Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 18
Send Topic Print
Associated Press: 27 Dead, 20 Are Children. (Read 1880 times)
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Re: Associated Press: 27 Dead, 20 Are Children.
Reply #195 - 12/29/12 at 13:53:29

Armed, trained security personnel in every school?

Medically rigorous method to screen for and profile psychologically such inherently dangerous individuals and thereby intercept them before the carnage?

Oh sure, and WHO is going to pay for all of this?... Yeah right (snort) the wingnuts are howling mad about ANY money being spent on health care of any kind.

These NRA talking points horsesh!t is stinking up the place.....

Gun Deaths: A Familiar American Experience

Source ABC News

<snip>

In America, over one dozen guns are legally sold every minute of every day.

There are almost 300 million privately-owned firearms in this country — that’s almost enough to arm every man, woman and child — but while there is a gun in four out of every 10 of American homes, only a small percentage of owners have most of the weapons, with the average collection swelling in recent years to around seven guns per owner.

The Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence, a non-profit organization, points out that Americans still kill each other with guns at a level that is staggering compared to the rest of humanity.
A study in the Journal of  Trauma and Acute Care Surgery found that the gun murder rate in the U.S. is almost 20 times higher than the next 22 richest and most populous nations combined.

Among the world’s 23 wealthiest countries, 80 percent of all gun deaths are American deaths and 87 percent of all kids killed by guns are American kids.

But regardless, polls show that public attitudes don’t change, even after a mass slaughter like this. Forty-nine percent say it’s more important to protect gun rights while 45 percent favor tighter gun control.

But no one of any political stripe can denying the human cost of our collective trigger fingers.

According to the Children’s Defense Fund, in the 44 years since Bobby Kennedy and Martin Luther King were shot to death, bullets have ended the lives of more than one million people — including 12 in Aurora, Colo., who came together at midnight, just looking to cheer for a superhero, and 26 people, 20 of them little children in Newtown Conn. who were in kindergarten with their whole lives ahead of them.

<end of snip>

Every time a gun is used to kill an innocent human, it's murder. Every time a murder occurs, the blood is squarely on the hands of the NRA and its blind followers who cheer this madness and disavow any responsibility for their guns and the carnage they cause.

Yes, it is easy for "cold dead hands" lunatics to "dismiss (any) findings on their face," because they only care about their Goddam*ed guns, and their pathetic 2nd Amendment so-called right to pollute our society with 300 million fu*king guns and the highest gun death rate in the world.

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #196 - 12/29/12 at 14:36:54

Star -

A few pages ago I posed a question that no one has answered.

Of the gun deaths in the U.S., what percentage are drug dealer killing fellow dealer over either unpaid drug debts, or deals otherwise gone bad?  For one, I don't care about these people - good riddance.  The taxpayers were just saved a lot of money.

Likewise, what percetange are other felons killing their own kind?  Again, good riddance.

I know some innocents, including kids, are victims of drive by shootings and the rare massacre like in Newtown.  But I'll bet that the statistics of truly innocent people killed by guns would show a number far less, by many fold, than the numbers used by gun control advocates.  Agree?

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #197 - 12/29/12 at 17:42:32

Jerry Eichenberger wrote on 12/29/12 at 14:36:54:
Star -

A few pages ago I posed a question that no one has answered.

Of the gun deaths in the U.S., what percentage are drug dealer killing fellow dealer over either unpaid drug debts, or deals otherwise gone bad?  For one, I don't care about these people - good riddance.  The taxpayers were just saved a lot of money.

Likewise, what percetange are other felons killing their own kind?  Again, good riddance.

I know some innocents, including kids, are victims of drive by shootings and the rare massacre like in Newtown.  But I'll bet that the statistics of truly innocent people killed by guns would show a number far less, by many fold, than the numbers used by gun control advocates.  Agree?

