Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 
Send Topic Print
Spamy's Cafe LS650 Project (Read 5194 times)
gtenginerd

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

MO
Re: Spamy's Cafe LS650 Project
Reply #135 - 03/01/21 at 14:26:10

@spamy, what gauges are you using? Did you chop up the stock kick stand? What did you have to do to the right rearset to reconnect the brake line and electronics for the brake light? Working through these things now.

The bike looks great! I love the color combo, fender and tank.

IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Reply #136 - 03/01/21 at 15:45:50

SpamyToo  Can you tell me what you did for the petcock on that tank?

IP Logged
SpamyToo

Reply #137 - 03/01/21 at 21:40:35

I used a new GT550 petcock.  I like the vacuum operation of it.  Been using it like 8 years and no problems. They go for about $120 for a new one.

WWW   IP Logged
SpamyToo

Reply #138 - 03/01/21 at 21:51:42

gtenginerd wrote on 03/01/21 at 14:26:10:
@spamy, what gauges are you using? Did you chop up the stock kick stand? What did you have to do to the right rearset to reconnect the brake line and electronics for the brake light? Working through these things now.

The gauge is a speedhut.  It works fine. Not worth $350 in my opinion.  I sell some other ones that I use on my other bikes that Id recommend instead.  Also, I am making a method to mount it in the tank location for those with the stock tank. It has a gps speedo and electronic tach. Ditch the cables.  The adapter kit is near done. Currently one of the parts is a zip tie and im not crazy about that, but it works good. Trying to make a better solution.

Yeah thats the stock kickstand.  I dont really like it, too low for a raised rear end bike.  The bike is way leaned over when on the kick stand.  I want to do a new one that is integrated into the rear set mounts.

The brake light switch?  I ran a short bowden cable from the moving lever to the switch in a remote location. Its works ok, but I think I will redo it a bit more simplified later on.

WWW   IP Logged
zipidachimp
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

surrey, b.c.
Reply #139 - 03/01/21 at 22:59:01

Bolted 2 hockey pucks to my sidestand to reduce the lean with 12.5" shocks. Works a treat, as any canuck can tell you, LOL !
Cheers! Cheesy
ps: using DC Motiv top tree with forks slid up 30mm. Understeer gone!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/04/24 at 20:50:44

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Spamy's Cafe LS650 Project

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.