Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Expensive blank for forklock key. (Read 233 times)
engineer
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Expensive blank for forklock key.
Reply #15 - 11/04/12 at 05:46:57

I got an extra set of keys made this summer and the cost seemed normal, both blanks were about the same.  I don't remember the price because it was low and the locksmith made no comments about a special blank.

2005 S40, Intruder shocks, Dyna, 52.5/150, 3 washers, 2 turns, modified seat, Raptor
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #16 - 11/04/12 at 06:29:40

engineer wrote on 11/04/12 at 05:46:57:
I got an extra set of keys made this summer and the cost seemed normal, both blanks were about the same.  I don't remember the price because it was low and the locksmith made no comments about a special blank.

That Neiman blank in most places on the internet and on ebay is double or triple the cost of the blank for the ignition,.. so, generally, it is an expensive blank.  I don't doubt the local locksmith was truthful when he said he had to pay a lot more for those blanks.  I don't know why the place I found on ebay was so cheap.  I hope he doesn't see this discussion.

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
Grayowl

Always learn from
yesterday

North Texas
Reply #17 - 11/04/12 at 06:58:49

I had been looking for a lock smith to make a new fork lock key that did not have the offset side to it since I got my bike and was told that they did not carry the blank by all of them.  I finally found one shop that had the blank and was told it was for a BMW and it cost $9.80 for the blank and $1.00 to cut it.  
Guess I should have checked the internet first, but with my luck she would have charged me $10.00 to cut it.  Shocked

IP Logged
strang

london
Reply #18 - 11/08/12 at 12:12:26

All things Savage seem a little bit harder to come by on this side of the pond - I've only got one steering lock key and want another before I do the inevitable and end up with a locked bike and no key.
I found this in the UK today:
http://motokeys.ecrater.co.uk/p/11486683/key-blank-neiman-motorcycle-fork
Anyone know if this is the right one?
sorry for many questions lately people - it's all new and I got stuff to sort out  Wink

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #19 - 11/08/12 at 12:21:43

strang wrote on 11/08/12 at 12:12:26:
All things Savage seem a little bit harder to come by on this side of the pond - I've only got one steering lock key and want another before I do the inevitable and end up with a locked bike and no key.
I found this in the UK today:
http://motokeys.ecrater.co.uk/p/11486683/key-blank-neiman-motorcycle-fork
Anyone know if this is the right one?
sorry for many questions lately people - it's all new and I got stuff to sort out  Wink

That is the correct key.  The numbers for various brands of this key blank are HD-666, BOERKEY 666K, SR61N, B69K, Silca NE5, and Ilco N2M.

IP Logged
strang

london
Reply #20 - 11/08/12 at 12:32:25

thanks bob - i didn't know a key could have so many names.

IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #21 - 11/08/12 at 19:41:18

I think this key has been referenced, but my local lock and key guy quickly matched the stock key to an ilco blank SR61N. Works perfect, and he claims that this blank is generally used for forklift keys so if you hear that mentioned don't be scared.  I think I paid $3 for the key, cut and all.

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | RT6 w/Redline | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #22 - 11/09/12 at 04:18:17

stewmills wrote on 11/08/12 at 19:41:18:
I think this key has been referenced, but my local lock and key guy quickly matched the stock key to an ilco blank SR61N. Works perfect, and he claims that this blank is generally used for forklift keys so if you hear that mentioned don't be scared.  I think I paid $3 for the key, cut and all.

http://i49.tinypic.com/2v17nk6.jpg

I agree about SR61N,... as do the replies #8, #13, and #19 above. Your cost is even lower than mine.  I'll have to take one of the four blanks I got to Walmart or Home Depot or some such to have a blank cut.  

(hmmmm, I wonder how precise I can be with a Dremel and a small file???)    

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/26/24 at 17:30:13

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Expensive blank for forklock key.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.