Yea there is a lot of low life on low life murders enabled by guns. There are also a lot of suicides by gun. Those 2 are categories I can say are where guns are only incidental. If not a gun, they would hang themsleves, or stab each other.

This year 2012 there have been 280 some, 2011 was almost as much that fit the profile of the current sandy hook/Webster (not our webstermark But a town called webster) murders.

There is a site to get that info - I heard it friday on npr.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #198 - 12/29/12 at 18:25:31

Long time Anti-Gun Advocate State Senator R.C. Soles, 74, shot one of two intruders at his home just outside Tabor City , N.C. about 5 p.m. Sunday, the prosecutor for the politician's home county said.

The intruder, Kyle Blackburn, was taken to a South Carolina hospital, but the injuries were not reported to be life-threatening, according to Rex Gore, district attorney for Columbus, Bladen andBrunswick counties..

The State Bureau of Investigation and Columbus County Sheriff's Department are investigating the shooting, Gore said. Soles, who was not arrested,declined to discuss the incident Sunday evening.

"I am not in a position to talk to you," Soles said by telephone. "I'm right in the middle of an investigation."

The Senator, who has made a career of being against gun ownership for the general public, didn't hesitate to defend himself with his own gun when he believed he was in immediate danger and he was the victim.

In typical hypocritical liberal fashion, the "Do as i say and not as i do" Anti-Gun Activist Lawmaker picked up his gun and took action in what apparently was a self-defense shooting. Why hypocritical you may ask? It is because his long legislative record shows that the actions that he took to protect his family, his own response to a dangerous life threatening situation, are actions that he feels ordinary citizens should not have if they were faced with an identical situation.

It has prompted some to ask if the Senator believes his life and personal safety is more valuable than yours or mine.

But, this is to be expected from those who believe they can run our lives, raise our kids, and protect our families better than we can.

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #199 - 12/29/12 at 18:27:04

On Sunday December 17, 2012, 2 days after the CT shooting, a man went to a restaurant in San Antonio to kill his X-girlfriend. After he shot her, most of the people in the restaurant fled next door to a theater. The gunman followed them and entered the theater so he could shoot more people. He started shooting and people in the theater started running and screaming. It’s like the Aurora, CO theater story plus a restaurant!

Now aren’t you wondering why this isn’t a lead story in the national media along with the school shooting?

There was an off duty county deputy at the theater. SHE pulled out her gun and shot the man 4 times before he had a chance to kill anyone. So since this story makes the point that the best thing to stop a bad person with a gun is a good person with a gun, the media is treating it like it never happened.

Only the local media covered it. The city is giving her a medal next week.

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #200 - 12/29/12 at 18:34:59

From the Sacramento Bee (mostly a liberal rag) last Thursday:

Gun deaths and injuries have dropped sharply in California, even as the number of guns sold in the state has risen, according to new state data.

Dealers sold 600,000 guns in California last year, up from 350,000 in 2002, according to records of sale tallied by the California Attorney General's office.

During that same period, the number of California hospitalizations due to gun injuries declined from about 4,000 annually to 2,900, a roughly 25 percent drop, according to hospital records collected by the California Department of Public Health.

Firearm-related deaths fell from about 3,200 annually to about 2,800, an 11 percent drop, state health figures show.

Most of the drop in firearm-related injuries and deaths can be explained by a well-documented, nationwide drop in violent crime.

The number of California injuries and deaths attributed to accidental discharge of firearms also has fallen. The number of suicide deaths involving firearms has remained roughly constant.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #201 - 12/29/12 at 18:37:04

& What is it that a Gyro Does? It spins Fast & maintains a steady course,, & Youre makin their heads spin with FACTS & stayin Right on course,, way to Gyro.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #202 - 12/29/12 at 21:11:23

We have School Resource officers in our Middle and High Schools. Someone give me one good reason why we shouldnt protect our younger children. Dont say cost. We need to bring some of our military home and put them to work gaurding our own citizens doing the job they get paid to do.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #203 - 12/30/12 at 05:29:06

Midnightrider wrote on 12/29/12 at 21:11:23:
We have School Resource officers in our Middle and High Schools. Someone give me one good reason why we shouldnt protect our younger children. Dont say cost. We need to bring some of our military home and put them to work gaurding our own citizens doing the job they get paid to do.

