Decompression Unit (Read 216 times)
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Re: Decompression Unit
Reply #15 - 12/02/12 at 11:02:48

I've been running my bike with the decomp system bypassed since the beginning of Aug. This year.   Haven't had any issues so far even on cold mornings.  I have a Big crank battery and it still checks out like it's brand new.  Maybe I'm just lucky and the motor always stops on a non-compression stroke?  Most times she fires right away like it almost starts as soon as I hit the starter button. Very rarely does she crank for even a few seconds and that is only on cold mornings, those that are below 60F but even then she doesn't even seem to struggle to turn over.  

Myself I'm thinking about just pulling all the decomp related stuff off, to give me a better place to mount my HID control box once I decide on which one I'm gonna go with next since the system I have I've gone through 2 RMA's and still don't have one that works more then a few months.

R.F.

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
clearush

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Deer Park,TX
Re: Decompression Unit
Reply #16 - 12/03/12 at 11:43:44

RpNSht thumb lever works really well and easy to use. only took about 2 weeks to get it from when I paid.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/03/24 at 06:24:34

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Decompression Unit

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.