Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18
Send Topic Print
Associated Press: 27 Dead, 20 Are Children. (Read 1880 times)
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Re: Associated Press: 27 Dead, 20 Are Children.
Reply #210 - 12/30/12 at 19:05:31

Starlifter wrote on 12/30/12 at 14:11:02:
Concerning Gyro's Soles posting.

This is an old story. Incidently I don't see any evidence in that article that he was anti gun. It was a story in NC for his being anti gay but gay himself.

According to snopes.com. Soles had very high ratings from the NRA.

NRA scores for the senator

1998 B
2000 B
2002 B+
2004 B+
2004 A
2006 A
2008 A

So the NRA give the most anti-gun senator an A rating and the guy turns out to be an NRA favorite.

(Anti-gun or not Mr. Soles was indeed a hypocritical lier on certian other matters. No doubt about that.)

So draw your own conclusions concerning Soles.

I can see why you like Snopes so much, starry.  They, like google and NBC, put a left spin on everything.  We need a snopes for snopes.  When I see snopes saying something like they are saying here, it makes me think the original reporting is valid, since they are trying to bias it toward the lib's anti-gun prejudices.

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #211 - 12/30/12 at 19:07:23

Starlifter wrote on 12/30/12 at 14:07:43:
So the first lady is a wookie now.

A wookie is a tall, hairy ape like species in "Star Wars".

Wonderful, we have another racist among us.  

Are you really calling the Wookie a racist??!!  that is a shock, even from you, starry!

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #212 - 12/31/12 at 01:15:56

Gyrobob wrote on 12/30/12 at 12:54:18:
I'm in favor of instant background checks.  I don't even mind it if personal sales involve background checks PROVIDED THE SELLER CAN CAN DO IT INSTANTLY AND FOR FREE.  
-- I sell a gun every now and then, and I do care that I am not selling it to a wacko.
-- What worries me here, though, is that the SCHLIB and his lackeys will use the background check thing as a way to make it harder for law-abiders to buy and sell guns.  While the intent is good, there are always ways for bureacrats to warp the system to make it do things it was not supposed to do.[/size][/font]

I am sorry psych profile, not just background checks. It may be their first crime - as in the case of the Va tech shooter and sandy hook shooter. In fact Va tech guy was a foreigner too. Background checks catch criminals, you have that whole whacko category to contend with ...
And why should it be free ? is anything else free ? maybe if they own a gun licence issued in the last 6 months or somwhere in there ?

And no it cant be in 1 location of 1 state. It has to be nation wide, and it has to come without warning, and it cant be publicised after the fact either.  It prevents that whole stock piling as well as alert criminals to the fact that its harder for everyone to get guns. Non whacko's and criminals will get it, whacko's will very very likely not, and of course criminals should never get it.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #213 - 12/31/12 at 04:41:42

We need to put armed patrols in schools.
And why is this needed ?  The danger is from LAWLESS CRAZIES.  The answer is to force the judicial system to put violent criminals using weapons to commit crimes away for a LONG freaking time.  If they hurt someone during the act they are in for LIFE; if they murder someone during the crime they are executed.  PERIOD.
 That would be a substantial deterrent.

We need to pay for it by taxing gun sales and yes, bullet sales. Heck, forget the gun sales, tax the living crap out of bullet sales.
Yea, that's fair.  Tax the law abiding citizens because of what criminals do.  In case you have not noticed, we are ALL being taxed to death already for this and every other thing, yet what the gov't has been doing is not working.  

No govt being big is separate form this, flooding the street with guns, this is the side effects. Or we could tax the NRA membership fees if you so prefer.  A 50% tax on gross sales receipt should be  levied on all the movie studio's and actor's salaries who put out violent films.  They encourage violence throughout our entire society.
Besides, those FAT CATS make way to much money anyway; they need to pay their FAIR SHARE.

