Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 18
Send Topic Print
Associated Press: 27 Dead, 20 Are Children. (Read 1880 times)
LostArtist
Ex Member

Re: Associated Press: 27 Dead, 20 Are Children.
Reply #90 - 12/17/12 at 21:32:27

Paraquat wrote on 12/17/12 at 17:36:14:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2_qo5_wSa8

1 minute 33 seconds in.
In the same amount of time as a trigger pull for most people these cats have already reloaded.
So let's pretend those are 10 round mags instead of 30 round mags.
What did you accomplish? Do you feel better about yourself?

--Steve

okay, I'm all for the second amendment and pro gun this and that, hell I think if you want a tank you should be able to buy one, but let's not pretend that guns don't make killing easier, that is their intended purpose, I know I know, in china some crazy stabbed like 20 kids or something too http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2012/12/14/china-school-stabbings/17...

and yes, crazies will be crazies and will find a way to cause their destruction and death if they are true believers and really motivated, but let's not forget guns make killing easier, that's what they are for.

there have been a time or two when if I had access to a gun I wouldn't be here today, I would have ended me. I personally don't enjoy guns, but I understand they should not be outlawed or anything

IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #91 - 12/17/12 at 21:38:19

Well, so now some of you righties are wringing your hands in angst over this latest tragedy and shaking your heads over the lack of mental health care in this country..conceder this:

When Reagan became governor of California, CA had an extensive mental hospital system where the mentally ill got good care. Reagan pulled the funding from that, and threw the mental patients out into the streets. When he attained the Presidency this deficient style of budget priority infused the entire Republican party, and it has left the nation a shambles. We now live the result of decades of underfunded social systems surrounded by under-educated, paranoid wingnuts convinced that they are far safer if everyone owns powerful semi-auto guns with 30 round clips.

Reagan emptied the mental hospitals in ALL the states with some term like community care. That was about the time disabled, mentally ill vets began turning up on street corners and it has only gotten worse. This is Ronald Reagan's America.

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #92 - 12/18/12 at 00:22:44

On 16 December, mpescatori wrote:
"When my son was 6 I had to wrestle off his cold fingers the CDROM to "Grand Theft Auto" and prove him, playing the game, what he was actually doing, was rehearsing and practicing to be a robber, hijacker and fiend. An assassin and cop-killer."

On 17 December, Retread wrote:
"We worship war, we [...] have an abundance of violent video games that mimick war, killing, decapitation, and all out apocalypse.. Children are trained killers, we all have access to weapons capable of killing in mass quanity."

On 17 December, Gyrobob wrote
"I thought it almost funny how pescatori made comments about mussolini, hitler, franco, and castro,...  all of whom made gun control an immediate national law as soon as they took power.  They knew full well they needed a disarmed citizenry in order to kill citizens whenever they needed to."

On 17 December, mpescatori wrote:
"Hitler, Mussolini et al did not outlaw guns to kill off thier kind, in fact, they didn't ban anything at all; for your inforation, Gyrobob, there were possibly more (hand)guns in fascist Italy than in liberal England at the time, and they did come in handy once the Resistance started in 1943."

On 17 December, Gyrobob wrote:
""Gun control" is not the answer.  Hitler had gun control..."

On 17 December, Verslagen wrote:
"A bigger issue which needs to be addressed is the availability of weapons to a lunatic.  I have to have a trigger lock or secured place for all weapons.  Why weren't her weapons secured?  Why are weapons in the homes of lunatics?  They do background checks, who assesses the family or home in which the weapons will be stored?"

On 16 december, mpescatori wrote:
"Anywhere in Europe, if you have a mentally ill living inhouse, you CANNOT have guns. So much for so much."

On 18 December, Starlifter wrote:
"We now live the result of decades of underfunded social systems surrounded by under-educated, paranoid wingnuts convinced that they are far safer if everyone owns powerful semi-auto guns with 30 round clips."

On 16 December, mpescatori wrote:
"I'd love to ride the US coast-to-coast, riding solo. I'd absolutely, positively love it. It scares me to death to think that I can fall victing of a roadside shooting simply because I split lanes or stopped at the lights when turning right, or talked back at the angry white 300 lb. mama on a pickup when she flips me the one-fingered salute."

On 17 December, mpescatori wrote:
"Do you see gun racks in pickups in downtown Averageville?"

On 18 December, Starlifter wrote:
"We now live the result of decades of underfunded social systems surrounded by under-educated, paranoid wingnuts convinced that they are far safer if everyone owns powerful semi-auto guns with 30 round clips."

