Send Topic Print
Adventure tourers (Read 67 times)
martinfilms34

Teenagers ride
savages too!

Orlando, Florida
Adventure tourers
08/29/12 at 18:35:00

What do you guys think about adventure touring bikes? Im thinking of buying one as my next bike some time next year, somethin like a Kawasaki Versys.
I think the functionality of them are great, speed, comfort and long distance capabilities.

IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Re: Adventure tourers
Reply #1 - 08/29/12 at 19:57:55

Before I bought my Savage I looked at the Kaw Versys. It didn't do anything for me style-wise,it sat so tall my 5'10" body was not comfortable( I felt like it was going to fall over constantly) and I could not stand flat-footed at a stop. Maybe I'm just too old for that kind of scooter but I passed on it REAL quickly!

On the plus side.....it ran good and did seem to have enough power to run 50-55mph on the two-lane roads for distance but was winding too much at expressway speeds.

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #2 - 08/29/12 at 20:30:42

Kawasaki was my first love in the bike world, and I still think they make great bikes. The parallel twins are good motors perfected (imo) in the old Honda 350/360. The engine actually is a rerun Ninja engine made to power a more sedate ride without giving up useable power. I'll never be able to buy one until they have been around 20 years, but I would love to. Maybe a KLR for me? And be sure you can stand the heighth. Most of that bike genre are tall, compared to the Savage.

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
Wolfman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW Missouri
Reply #3 - 08/30/12 at 01:50:48

The Bandit 1200's seem to have about as loyal a following as the savage.
Solid and dependable, decent mpg and lot of add ons. Not bad looking either.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 08/30/12 at 02:00:01

I figure if youre on the road with drivers today, youre an Adventure rider,
May you get to your destination with no drama.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 15:27:18

General CategoryThe Cafe › Adventure tourers

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.