Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 
Send Topic Print
Associated Press: 27 Dead, 20 Are Children. (Read 1880 times)
Retread

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Associated Press: 27 Dead, 20 Are Children.
Reply #240 - 01/02/13 at 21:05:45

The Aurora theater guy was under a shrinks care, the shrink warned the college he went to, and the college was trying to put him on the radar of the cops.. If the shrink could have pushed the button sooner it could have prevented him from the weapons purchase, but everybody stalled the process...

Everybody who was around this kid that shot the little kids, knew he was nuts, so his Mom decided to teach him to shoot!!! That was brilliant, it cost her and 27 people their lives... I'm betting she was a NRA member...

The joker who shot up the mall was on anti-depressants, and stole the gun from his friend.. Responsible owner, with no secure weapon, right?

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/11/jared-loughner-mass-shootings-men...

Used to look like a Greek God, now I look like a darned Greek!
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #241 - 01/02/13 at 21:45:09

The Tucson shooter was mad as a hatter, too...  and the college he attended was warning everybody they could...
Problem is... the same party that defends gun rights to the insane... won't even pay for standard health care,... furthermore, pay for mental health services.. which is lacking even in expensive, HMO style, care...
They just want more guns...
The solution to the gun problem... is more guns... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #242 - 01/02/13 at 22:58:06

Nine people shot in New York City just five hours into 2013

Read more: http://in.news.yahoo.com/nine-people-shot-york-city-just-five-hours-062908901...

...Well that didn't take long. And that was in just one city in gun crazed America.

Ah yes indeedy, there IS of course a very simple solution to this gun violence: More Guns! More Guns! More Guns!...yeah that's the ticket, More Guns!...and if that doesn't work it simply indicates that we yet need even MORE GUNS!!!

...Now back in the real world, I'm sick and tired of these false equivalency posts eg. "Cars kill too, so lets ban cars".

If you see cars and guns as the same, maybe you should have neither.

Here's a hint:

Cars are a mode of transportation. That's what they are designed for and when used correctly, that is what they do.
Guns are killing tools. That's what they are designed for and when used correctly, that is what they do.

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #243 - 01/03/13 at 06:16:39

They - The gun nuts toeing the NRA's line - dont want to acknowledge the difference between accident vs intent. That whole blaming of ping pongs in response to gun control is just a reflection of that.

I am sure they will now point to the NYC's strict gun laws ... ignoring the fact that most NYC guns are from GA, SC etc, and really criminals will be the ones to get them ... it cant be hard in 1 place and real easy else where.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #244 - 01/03/13 at 06:18:14

I’d be a little worried about encouraging doctors to lock up anyone who shows signs of trouble and I sure as hell don’t want to start punishing doctors who ‘failed’ to lock up some nut before he started shooting people. They’ll either lock up everyone or those who need help won’t seek them out for fear of being incarcerated.

How many people would you have had to lock up since Columbine to stop Va-Tech, Tucson, Aurora and now Sandy Hook? How many people own guns or have access to them, play violent video games, have mental issues and are male? Hundreds of thousands? A million?

The solution to the gun problem... is more guns

That’s not true. ONE solution to the gun problem is better security at high risk places which for whatever reason, seems to include schools. That’s only one possible solution; there are others.

If you want to gripe about the lack of money to fund mental health, fine. If we didn’t piss money away left and right on wasted programs, we could fund more mental health. I’m in favor of that. I’m not in favor of giving every Tom, thingy and Harry handouts like we do now. How much money did Hopey give to Solydra and Tesla?

Nine people shot in New York City just five hours into 2013

Pardon me, but doesn’t New York City have strict gun laws? Doesn’t this negate your call for more regulation? Gun laws did nothing to stop the shootings above; Columbine, VA-Tech, Tucson, Aurora and Sandy Hook.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #245 - 01/03/13 at 06:22:13

I am sure they will now point to the NYC's strict gun laws ... ignoring the fact that most NYC guns are from GA, SC etc, and really criminals will be the ones to get them ... it cant be hard in 1 place and real easy else where.

There are 300 million guns in the US right now! A gun has a working life of 100+ years! What law is going to make them disappear?!!! Are you going to put a sign up at the New York border that says no guns allowed and then sleep soundly at night? People who use guns violently against other people don't care about gun laws. They mean nothing to them. Passing another gun law will not stop a single thing.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #246 - 01/03/13 at 06:28:55

Yea bullets costing 50 bones a pop will bleed them dry in a few years.
And guess what ... its cost free for the govt.

OK so there is a lot of bullets out there ...

Guess what, you wont be shooting off 100's of em into random people ... and you will keep your bullets locked up.

Its free for the govt.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
MShipley
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #247 - 01/03/13 at 06:59:36

srinith the problem with your solutions ( or goals ) is that they are unreasonable and ineffective. If the general public had to pay $50.00 for a bullet they and the criminals would just make thier own. Ammo is cheap to make. You would just create another black market item.

The problem is not guns, cars, wars, poverty, or any other symtom. The problem is human beings and our culture. I do lots of mission work with the poverty stricken people of Nicaragua and they do not have these problems, (yes there are plenty of guns and there is plenty of crime). But culturally they have a faith that life comes from God and that life is precious, they understand that they are a member of a family and community, that they are responsible for. they work together  to take care of each other because simple survival is difficult. Why do these conditions exist? The greed of evil men, and evil men are everywhere.

