Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 
Send Topic Print
Associated Press: 27 Dead, 20 Are Children. (Read 1880 times)
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: Associated Press: 27 Dead, 20 Are Children.
Reply #255 - 01/04/13 at 07:33:49

LANCER wrote on 01/04/13 at 05:04:30:
srinath wrote on 01/03/13 at 10:42:01:
It should then cost 100 bucks a bullet.
That way no one will want to use their stash ... truly self defence ...
If you have a stash, its something to hold on to. If you need a bunch, you can buy ... and it will be 100 bones a piece.

Cool.
Srinath.

Restricting guns and bullets for all law abiding people is not the answer.  Guns and bullets do not commit crimes; EVIL MINDED PEOPLE commit crimes.  To stop crimes you must be able to change the heart of the person who would commit the crime, so that he/she no longer desires to do evil.
That is the basic truth.
It is not easy to do, but that is the only way to have peace instead of evil deeds.

OK Lancer, I agree, a full on screening program for everyone, cos its got to find whacko's before they go whacko, when they are just crazy or nut jobs ... designed to recognize mental issues in people and treat them the right way, not medications that bottle it up till it blows up ...

OK as soon as you send in that 2-3 trillion $ check to get it started, we can talk about how many centers - city, state and county level we should set up and how to outreach the ones who dont like daylight ... OK cool.

Meanwhile, 100 bucks a bullet, 99 of it as tax to the federal govt, should actually ease our budget problems.

Great idea, just have to pay for it. And we already all know that govt spending is too high ...

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #256 - 01/05/13 at 21:46:21

130 guns, 20,000 rounds of ammo found in foreclosed CT home

http://www.boston.com/news/local/connecticut/2013/01/05/cleaners-stumble-upon...

Lost the home to foreclosure, but don't sell the weaponry??

I am not a "gun-nut"....I'm a gun owner - BIG difference.

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #257 - 01/06/13 at 04:42:36

Starlifter wrote on 01/05/13 at 21:46:21:
130 guns, 20,000 rounds of ammo found in foreclosed CT home

http://www.boston.com/news/local/connecticut/2013/01/05/cleaners-stumble-upon...

Lost the home to foreclosure, but don't sell the weaponry??

I am not a "gun-nut"....I'm a gun owner - BIG difference.

"investigation showed the guns were legally registered to the resident.......
The guns included shotguns and handguns.......
Bank representatives went to clean out the home before the occupant had cleared out his belongings"

Ok, so the person had a large LEGAL  collection of guns and ammunition to go with them.  
There is no crime here.
So who's business is it that this person had them ?
He did nothing wrong.
Did the bank give him a reasonable amount of time to get his stuff out ?
We don't know from the short writeup.  
"gun-nut" ? ?
That sounds prejudicial to me.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #258 - 01/06/13 at 04:58:17

srinath wrote on 01/04/13 at 07:33:49:
If you have a stash, its something to hold on to. If you need a bunch, you can buy ... and it will be 100 bones a piece.

Cool.
Srinath.

Restricting guns and bullets for all law abiding people is not the answer.  Guns and bullets do not commit crimes; EVIL MINDED PEOPLE commit crimes.  To stop crimes you must be able to change the heart of the person who would commit the crime, so that he/she no longer desires to do evil.
That is the basic truth.
It is not easy to do, but that is the only way to have peace instead of evil deeds.

OK Lancer, I agree, a full on screening program for everyone, cos its got to find whacko's before they go whacko, when they are just crazy or nut jobs ... designed to recognize mental issues in people and treat them the right way, not medications that bottle it up till it blows up ...

OK as soon as you send in that 2-3 trillion $ check to get it started, we can talk about how many centers - city, state and county level we should set up and how to outreach the ones who dont like daylight ... OK cool.

Meanwhile, 100 bucks a bullet, 99 of it as tax to the federal govt, should actually ease our budget problems.

Great idea, just have to pay for it. And we already all know that govt spending is too high ...

Cool.
Srinath.

A full screening of everyone is fiscally and logistically impossible to do.  There are just too many people and it is not lawful.
Who is a wacko ?
Who checks & decides who is a wacko ?
Who checks the "checkers" ?
Who checks the idiots in Washington ?  
Themselves ? ?  
That has been their pattern.
They pass laws for us but exempt themselves from those same laws.
The beginnings of a tyrant ?
Hmmmm.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #259 - 01/06/13 at 14:16:24

LANCER wrote on 01/06/13 at 04:58:17:

Cool.
Srinath.

That is the basic truth.

Cool.
Srinath.

A full screening of everyone is fiscally and logistically impossible to do.  There are just too many people and it is not lawful.
Who is a wacko ?
Themselves ? ?  
Hmmmm.

OK great, so what do you mean when you say - Restricting guns and bullets for all law abiding people is not the answer.  Guns and bullets do not commit crimes; EVIL MINDED PEOPLE commit crimes.  To stop crimes you must be able to change the heart of the person who would commit the crime, so that he/she no longer desires to do evil.
That is the basic truth.
[/quote]

So in your words - What would find a person who wants to do evil and change their mind ?

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #260 - 01/06/13 at 16:35:18

"Ok, so the person had a large LEGAL  collection of guns and ammunition to go with them.  
There is no crime here.

So who's business is it that this person had them?"

130 guns?...well it's a stretch, but okay...maybe...But 60,000 rounds of ammo??? um no, this guy has a fetish, and is a 100% certifiable "Gun Nut". (Probably a threat to the community too.)  

