Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
First Ride Update (Read 131 times)
rquarantello4232

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

First Ride Update
11/07/12 at 10:23:52

Got all the parts for my bike i purchased a few weeks ago. Put on new tail lights, new tire and tube, new oil, filter, and oil filter, new mirrors. Went just down the street for my first ride and I guess its ok. The bike is super loud and shifting up was fine but down shifting was super bumpy. I thought something was wrong until I remembered ive never ridden before and I am prolly just shifting wrong. While putting on my rear blinkers I checked them 4 times to make sure they were running correct. I put on my seat and check again and the left is fine, but the brake like flashes with the right blinker.  Ridiculous, so I gotta do that again. I guess everything else is running fine. Going to motorcycle class next week and then I will prolly ride it to  a local shop guy or someone who really knows what they are doing to give a final check through.

IP Logged
misterbbq

Acworth, GA
Re: First Ride Update
Reply #1 - 11/07/12 at 10:46:07

by motorcycle class do you mean the msf class?  highly recommended!  and a ton of fun.

IP Logged
Arnold
Serious Thumper

The dude abides...

Westchester, NY
Reply #2 - 11/07/12 at 11:46:12

And now time to put it away for winter Smiley

IP Logged
12Bravo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mid-Missouri
Reply #3 - 11/07/12 at 14:25:58

Arnold wrote on 11/07/12 at 11:46:12:
And now time to put it away for winter Smiley

Nawwwww, time to put more layers on and ride!  Cheesy

No Child Should Live In Fear!!!
'Keepers of the children'
http://www.bacaworld.org

IP Logged
Arnold
Serious Thumper

The dude abides...

Westchester, NY
Reply #4 - 11/07/12 at 15:09:32

Nor'easter up in NY, that's it for me Sad

IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #5 - 11/07/12 at 19:20:03

rquarantello4232 wrote on 11/07/12 at 10:23:52:
...and then I will prolly ride it to  a local shop guy or someone who really knows what they are doing to give a final check through.

Be careful thinking that the local guy knows everything!  I am a first time rider as of June-ish of this year and needed some things done on my bike. I paid the local dealer to change the jets because I was scared of tearing something up, which I now know is wayyyyy to easy....and I realized AFTER coming here that he was not the know it all he appeared to be and I ended up readjusting things behind him.

PLEASE, I BEG YOU check here first for advice and assistance before paying anyone to work on your bike and do it yourself if you are in any way handy with a wrench. You will learn something, have pride in having done it yourself, know it was done right, and save a lot of funds.

...and +1 on the MSF course. You will learn more than you think and I highly recommended.

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | RT6 w/Redline | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #6 - 11/07/12 at 20:46:26

If youre going 50 miles per hour in 5th & drop into 4th, you need to get the engine turning as fast as if youre running 50 MPH in 4th before you just drop the clutch on it,Its okay if its not exact, its fine if its ( the RPM) low, but Not giving it some gas is a sure bet for sliding the rear tire one day when you really dodnt want to.,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/07/24 at 11:49:08

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › First Ride Update

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.