Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
One blink, two blink...  no...  just one blink... (Read 97 times)
HondaLavis

It's nothing
personal; the other
one came first.

Plano, TX
One blink, two blink...  no...  just one blink...
09/22/12 at 22:21:44

So I just finished the mini battery install on my bike.  It's essentially the same as Boule'tard's mod, but with a couple of minor differences.  However, I've run into a new issue:  my right blinker doesn't work.  I push the button, the neutral light (when I'm already in neutral) gives this kind of half-dim flicker like something changed, but then nothing blinks.  Left side works fine.  Did I forget to connect something??  Or is this just a dirty contact inside of the handlebar?

While I'm here, who else is running a 6AH mini battery?  How much life do you get out of the battery with the engine off before you can't start it? (without pushing it, of course...)  I think I got 10 or 15 minutes today.  How much of a difference would an HID kit and LED blinkers make to that time?

"You ride a single cylinder motorcycle??"

"When you're good, one is all you need." Wink

I guess that means I'm no good anymore; I've got 4 more cylinders! '08 Yamaha FJR1300 and still '01 Savage
  IP Logged
Cavi Mike
Serious Thumper

Thumper n00b

Rochester, NY
Re: One blink, two blink...  no...  just one blink
Reply #1 - 09/22/12 at 23:04:15

That's strictly between the switch and the right indicator wiring. The directionals have a common power wire so if one works, that wire is fine. Since it hasn't blown a fuse, my guess would be switch.

As far as the battery dying, your battery is there to start the bike, not to power your lights. Put it on a charger if you need the lights on and the bike off.

IP Logged
HondaLavis

It's nothing
personal; the other
one came first.

Plano, TX
Reply #2 - 09/26/12 at 22:54:08

I did an oil change and some other maintenance today.  Not sure what I touched, but both of my blinkers work flawlessly now.  I never disassembled the handlebar control, but I did disconnect and reconnect a few things today - including the electrical connector to the tank. Huh

I'm clueless, but I guess I'll just move on to my next project. Roll Eyes

"You ride a single cylinder motorcycle??"

"When you're good, one is all you need." Wink

I guess that means I'm no good anymore; I've got 4 more cylinders! '08 Yamaha FJR1300 and still '01 Savage
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 09/26/12 at 23:02:15

You fixed it, thats what matters. NOw, you know where to go look if it messes up again,

Ive pulled stuff outta copiers & put them back & they worked,, Never did figure out some of them,, Ya take a win when ya get it..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/17/24 at 10:14:29

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › One blink, two blink...  no...  just one blink...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.