We are not going to cut down unemployment benifits to help gun nuts buy more guns and let those guns get to the psycho's and end up in more gun deaths.
WHAT ? ? ?  What's with this dude ?  You are not making sense.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #214 - 12/31/12 at 16:17:31

I think we're going to need to see more guns fall into the hands of whacko's and more bodies piling up, and then the gun nuts will be even more hard into the "guns for everyone" paradigm cos we need to stop the bad guys with guns by arming everyone.

Well, if we had no guns, there would be no gun crime ... so the road to lowering gun crime is to flood it with guns ... yes, its perfectly logical.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #215 - 12/31/12 at 16:38:05

Its just common sense if theirs twice as many guns out there next year,It will be twice as easy for the kooks to get them.And the guns aren't the normal guns that people were buying before.The NRA president made $970000 last year.Peoples you are going to have to use your heads.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #216 - 12/31/12 at 16:55:18

srinath wrote on 12/31/12 at 16:17:31:
I think we're going to need to see more guns fall into the hands of whacko's and more bodies piling up, and then the gun nuts will be even more hard into the "guns for everyone" paradigm cos we need to stop the bad guys with guns by arming everyone.

Well, if we had no guns, there would be no gun crime ... so the road to lowering gun crime is to flood it with guns ... yes, its perfectly logical.

Cool.
Srinath.

P L E A S E    tell me you are jesting and not really that naive.

Saw a news clip last night or night before from England, about what has happened since hand guns were outlawed and destroyed by the gov't.  Violent crime rate has risen 40% and Bobbies no longer walk the beat with just a whistle and billy club.  They now wear body armor and carry weapons because of the increased use of guns by criminals.

IP Logged
MShipley
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #217 - 12/31/12 at 17:11:06

I was in St. Thomas hanging outside a store talking to the owner while my wife and friends shopped. (i never did like the shopping) anyway we were talking about the island and I asked how the crime was. He had an interesting answer. He stated there was virtually no crime between the locals because everyone knew that they all carried guns. He went on to say that the bad people on the island preyed on the tourist because they knew they were unarmed.

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #218 - 12/31/12 at 17:54:44

bill67 wrote on 12/31/12 at 16:38:05:
Its just common sense if theirs twice as many guns out there next year,It will be twice as easy for the kooks to get them.And the guns aren't the normal guns that people were buying before.The NRA president made $970000 last year.Peoples you are going to have to use your heads.

Wrong again bill.  If there are twice as many guns it will have no effect on bad guys having guns at all.  They have never had any difficulty getting all the guns they want.  If every McDs had a supply of AR-15s to sell to anyone who could pass a background check, it would make no difference at all to how many bad guys had guns.  

If we had 100 million Ruger Mini-14s for sale all over the country right now, the only effect it would have is that the ratio of armed good guys vs armed bad guys would improve.

Your ilk makes so many senseless assumptions,.. the primary of which is that creating laws that make guns harder to get will have an effect on those who don't obey laws.  sheesh.

bill,... use your head,.... people who don't care about breaking laws don't care about breaking gun laws.  Making more gun laws does not affect anyone who doesn't care about breaking the law.  The bad guys don't worry about gun laws because they don't worry about laws at all.   Criminals have all the guns they want because they don't have to worry about the laws that we law-abiders must abide by.  How many different ways do we need to say it?

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #219 - 12/31/12 at 17:55:45

MShipley wrote on 12/31/12 at 17:11:06:
I was in St. Thomas hanging outside a store talking to the owner while my wife and friends shopped. (i never did like the shopping) anyway we were talking about the island and I asked how the crime was. He had an interesting answer. He stated there was virtually no crime between the locals because everyone knew that they all carried guns. He went on to say that the bad people on the island preyed on the tourist because they knew they were unarmed.

Eureka!!!

A real world example.

This is a bit of what Heinlein was saying,.. "An armed society is a polite society."

IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #220 - 12/31/12 at 21:55:39

"An armed society is a polite society."

Jaysus! How many more times are we going hear these NRA talking points repeated?
It's getting old, very old, and it's getting on people's nerves...for God sake come up with something new and original.