While I don't disagree we should protect all our schools,.. cost is always an issue.  
-- We have only a given amount of money, and we already spend more than we take in.  
-- We need to stop overspending in stupid areas like congressional pay raises, the Wookie's staff and vacations, gun registration schemes, research on frog mating habits, subsidies for corn gas, fancy shopping areas for the military, the SCHLIB's golf expenses, etc.  
-- If we'd cut the Wookie's staff down to the size of Laura Bush's staff, that alone would fund a few hundred armed guards.

The other issue is about using the military for civilian purposes.  
-- The founding fathers had a genuine and grave concern about having the military exert any force in civilian issues.  
-- While it seems to make sense to have a Marine kill a school shooter, we must be very very careful about the slippery slope.  
     --- We have lots of laws, posse comitatus for example, that forbid using the military for even doing things like preventing illegal immigration.  
     --- Anytime you put a military person in the position of shooting a non-military person who is guilty of only civil crime, we bump up against our long-held beliefs about keeping the military out of civilian matters.  
-- I'm not saying we shouldn't look into it, I'm just saying it will be very very difficult to redo the laws to allow military people to shoot civilian citizens.  AND,... if we do that, where do you draw the line on what kind of civilian situations a Marine is allowed to handle?  This would be very hard to define, and would put a Marine's life and/or career in jeopardy if in the two seconds he has to make a life/death decision he makes a completely understandable, but incorrect, choice.

IP Logged
Retread

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #204 - 12/30/12 at 07:30:33

The CBI has just asked for more personel to help with the influx of new gun buyer investigations, over 4500 a day, they now have a backlog of two to five days! Paranoia at its finest...

Oh by the way, if you are refering to the first lady as Wookie Gyro, I'll put your arse on ignore..  Angry

Used to look like a Greek God, now I look like a darned Greek!
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #205 - 12/30/12 at 10:09:13

Yea yea yea gyro, excellent points ... so good guys should have guns, and bad guys should not ... how do you propose we do that ?

Full blown backgorund checks and psych tests etc etc ?

Or something else ?

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #206 - 12/30/12 at 12:51:14

Gyrobob wrote on 12/30/12 at 05:29:06:
Midnightrider wrote on 12/29/12 at 21:11:23:

While I don't disagree we should protect all our schools,.. cost is always an issue.  
-- We have only a given amount of money, and we already spend more than we take in.  
-- We need to stop overspending in stupid areas like congressional pay raises, the Wookie's staff and vacations, gun registration schemes, research on frog mating habits, subsidies for corn gas, fancy shopping areas for the military, the SCHLIB's golf expenses, etc.  
-- If we'd cut the Wookie's staff down to the size of Laura Bush's staff, that alone would fund a few hundred armed guards.

The other issue is about using the military for civilian purposes.  
-- The founding fathers had a genuine and grave concern about having the military exert any force in civilian issues.  
-- While it seems to make sense to have a Marine kill a school shooter, we must be very very careful about the slippery slope.  
     --- We have lots of laws, posse comitatus for example, that forbid using the military for even doing things like preventing illegal immigration.  
     --- Anytime you put a military person in the position of shooting a non-military person who is guilty of only civil crime, we bump up against our long-held beliefs about keeping the military out of civilian matters.  
-- I'm not saying we shouldn't look into it, I'm just saying it will be very very difficult to redo the laws to allow military people to shoot civilian citizens.  AND,... if we do that, where do you draw the line on what kind of civilian situations a Marine is allowed to handle?  This would be very hard to define, and would put a Marine's life and/or career in jeopardy if in the two seconds he has to make a life/death decision he makes a completely understandable, but incorrect, choice.