Our culture is totaly different, we foster individuality, there is no God and we are just a cosmic accident no more meaningful to the world than pigs. We are taught to get out of the home as soon as you can, be your own man. We teach that happiness is measured in the amount of possesions you have. Get as much as you can, as quick as you can and if someone else has what you want then take it because  its not fair they have more than I.

Then we sit back and wonder why these evil, crasy people exist and we blame it on things like guns. all the while we sit in our houses, pontificating about the problems when we need to all get out of our houses sell some of our possesions to raise some money to just go help someone, anybody. The American people have to learn that these issues can only be fixed by the involvment of the people. Government and laws can not fix it.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #248 - 01/03/13 at 07:29:13

Once again you're sorta contradicting the NRA/gun nut talking point -

I thought your background check was there to prevent criminals form getting their hands on a gun ? So they will have no guns, but will make bullets ? Which one is it ? can they get guns ... or not ? without a gun, a bullet is useless even if they make them.

Then, you see the mass murders with the exception of the webster one, and that was 2 fire fighters as opposed to 27 ... were all whacko's, not career criminals.

They will stop in their tracks ... even a whacko cant afford 1/2 mill in bullets.

Oh well, he'd have to be whacko and a millionaire ...
As soon as we find Bill Gates shooting up schools, we can worry about that.

Better yet, you can buy bullets @ walmart, but you have to pay cash only for it, no credit card ... Cash only. See whacko's which credit cards can buy bullets on the card, shoot up the school and then kill themselves. Cash ... they need to have it sitting round.

Anyway making bullets will work ... if the components of a bullet are easily available ... all of it has to be hard to get ... all of it needs to be made ... a bullet for $50 will look like a bargain.

It will also instantly get people to lock their bullets up. It also cant be in NYC only, and not in philadelphia.

A career criminal uses a gun to scare people, he does not want to use them. A whacko uses a gun like a garden hose, spray it and is not concerned wha the hits or doesn't hit.
Nearly no control measure will stop a career criminal (think of snake on simpsons), however with a career criminal you wont have a pile up of dead bodies. He wont even care about killing 1 person, in fact he's careful to not kill that 1. See apu is still alive. The simpsons part is a joke.

Bullets have a 10 year shelf life if taken good care of right. Pretty much they will stay locked up and never used frivolously if they cost $50 per ... and in 10 years, there wont be loose bullets any more.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #249 - 01/03/13 at 10:31:01

Ammo have a much longer life span than 10 years, there is a lot of military surplus ammo being sold in the country that was manufactured in the 1950's and 1960's which work fine. Currently there is a lot of surplus ammo being sold that was left over from the Korean war. Ammo has a indefinate life span as long as it is kept dry and out of the weather which is why there is so much being purchased and stored away for later.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
MShipley
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #250 - 01/03/13 at 10:38:05

I read somewhere that if properly packaged ammo has a 100 year life expectancy.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #251 - 01/03/13 at 10:42:01

It should then cost 100 bucks a bullet.
That way no one will want to use their stash ... truly self defence ...
If you have a stash, its something to hold on to. If you need a bunch, you can buy ... and it will be 100 bones a piece.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #252 - 01/03/13 at 10:48:10

My brothers buy Nato rounds (7.62x54) by the barrel full for their Russian surplus rifles. Cabalas was just selling more  of these Russian surplus rifles for $99 couple months ago. That happens 2-3 times per year. Have to buy sight-unseen. Some turn out to be barely used and very accurate. Others are not good for much more than a noise maker. The ammo is from the same time period; post-WWII, but before Vietnam. That puts them at 50 years or so. Last time we went shooting, probably 10% dudes, but they bought the cheapest they could find since we were just killing old beer cans.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #253 - 01/04/13 at 05:04:30

srinath wrote on 01/03/13 at 10:42:01:
It should then cost 100 bucks a bullet.
That way no one will want to use their stash ... truly self defence ...
If you have a stash, its something to hold on to. If you need a bunch, you can buy ... and it will be 100 bones a piece.

Cool.
Srinath.

Restricting guns and bullets for all law abiding people is not the answer.  Guns and bullets do not commit crimes; EVIL MINDED PEOPLE commit crimes.  To stop crimes you must be able to change the heart of the person who would commit the crime, so that he/she no longer desires to do evil.
That is the basic truth.
It is not easy to do, but that is the only way to have peace instead of evil deeds.

IP Logged
Retread

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #254 - 01/04/13 at 07:21:36

Good luck with that....

A friend has power of attorney for a buddy of his, he recieves all his mail, pays his bills, ect.. His Buddy is regulary getting notices from the NRA to join up in their fight against the evil Obama, and his minions who wish to strip the American people of their constitutional freedoms! I had the honor to read this drivel from the NRA and can say it was designed for the weak of mind, to instill paranoia and fear, nothing more...

The funny thing is, this letter was sent to a crazy man, he is in prison for shooting at his nieghbors house........

Used to look like a Greek God, now I look like a darned Greek!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/02/24 at 06:01:00

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Associated Press: 27 Dead, 20 Are Children.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.