60,000 rounds of ammo is NOT a collection (like oh, say stamps). No, it's an arsonal. You have to wonder what's on this guys mind.

This is a person who is mentally unbalanced. The kind who should be investagated, screened, watched.

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #261 - 01/07/13 at 02:52:57

srinath wrote on 01/06/13 at 14:16:24:
LANCER wrote on 01/06/13 at 04:58:17:

Cool.
Srinath.

That is the basic truth.

Cool.
Srinath.

Who is a wacko ?
Themselves ? ?  
Hmmmm.

OK great, so what do you mean when you say - Restricting guns and bullets for all law abiding people is not the answer.  Guns and bullets do not commit crimes; EVIL MINDED PEOPLE commit crimes.  To stop crimes you must be able to change the heart of the person who would commit the crime, so that he/she no longer desires to do evil.
That is the basic truth.

So in your words - What would find a person who wants to do evil and change their mind ?

Cool.
Srinath. [/quote]

My point is that, most of the time, we will not know who is going to do evil until it is done.  That is not a pleasant thought but it is a fact.  We cannot read a persons mind and we do not know all of what is in a persons heart, whether it is to do good or evil.  
The only way for us, as a society, to "minimize" these kinds of horrible things is to encourage good and right behavior  in the society, and we do that one person at a time.  I taught my children that there is RIGHT & WRONG, to do good things for each other, be kind to each other.  When someone in a society does bad/evil things to others they should be punished according to the laws that the society has established.  If they take something that is not theirs they should be punished and made to repay 2x.  If they hurt someone they should be punished with substantial jail time.  If they "murder" someone then their life is taken.
There is an important difference between murder and kill.  The intentional taking of a life with malice and forethought is totally different than having to kill someone in self defense.   Murder is wrong; having to kill someone in self defense is our RIGHT to life.

Does that make sense to you ?

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #262 - 01/07/13 at 03:15:06

Starlifter wrote on 01/06/13 at 16:35:18:
"Ok, so the person had a large LEGAL  collection of guns and ammunition to go with them.  
There is no crime here.

So who's business is it that this person had them?"

130 guns?...well it's a stretch, but okay...maybe...But 60,000(20,000 according to the report) rounds of ammo??? um no, this guy has a fetish, and is a 100% certifiable "Gun Nut". (Probably a threat to the community too.)  

60,000 rounds of ammo is NOT a collection (like oh, say stamps). No, it's an arsonal. You have to wonder what's on this guys mind.

This is a person who is mentally unbalanced. The kind who should be investagated, screened, watched.

Really ?
Mentally unbalanced ?
Who are you to make that claim ?
Are you a psychiatrist trained in this particular specialty ?
You may think that is too much ammo to have but is your opinion any more valid than his ?
What is wrong with 20,000 rounds for 130 weapons ?  
Do the math; it is only 154/weapon.  
Not much at all when you think of it logically.
His collection may have been all sorts of brands and cal.'s of the shotguns and hand guns.  Many could have been antiques as well.
If you had a unique gun it would only make sense to keep some hard to get ammo for it on hand.
He may have been collecting for the last 50 years or more, or received many of them that were past down in the family and he just continued collecting as his father/grandfather had done.
We do not know for sure if he had this type of collection or not, but regardless, 154 rounds per weapon is not out of the norm at all.

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #263 - 01/07/13 at 06:17:00

How did it change from 20,000 rounds to 60,000 rounds between 4 posts?

How many guns is he allowed to legally own?
How many stamps are you allowed to own? Or cars?
I own 3 cars and 2 bikes right now. I can only drive one at a time, but I'm free to own as many as I wish.

--Steve

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #264 - 01/07/13 at 08:15:37

LANCER wrote on 01/07/13 at 02:52:57:
My point is that, most of the time, we will not know who is going to do evil until it is done.  That is not a pleasant thought but it is a fact.  We cannot read a persons mind and we do not know all of what is in a persons heart, whether it is to do good or evil.  
The only way for us, as a society, to "minimize" these kinds of horrible things is to encourage good and right behavior  in the society, and we do that one person at a time.  I taught my children that there is RIGHT & WRONG, to do good things for each other, be kind to each other.  When someone in a society does bad/evil things to others they should be punished according to the laws that the society has established.  If they take something that is not theirs they should be punished and made to repay 2x.  If they hurt someone they should be punished with substantial jail time.  If they "murder" someone then their life is taken.
There is an important difference between murder and kill.  The intentional taking of a life with malice and forethought is totally different than having to kill someone in self defense.   Murder is wrong; having to kill someone in self defense is our RIGHT to life.

Does that make sense to you ?

Make sense ... yes, are we willing to live under this reality - hell no.

A $100 bullet will stop this mass killing mentality, and not affect the self defence crowd. That is until we keep guns out of whacko's hands.
You make all these theories with the supposition that "there are tons of guns out there, no way to get it all back, so we are going to do something useless and ineffectual ...

I think a 100 buck bullet will promptly drive all the bullets into safes. That way the whacko's have to after getting their gun, have to go and spend 5-6g in bullets for a rampage. Cash only ...
Since we are all armed already, we would retain our bullets till we have shot them @ an intruder and then we would buy ...

Heck, I would give an exepmtion to people who have shot someone in self defence - cops come and find a shot/dead intruder and the home owner has shot him 5 times and used up 20 bullets, OK he gets a letter saying he's entitled to 20 bullets. The cops could just dispense it @ the scene of the crime after ruling it as self defence.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/19/24 at 09:18:35

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Associated Press: 27 Dead, 20 Are Children.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.