On 16 December, Webstermark wrote:
"I was in your Italian town of Bergamo (home of the Lord’s Supper) for 2 days and walked around everywhere. I never one time felt fear no matter where I went. Other than not finding a lot of people who spoke English [...] I had a great time. "

OK, these quotes are not intended to mean Europe is better than the USA nor that strict gun control lessens murders, wackos are wackos anywhere, regardless.
These quotes are intended to mean that there is an inherent public perception - by you all, not by me - that the gun laws are much too permissive.
Personally speaking, a 30-round clip in an assault rifle for "domestic defense" is just as justified as a 500hp V8 engine in a soccer mom's family runabout.
Too much without any justification.

I stress my point, if you simply TEST the regulations which apply to motor vehicles to gun ownership and gun use, you'd have an extremely liberal situation BUT your local Sheriff would know exactly what is in everybody's house when rushing to a call.

One thing is rushing to a 911 call where there is no gun in the house; or maybe there is one handgun reasonably proportioned to domestic defense.
But when the Deputy hears the house stocks assault rifles and shotguns of all sorts and sizes... that homeowner is of a different kind altogether.

"Shoot first, them ask questions" once applied to the US Cavalry when hunting down "terrorist" Geronimo (who, from his own point of view, was simply fighting for his own Country).
"Shoot first, then ask questions" in home defense equates to charges of Murder One, and you'll need a hell of a good lawyer to get it downgraded to Manslaughter.

"Trespassers will be shot" cannot apply in a civilized country.
"Preemptiove defense" is called "vaccination" in medicine, but the Criminal Code of Laws has other names for it.

The the International Court in The Hague has sentenced, more than once, that Nations cannot appeal to "Preemptive Defense" for anything other than defense within their own national territory or airspace/national waters.

As for myself, I dream of riding around the world on my Savage (the BMW is much too heavy and looks much too "rich and expensive").
I have read many many books written by those who have done it, in all or in part, and have come to the conclusion the world WAS a much more peaceful place way back in the 1950-60s...
Roll Eyes
Actually, it was at its most peaceful in the 1920s... Undecided

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #93 - 12/18/12 at 01:54:52

The problem is new gun laws will be just as effective as speed limit laws. You might catch one now and then but there's nothing to stop me from walking across the street and buying a gun from my neighbor that he bought from his cousin 15 yrs ago. How many people are treated for mental illness in this country? If the truth was known probably less than 1% of the people who are actually mentally ill. Laws sound good and make politicians look good but they only work when they can be enforced.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #94 - 12/18/12 at 05:41:57

Could this be a red flag right there as to 'your' state of mind? How can we know what a person is thinking? Or how their thought-processes may vary from "normal", whatever normal is construed as these days.

here is one problem with yet more gun laws. People like our friend Star here would be the ones making the 'rules' the rest of us have to follow.
He doesn't like what someone said so all of a sudden he's 'questionable'; not 'normal'?

I saw this yesterday in airport screening line. Some bitchy woman in front of me had to have her bag sent back through the x-ray for some stupid reason and she said out loud "WTF" and "This is BS" etc...
The TSA lady made a big deal out of it, took her name and noted the time etc....     I think someone can say wtf if they want to. Now she's labeled by the TSA. Yea, she was an annoying and bitchy woman, but last I checked, we're free to be annoying and bitchy if we want.

Do I want the same Congreesman and Senators who are too freaking stupid that they can't kept from bankrupting the nation to pass yet more laws telling me what I can and can't do? What I can and can't own?
No thanks.

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #95 - 12/18/12 at 06:12:49

Serowbot wrote on 12/17/12 at 21:12:47:
Nice,.. gun manufactures and the NRA should sponsor these massacres...
It's good for business...

... and now,.. the next one will come sooner... Huh...

War is good for business.

There's a tactical training group I'm on a mailing list for. They run specials on firearm packages (rifles with mags), DVDs, parts, etc.
He was sending one email a week trying to push a new promotional rifle for the past month. He couldn't give them away. Some fancy piece of hardware that I wasn't about to drop 2 grand on.

Yesterday his email said he was sold out.

--Steve

IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #96 - 12/18/12 at 06:28:05

Star -

I believe the movement to empty to mental institutions was not a California only issue, but a national one.  Didn't Congress pass some sort of "mental patients' bill of rights", or something like that, back in the late 1970s?  I think so, but don't have the time today to research it.

I know that the same thing happened here in Ohio as in California, and last I looked, Reagan was never governor of Ohio.  Ohio closed several mental hospitals at the time, mainly because many were very old, and were probably more like prisons than like hospitals.  Some of the patients went to semi-controlled living in half way houses, while many others were simply turned loose.  I remember that distinctly because of some of the zoning fights before our city council relating to where to site those half way houses.

