps I just misunderstood it...  Wink

Hey I am just repeating one of the greatest thinkers of our time and you're just agreeing with it ...
John McCain once said "The scariest sentence in the english language is `I'm here from a big corporation and I'm here to help you`" ...

OK OK He may have said Govt ... but it works better this way ... it sounds better with govt but more true with Big corporation.

BTW big corporations are awful in every country. Not just in the US. Even countries with a very loved govt has evil corporations.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #26 - 01/31/13 at 16:53:31

We are now the "United Corporations of America."

Yeah, get the "goobs" out of our lives. Get em' out of the meat inspection business, disband the EPA, there's nothing like the smell of smog in the morning. Pure food & drug administration? Screw em'.  We trust that the pharmaceutical companies know what's good for us. Air traffic control? Who needs it, disband the FAA.

Libertarians? disband the fire dept. everybody buy a hose. Police dept.? everyone buy a gun. This will truly set us free.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #27 - 02/01/13 at 11:23:59

You use strawmen to hate thru. PISS on you. YOu have no idea what Libertarian IS.

IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #28 - 02/01/13 at 11:45:58

"PISS on you."

...wrong side of the bed this morning JOG? Roll Eyes

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #29 - 02/03/13 at 16:19:44

The 2nd ammendment is to protect us from tyranny. Assault rifles have been outlawed for many many years and wisely so. Whats out there now are video game look alike guns. The only thing different about them and hunting rifles are the magazines. I could see where a rancher or a varmint shooter out west might want a large magazine. If you live in a bad neighborhood you could use a large magazine. Telling me I cant own a cetain type of semi automatic rifle is tyranny.Telling me I cant have a large magazine or a pistol grip on my rifle is tyranny. You cant outlaw evil or mental ilness. We have guns to protect us from it and rightfully so. Every now and then some punk is gonna go batsh!t crazy and kill people. Taking away our guns will only make it worse. We'll have no protection.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 00:28:21

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › What The Media Is Not Telling You

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.