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #221 - 12/31/12 at 22:13:12

Starlifter wrote on 12/31/12 at 21:55:39:

Jaysus! How many more times are we going hear these NRA talking points repeated?
It's getting old, very old, and it's getting on people's nerves...for God sake come up with something new and original.

Cast dispersions as you may, coming from you they are usually inaccurate, as is this one.  The NRA does the country quite a bit of good, but they never said anything about an armed society being a polite society.  Robert Heinlein gets the credit for that.

Doesn't make much diff who said it though, eh?  It is still a valid point.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #222 - 01/01/13 at 06:58:53

Starlifter wrote on 12/31/12 at 21:55:39:

No, not talking points, just real life examples like the news clip I saw of the problems in the UK since hand guns were outlawed.

If you choose to not be armed then that is certainly your right.
I have the same right to be armed to protect myself and my family.
I will pray that you and your family never have a need to defend your lives, because if you do the result will not likely be good.
Do you think it will never happen ?
What are the statistics of violent home invasions ?
Shootings on the streets ?
Does it happen where you live ?
Point is, you never know what tomorrow may bring.

IP Logged
Retread

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #223 - 01/01/13 at 07:26:52

The one thing all of the latest mass killings had in common, the shooters were insane. Now some think that more guns are the answer, they would be wrong. Some think that no guns are the answer, they would be wrong also..

What this nation needs is a wakeup call, the mentally incompetent are getting their hands on weapons, the NRA backs this action, even encourages it by shouting wolf everytime someone talks gun control.. The mentally ill and the paranoid run out to buy more weapons, proof is in the fact that most states have a run on guns right now, manufacters are hiring.. Over 6000 background checks in ONE day in Colorado alone!

Now we are on our way to a real warzone, the paranoid and the mentally ill are ready to pull the trigger, claim self defense, stand your ground, make my day hero's, leaving those of us who have owned weapons all our lives in a tough spot.. Weapons are not toys, they are not like buying a new car, they do not reflect status, THEY ARE A TOOL, a very deadly tool.. Using them, storing them, and handling them properly are part of your second amendment rights!!!! The words "Well Regulated" are there for all to see..

So unless we get responsible gun owners to back responsible regulation, we are asking for a nation of fools to turn this nation into a warzone. Background screening to include anyone who has been under a shrinks care, under the influence of anti-depressants, have mandatory safety classes which include securing weapons, and proficiency training.

Used to look like a Greek God, now I look like a darned Greek!
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #224 - 01/01/13 at 18:15:52

Retread wrote on 01/01/13 at 07:26:52:
  The one thing all of the latest mass killings had in common, the shooters were insane. Now some think that more guns are the answer, they would be wrong. Some think that no guns are the answer, they would be wrong also..

What this nation needs is a wakeup call, the mentally incompetent are getting their hands on weapons, the NRA backs this action, even encourages it by shouting wolf everytime someone talks gun control.. The mentally ill and the paranoid run out to buy more weapons, proof is in the fact that most states have a run on guns right now, manufacters are hiring.. Over 6000 background checks in ONE day in Colorado alone!

Now we are on our way to a real warzone, the paranoid and the mentally ill are ready to pull the trigger, claim self defense, stand your ground, make my day hero's, leaving those of us who have owned weapons all our lives in a tough spot.. Weapons are not toys, they are not like buying a new car, they do not reflect status, THEY ARE A TOOL, a very deadly tool.. Using them, storing them, and handling them properly are part of your second amendment rights!!!! The words "Well Regulated" are there for all to see..

So unless we get responsible gun owners to back responsible regulation, we are asking for a nation of fools to turn this nation into a warzone. Background screening to include anyone who has been under a shrinks care, under the influence of anti-depressants, have mandatory safety classes which include securing weapons, and proficiency training.

Do you really expect anyone to believe the NRA wants insane people to have guns?  Those kinds of statements toy with your credibility.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/20/24 at 04:48:42

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Associated Press: 27 Dead, 20 Are Children.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.