It was the politically correct thing to do at the time, when the basic thought was that these people aren't criminals, so the vast majority of them ought not to be locked up without a history of having been physically dangerous in the past to themselves or to others.  Only a very few who had the potential for future danger were kept in "custody".  Of course, this can be a slippert slope too - we can't lock people up on mere suspicion that they could be dangerous, or probably about half of us would meet that criteria.

But where is the answer?  Wiser folks than I probably have that answer.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
Retread

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #97 - 12/18/12 at 07:16:59

What we are going to see is a assault weapons ban again, background checks for all including private gun sales. How they will enforce this I don't know, maybe you have to have a clearance attached to the gun?

Used to look like a Greek God, now I look like a darned Greek!
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #98 - 12/18/12 at 09:14:16

Serowbot wrote on 12/17/12 at 21:12:47:
Nice,.. gun manufactures and the NRA should sponsor these massacres...
It's good for business...

... and now,.. the next one will come sooner... Huh...

Oh yea, any of these news items that get on TV or radio should have to be precedded by "This following news item has been made possible by Smith and wesson and backed by the NRA"

Today in yourtown 35 people were massacred at your grocery store while they were shopping ... Blah blah blah

The NRA and smith and wesson approved this message. Would be too true and hence never get off the ground.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #99 - 12/18/12 at 16:30:57

It's much more vast than just the level of civility between the USA and Canada, or the USA and Europe. We're going on 3 generations of people who were never taught how to advance themselves beyond the level of a 10 or 12 year old. Mental health problems or not. There is a distinct lack of common sense, common decency, common courtesy, respect and manners in the USA. There is a serious lack of personal accountability. It starts in the home, progresses through the school system, and infests every aspect our lives. Work, going to the store, going out to eat (since when do males wear hats at the table, talk with their mouths full, swear at the wait staff...), fueling up the vehicle of the day... Road rage, parking lot rage, attacking some minimum wage employee because your fast food order got messed up...

Didn't see ANY of those behaviors when I was stationed in Europe. Except where there were lots of younger Americans.

You want to fix the problems? Start teaching people how to be responsible adults again.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #100 - 12/18/12 at 17:19:10

I have a friend that wanted to start his own religion,... "The Church of Just Be Nice"...
That was the only rule,.. the only sermon,.. the only words in the bible...
Any choice in life and the one rule should be considered... Which is the nicer thing to do?...
... it also came printed on T-shirts, bumper stickers, and refrigerator magnets....
Follow that one rule,.. and you'll go to a good place, and be remembered fondly when your gone...

I think I'm gonna' grow my hair long as Jesus and go for it...
Maybe do an infomercial... Huh...
Maybe change my name to Serowbus?...  Huh...
...maybe not,.. sounds like a mean three-headed dog... or something the Partridge family would drive around in...  Undecided...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #101 - 12/18/12 at 23:11:44

Our lousy health care system not only is reponsible for the life of the sick person, it takes innocent lives as well. Maybe comprehensive phychological testing should be required in high school.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #102 - 12/18/12 at 23:31:32

Has technology rendered the 2nd Amendment to the US Constitution obsolete?

Yes.

Has the application of modern military design to civilian firearms produced a class of weapons too dangerous to be in general circulation?

Yes.

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
Drifter

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #103 - 12/19/12 at 04:52:35

WD, i agree 100% Most of the aholes i have seen around the world in recent times have been Americans or jews....i have confronted a few and told them you are the face of our country stop being an ass. Who knows if they learned anything?  

We have a society problem in the US for many reasons, i believe most of which is caused by non stop violence in games tv school yards etc the war culture dominates our way of thinking anymore....in every darn thing. Being nice and getting along.....hell thats not cool i would rather cause some sheet drama is in man.......Rant over! Sad

Ride a motorcycle in florida and you will know for a fact that what WD said  is 100% true total rude self centered stressed out could care less  asholes texting non stop truckers included....i am losing my desire to ride instinct and staying alive is winning out. I avoid traffic and go for the 2 lane county roads.  Smiley

IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #104 - 12/19/12 at 05:01:44

There is certainly no one cause of the decline, nor probably 2 or 3 causes.  But I focus on just one of them, again saying it's not the only one.

My beef is the violent computer games.  Anyone who knows anything about mentally imbalanced people knows that they often retreat into a world of their own, blocking out perceptions and realities of the real world around them.

When Adam Lanza stayed in his home, playing these horrible games all day, on multiple computers in two adjoining bedrooms, couldn't he very easily be retreating into a world of that creation - violence, killing, and the glorification of just plain gore?

Plus, computers and graphics, especially at the high end, can be so realistic that to a mind maybe just in the beginning stages of becoming warped, they become his reality.  It's then just a very short step from that reality to exercising the same actions toward real people.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 18
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/19/24 at 21:13:23

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Associated Press: 27 Dead, 20 Are Children.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.