Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Pizza Night! (Read 153 times)
Drifter

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Pizza Night!
08/26/12 at 05:39:40

For as long as i can remember saturday night has been pizza night in my family, this started when i was a small boy and has continued with my family and my brothers as well. Pizza and cold beer what goes together better than that Smiley

Do any of you have a specific food night or some other tradition about food?

« Last Edit: 08/27/12 at 10:17:02 by Drifter »  
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Re: Pizza Night!
Reply #1 - 08/26/12 at 07:06:27

Sunday is spaghetti night, Monday is fish&chips, Tuesday is bangers&mash, Saturday is steak or shishkabab. The other days are flexible. Since I do all the shopping and cooking it depends on how energetic I am.
We old guys need a set menu so we can remember what day it is. Grin
The only pizza I like is my Mama's recipe.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 08/26/12 at 07:46:08

My dad used to do pizza nights every Friday. I think he still does with his other kids.
I'm a grownup now so I just eat whatever, whenever.

Yesterday I had chicken wings for three meals in a row. Right now I'm eating ice cream for breakfast. Being a grown up kicks ass!

--Steve

IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #3 - 08/27/12 at 06:46:04

Special foods ( we dont have regular food nights)

"Eggs ala Goldenrod" My mom got this from my Father's Mother.. and I fix it for the family. Veryvery rich. Google it.

Johnny Cakes and Navy Beans: Some call the "hoe cakes", and cornbread fritters. Its not a fun thing to make, so I dont do it very often. Basically the beans are the meal ( sometimes serve with Ham).  The "cake" is a pancake looking thing made of corn meal. Fried crisp like a french fry. You use it as a "pusher' to push the beans onto the spoon.

Gumbo... well its gumbo. Sometimes with squirrel if I can get it. Generally just shrimp or sausage.

« Last Edit: 08/27/12 at 08:10:23 by Pine »  
  IP Logged
Blinky-FSO
Serious Thumper

Three Eyes Are
Better Than Two

Kentucky
Reply #4 - 08/27/12 at 07:53:00

My Mother's fried okra that she made every Sunday. She is gone now but the tradition continues.

Fresh okra pods sliced about 3/16" thick, dipped in milk, and then dredged through corn meal, a very light coating. A 12" cast iron skillet with about 2" of Crisco heated to 1 degree short of flash point. Frying okra can be a dangerous business. Fry until the okra seeds begin to turn brown, drain well and serve with green onions and corn bread. Talking about it takes me home.

2007 S40 (Sold)
2007 C50 (Sold)
1992 Honda GL1500
2014 Honda CTX700N
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #5 - 08/27/12 at 14:05:35

First one through the door, home from church on Sundays, was who had to start the water for the pasta we ate every Sunday.  But that was when I was a kid.  Thats the only tradition I remember, and that one died quite a few years ago.  The other ones I remember were yearly ones, always had squid and octopus at Christmas, and cabbage rolls for new years.  

Now my husband expects cinnamon hard candy at Christmas!

Pine, I've had hoe cakes but never made them myself

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #6 - 08/27/12 at 16:37:24

Paraquat wrote on 08/26/12 at 07:46:08:
My dad used to do pizza nights every Friday. I think he still does with his other kids.
I'm a grownup now so I just eat whatever, whenever.

Yesterday I had chicken wings for three meals in a row. Right now I'm eating ice cream for breakfast. Being a grown up kicks ass!
--Steve

What a health nut,... add some beer to get some grains in yer' diet...
Grin Grin Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
stinger
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #7 - 08/28/12 at 01:13:54

I went to a friends house and we had fresh caught Steelhead and a old Seminole Indian snack that goes great with fish or shrimp. Warm up some oranges in the oven or near the coals of a fire. Leave the peel on til nice and warm and then the peel just falls off and smells great! Then dip the orange slices in warm honey.  He coated the fish in a blackberry sauce. With fried potatoes and a glass of beer is was great!

IP Logged
Drifter

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 08/28/12 at 05:00:39

Who would have thought there would be so many great food ideas on here........some of this stufff sounds great , me thinks the little lady will be trying some of these things.  Maybe a new tradition will get started!

IP Logged
weracerc
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Greensboro, NC
Reply #9 - 08/30/12 at 11:00:29

ah ye ole family tradition as a child grandmas house sunday dinner - fried chicken, homemade biscuits with lard, taters, beans, salad, tea, seasonal pie (apple, peach, blackberry, chocolate)...too sterotypical southern redneck food but dang good eatin...long since gone so no real food traditions to speak of........unless it be my new creation started about a year ago - Fire Beans.....i took over the cooking and decided we were going to eat spicey foods!...7 kinds of peppers, 2 kinds of beans, onion, garlic, 85/15 ground beef.......glorified chili i suppose - man stew with chunks so you know you have eaten something!

"GOD Was Busy, He Sent The Marines"
</div
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 15:29:17

General CategoryThe Cafe › Pizza Night!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.