Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 18
Send Topic Print
Associated Press: 27 Dead, 20 Are Children. (Read 1880 times)
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Associated Press: 27 Dead, 20 Are Children.
Reply #75 - 12/17/12 at 13:17:00

I say, by definition, you're crazy if you go out and shoot a bunch of people...
... but, it's also pretty crazy to buy a 50 or 100 magazine for a weapon...

I think a 5 shot limit on high power weapons,.. 11 shot for hanguns,...
would be reasonable...

I know I'll get blasted for that one...  Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #76 - 12/17/12 at 14:52:41

Serowbot wrote on 12/17/12 at 13:17:00:
I say, by definition, you're crazy if you go out and shoot a bunch of people...
... but, it's also pretty crazy to buy a 50 or 100 magazine for a weapon...

I think a 5 shot limit on high power weapons,.. 11 shot for hanguns,...
would be reasonable...

I know I'll get blasted for that one...  Grin...

And well you should.  

Magazine capacity has very little to do with it.  You are in no more or less danger if my Mini-14 has a 5 round mag or a 30 round mag.   Making silly laws like that only bother the folks who would not do anything wrong in the first place, and they have no effect on those who want to go crazy and kill people.

It is a problem libs have had all through history, especially with guns.  They think writing lots of laws for weapons that will only be obeyed by good citizens will make things better.  They have always been wrong about that.  Making a law like, say, the stupid one about shotgun barrel length having to be a minimum of 18" will have absolutely no effect on a bad guy who wants to do something nasty with a shotgun.  

The only laws that have any effect on bad guys are laws that make it REALLY awful for them if they use a gun in the commission of a felony,.. and even those laws aren't very effective.

Telling me I can't have a large magazine on my Mini-14 will have absolutely no effect on human misery at all, except for pissing me off.

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #77 - 12/17/12 at 16:00:51

How many round mag should a 6 year old be allowed?

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #78 - 12/17/12 at 16:29:13

Jerry Eichenberger wrote on 12/17/12 at 12:34:20:
Midnight -

Sorry, that was really meant for JOG if he's still reading posts.  I fear for him - I think he has gotten so into every single little thing being the product of some vast conspiracy and underhanded or secret action that he has lost a realistic perspective.

Have I ever noted a tinge of those feelings in some of your posts?

I believe in a lot of things that Jog brought up, the Fed Reserve being # 1. Ron Paul finally got the approval for a half a$$ audit and it was discovered the Fed Reserve gave away 19 Trillion behind our backs and the audit was shut dow. Billions were given to the banks that were already bailed out behind our backs. The results of the audit were printed in all the reputable newspapers. It happened while the election and the debates were wide open. I thought it was strange neither canditate mentioned it. 19 Trillion is 2 trillion more than our national debt and no one seems to be bothered that 19 trillion was printed and given away behind our backs, some of it to our enemies and known terrorist organisations. I backed Jog 110% on that one. JFK tried to shut the Fed. Reserve down with the silver certificate and 4 mos. later he was dead. One of our heroes Charles Lindberg tried to shut the Fed. Reserve down and his child dissapeared. I believe there are secret organisations at work promoting a one goverment planet. Listen to Kennedys secret organisation speech on You Tube. Historians say that is the speech that killed him. He was going to expose secret societys and weeks later he was dead. I believe these secret organisations will stop at nothing to achieve their goal of a one world goverment.. They have all the money they need, the Fed Reserve makes sure of that. My wife was ordered to pick up some of Bin Ladens family and have them flown out of the country hrs. after 911. Like Jog said, its all right here in front of you, all you have to do is look. I might have 6 or seven bottled waters at my house, we use a Brita canister for drinking water. Have a few guns, most of them are hunting arms, no assault weapons.. My wife was given her firearms when she retired. I'm not a survivalist. Jog took it further than I'm willing to take it, not all but a large percentage of what he saw and provided credible links to I believe. I know what I see and read and the evidence is everywhere something is going on behind our backs. Google Federal Reserve Audit. Look at the reputable links. After you do that if you think I'm crazy thats your right. If it makes you feel better I use to despise lawyers LOL, now I despise bankers. There's never been a corrupt lawyer that can cause one millioneth the damage the bankers are now doing. They love war and chaos. There's money to be made there. They have the goverment in their back pockets.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #79 - 12/17/12 at 16:30:06

bill67 wrote on 12/17/12 at 16:00:51:

