Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 18
Send Topic Print
Associated Press: 27 Dead, 20 Are Children. (Read 1880 times)
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Re: Associated Press: 27 Dead, 20 Are Children.
Reply #60 - 12/17/12 at 08:37:23

I think mental health issues aren't just the main cause of these massacres, they are virtually the sole cause.  At the risk of repetition, we have to, as fellow citizens, dp something positive when we see ill people in our midst.  They need help, but won't/can't go get it themselves.  They don't perceive their own issues as anything wrong with them.

Personally, I think that paranoia is real, especially among the conspiracy nuts, preppers, and other folks who practice or demonstrate such bizzare attitudes and behavior.  They are not normal - their perceptions of the world and others around them are warped.  They need immediate help before they slip deeper into real mental illness.

Everyone who turns a blind eye toward someone in trouble bears some responsibility.

I remember a couple of decades ago when the PC crowd advanced the notion that many people in mental institutions were wrongfully held, weren't dangerous, and ought to be released to some sort of semi-controlled, but mostly free environment.  This has only gotten more so in recent years.

I'm certainly not saying that we round up and institutionalize every person who may be a little odd, but there is a dividing line between being a little odd and slipping into mental illness.  Once that line is crossed, the ill need treatment, most often in a very controlled environment.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #61 - 12/17/12 at 08:42:23

The worst school massacre we ever had was in 1927 in Michigan.  44 children and adults died.  No guns were involved.

The big diff here is that we now have ratings-obsessed media fanning the flames for all they are worth.

"Gun control" is not the answer.  Hitler had gun control.  Castro has gun control.  In both those cases the plan was (is) for the citizenry to be defenseless against the state.  The one constant in the US is that anytime guns are harder to own for law-abiders, the crime rate goes up.  Anytime restrictions on law-abiders go down, the crime rate goes down.  As R Lee Armey says, "Disarming innocent people does not protect innocent people."

Making baseless assertions about posts being offensive might in itself be rather offensive, don't you think?   Wink

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #62 - 12/17/12 at 08:49:15

The libs are going crazy with their "assault rifle" gibberish again, as well.

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
Demin
Serious Thumper

We need more
chlorine in the gene
pool

Warren,Ohio
Reply #63 - 12/17/12 at 09:16:22

Read this.What is the difference between a gun and a vehicle?He heard voices.They were following him.......
Maybe this will come up.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/03/david-mark-clark-bike-rampage-insani...

He didn't kill anybody just injured some.They cyclists got lucky.

Next project:finish '87 Savage custom/bobber/CHOP STYLE***DONE
finish '77 Yamaha XS650 bobber Bought another one
finish'79 Harley custom bobber(NEXT)
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #64 - 12/17/12 at 09:16:29

Gyrobob wrote on 12/17/12 at 08:42:23:
"Gun control" is not the answer.  Hitler had gun control.  Castro has gun control.  In both those cases the plan was (is) for the citizenry to be defenseless against the state.

.. and Hitler liked dogs... big deal...

We have "gun control"...  The question isn't should we, or shouldn't we...
We already do...
The question is,... do the current reg's work... and they clearly don't...
Even some conservative, NRA approved, politicians are considering reasonable new rules...
Nobody, but nobody, needs 50 or 100 round capacity guns...

It's true that mental problems are at the root of most of these shootings,.. but these high capacity weapons are at root of the body counts...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #65 - 12/17/12 at 09:28:34

I can see I'm already late to this party so I'll post this statistic...
And simply ask "How old should you be to steal a firearm?"

--Steve

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #66 - 12/17/12 at 09:48:19

Jerry Eichenberger wrote on 12/17/12 at 08:37:23:
I think mental health issues aren't just the main cause of these massacres, they are virtually the sole cause.  At the risk of repetition, we have to, as fellow citizens, dp something positive when we see ill people in our midst.  They need help, but won't/can't go get it themselves.  They don't perceive their own issues as anything wrong with them.

Jerry, I could not agree more ...

However you do know that such a program to help every one who is likely to be going off the rails ... is likely to be the biggest ever government program ever conceived dont you ... I should say it would be great, absolutely fantastic matter of fact ... but can you imagine the scale of the right wingers revolt on this ? Think obamacare, and raise that to the power of 10 and you may be getting close to 1% of it.

You're better off suggesting gun control.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #67 - 12/17/12 at 11:02:29

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #68 - 12/17/12 at 11:14:15

I find that data to be very biased.
Look at the number of firearms per citizen:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_of_guns_per_capita_by_country

By your chart there Finland is the most peaceful region, yet they rank #7 in firearm ownership.
Germany ranks #15.

--Steve

IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #69 - 12/17/12 at 11:16:35

People murder others, not the weapon of choice.

Do cars kill people in DUI fatal accidents, or do the drivers?

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #70 - 12/17/12 at 12:24:23

"Sorry, Midnight and JOG, but when people are crazy, they are crazy, and maybe the community at large there needs to ask itself why someone didn't try to help these people with their paranoia.  Couple all of this together with the fact that the shooter had mild autism, was a recluse, etc., etc. and you had the recipe for disaster cooking for a long time." Jerry what brought that statement on? This kid is the sickest of the sick. He and his mother should have been incarcerated. There's no arguing that.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #71 - 12/17/12 at 12:34:20

Midnight -

Sorry, that was really meant for JOG if he's still reading posts.  I fear for him - I think he has gotten so into every single little thing being the product of some vast conspiracy and underhanded or secret action that he has lost a realistic perspective.

Have I ever noted a tinge of those feelings in some of your posts?

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #72 - 12/17/12 at 12:38:27

There are multiple issues here...
a lunatic steals weapons and uses them to kill is the main issue.

The weapons were legal and whether or not they could be considered "assault" weapon really isn't a point.  As too whether it was a high capacity clip or not is a matter of convienence to the shooter.  people will still be dead, just have more of a chance to run.

A bigger issue which needs to be addressed is the availability of weapons to a lunatic.  I have to have a trigger lock or secured place for all weapons.  Why weren't her weapons secured?  Why are weapons in the homes of lunatics?  They do background checks, who assesses the family or home in which the weapons will be stored?

WWW   IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #73 - 12/17/12 at 12:47:15

Vers -

The mother was as much a nut as the son.  Did you see my earlier post this morning about her?  The news was full of her craziness this morning.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #74 - 12/17/12 at 13:13:31

Midnightrider wrote on 12/17/12 at 12:24:23:
"Sorry, Midnight and JOG, but when people are crazy, they are crazy, and maybe the community at large there needs to ask itself why someone didn't try to help these people with their paranoia.  Couple all of this together with the fact that the shooter had mild autism, was a recluse, etc., etc. and you had the recipe for disaster cooking for a long time." Jerry what brought that statement on? This kid is the sickest of the sick. He and his mother should have been incarcerated. There's no arguing that.

BTW autism is a disorder that was created by the CDC and covered up by every agency under the purview of the CDC. They need to fess up and stop the madness.
They can deny it all they want, it has eaten into society like a cancer.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 18
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/19/24 at 14:58:49

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Associated Press: 27 Dead, 20 Are Children.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.