Bull sheiete on the funding issue.

We need to put armed patrols in schools.
We need to pay for it by taxing gun sales and yes, bullet sales. Heck, forget the gun sales, tax the living crap out of bullet sales.

No govt being big is separate form this, flooding the street with guns, this is the side effects. Or we could tax the NRA membership fees if you so prefer.

We are not going to cut down unemployment benifits to help gun nuts buy more guns and let those guns get to the psycho's and end up in more gun deaths.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #207 - 12/30/12 at 12:54:18

srinath wrote on 12/30/12 at 10:09:13:
Yea yea yea gyro, excellent points ... so good guys should have guns, and bad guys should not ... how do you propose we do that ?

Full blown backgorund checks and psych tests etc etc ?

Or something else ?

Cool.
Srinath.

One of the realities of the cold, cruel, world is that the bad guys ALWAYS have guns.  
-- We would like for them to not have guns, and they are not allowed to have guns.  They say, "So frackin' what??!!"  They are going to break the law anyway, so having a gun to better their chances of being successful completely ignores any gun-related laws.  
-- More restrictive gun laws don't restrict these folks at all.  This is the point the libs never understand.  Write another law making it harder to get a gun,... who is affected by that law?,... not the bad guy,... only the guy that tends to obey laws (the same guy that would never use a gun for evil anyway)

The key is to dissuade them from committing crimes.  If they begin to think the good guys getting better armed, they don't like that at all.  The crime rate goes down.
-- Look at what happened in 1974 when Albuquerque police went on strike.  The crime rate went down because as one of the few burglars apprehended during the strike exclaimed,"the f***ing civilians got their guns out, man!!!"  They were dissuaded because they feared getting shot,... by folks like the 75 year old Grandma antique store owner who pulled a gun on them as they were holding her up, trembling so much from fear, the bad guys ran away simply from seeing the loaded cocked S&W waggling all over the place but generally pointed in their direction.
-- Look what happened in Florida when the concealed carry laws and castle doctrine laws became a reality.  The breakins, burglaries, muggings, hold-ups, etc., plummeted.  This is NOT what the libs claimed (blood in the streets !!!) would happen.
-- Look what happens in any American town when gun laws are changed to make it easier and more effective for law-abiders like you and me to have guns.  The violent crime rate always,... always goes down.

I'm in favor of instant background checks.  I don't even mind it if personal sales involve background checks PROVIDED THE SELLER CAN CAN DO IT INSTANTLY AND FOR FREE.  
-- I sell a gun every now and then, and I do care that I am not selling it to a wacko.
-- What worries me here, though, is that the SCHLIB and his lackeys will use the background check thing as a way to make it harder for law-abiders to buy and sell guns.  While the intent is good, there are always ways for bureacrats to warp the system to make it do things it was not supposed to do.

IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #208 - 12/30/12 at 14:07:43

So the first lady is a wookie now.

A wookie is a tall, hairy ape like species in "Star Wars".

Wonderful, we have another racist among us.  

IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #209 - 12/30/12 at 14:11:02

Concerning Gyro's Soles posting.

This is an old story. Incidently I don't see any evidence in that article that he was anti gun. It was a story in NC for his being anti gay but gay himself.

According to snopes.com. Soles had very high ratings from the NRA.

NRA scores for the senator

1998 B
2000 B
2002 B+
2004 B+
2004 A
2006 A
2008 A

So the NRA give the most anti-gun senator an A rating and the guy turns out to be an NRA favorite.

(Anti-gun or not Mr. Soles was indeed a hypocritical lier on certian other matters. No doubt about that.)

So draw your own conclusions concerning Soles.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 18
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/20/24 at 03:00:38

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Associated Press: 27 Dead, 20 Are Children.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.