Bill I've missed you, glad you're back!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #80 - 12/17/12 at 16:49:20

Yes, Hi Bill, so glad to see you back....LOVE the wit in your posts.  Cheesy

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #81 - 12/17/12 at 17:06:19

One big question is how can "crazy" people who are a threat to society be identified. Out of the thousands who show some type of antisocial abberant behavior there might be one who will actually act out the anger found inside. Most of the time they are on the edge of society without a good paying job (poor health care) and have developed a paranoid outlook. I've a sibling who is bipolar and everything bad that occurs in life is caused not by them but by someone else trying to destroy thier life. Just asking someone that close to the edge of insanity to go get help can push them over the edge. I've seen it happen more than once. The path most families take in situations like the one I've experienced is to try to cushion the "crazy" from exposure to whatever will trigger the fall from reality. Once again you have ended up not providing proper care when needed. The problem with society is sysmatic, the falt falls not just with the family of the "crazy" but the entire support structure offered to people on the edge. I don't have any answers as to how to cure the problems of society. I do agree with Jerry that the fabric of our society is starting to tear.  
 To anybody who takes offense to the term "crazy" I am sorry that I must use that word but I know of no other that gets the idea across.
 Gun control isn't the answer, I visited the local gun store over the weekend and was amazed at how many fire arms were being purchased. My ears are still ringing with the sound of shotguns being racked. The cat is out of the bag and no one know how to put it back in.
 Just needed to chime in on this one.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #82 - 12/17/12 at 17:10:59

bill67 wrote on 12/17/12 at 16:00:51:

I gotta' go with 6 rounds, Bill...  somehow just sounds right...

Nice to hear from ya', Bill...  Wink...

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #83 - 12/17/12 at 17:15:56

Gyrobob wrote on 12/17/12 at 14:52:41:
Magazine capacity has very little to do with it.  You are in no more or less danger if my Mini-14 has a 5 round mag or a 30 round mag.

This twit killed 28 people,..  Aurora shooter killed 12 and wounded 58...
You think you could do that with a 5 shooter?..

Is your right to have a 100 mag worth those lives?...  
Go tell that to the parents in New Town...

IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #84 - 12/17/12 at 17:30:01

"Telling me I can't have a large magazine on my Mini-14 will have absolutely no effect on human misery at all, except for pissing me off."  

So, asking you to comply with a reasonable firearms law "Pisses you off"?

Could this be a red flag right there as to 'your' state of mind? How can we know what a person is thinking? Or how their thought-processes may vary from "normal", whatever normal is construed as these days.

May I ask why you are so angry over something as reasonable as a slightly less capacity magazine? Exactly why is it so critical to have such massive firepower?...I'm sure your not um...planning something. I doubt you hunt elephants down there, so please explain this magazine issue you have.

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #85 - 12/17/12 at 17:36:14

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2_qo5_wSa8

1 minute 33 seconds in.
In the same amount of time as a trigger pull for most people these cats have already reloaded.
So let's pretend those are 10 round mags instead of 30 round mags.
What did you accomplish? Do you feel better about yourself?

--Steve

IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #86 - 12/17/12 at 17:41:21

"I was expecting starry and pescatori to chime in with the "guns are evil, they kill kids" mantra.  Standard, baseless, liberal screed."Gyro

And I expected the "gun nuts" to rush in like a trained army of sh!t throwing monkeys to combat any reasonable dialog.

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #87 - 12/17/12 at 18:21:07

Personally, although I used to belong to a shooting club, I don't like guns. I never allowed either of my kids to have toy guns, and my grandsons don't have any as well. My father had a WWII US army .45, and a beautiful Savage pump action .22 that my mom gave him as a wedding present. He gave them both up on the first "give us your guns, no questions asked" program  of the Canadian government.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Retread

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #88 - 12/17/12 at 21:08:29

Just Monday in Colorado over 4800 background checks for guns were run. All this talk of gun control is good for the gun industry, and I can bet that of that 4800, most were for assault weapons, with large clips...

Used to look like a Greek God, now I look like a darned Greek!
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #89 - 12/17/12 at 21:12:47

Nice,.. gun manufactures and the NRA should sponsor these massacres...
It's good for business...

... and now,.. the next one will come sooner... Huh...

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 18
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/19/24 at 14:56:41

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Associated Press: 27 Dead, 20 Are Children.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.