IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Re: Taxes
Reply #61 - 07/26/12 at 19:05:53

serow said; "Oil is sold on a global market to the highest bidder...
Oil produced in the US is on that same market..."

yes yes yes!!!!!  You had a breakthrough in understanding!.  God I feel good when I can get someone to realize something like this.

If we start using all our own resources, we'll dump all that oil on the global market and the price per barrel will be maybe $40 in several years.  The ragheads will have most of their funding eeeee-friggin-liminated!!!  Yay!!

We'll be energy independent, and the military can come home.  (mostly)

It'll hit the oil companies here hard, but somehow I suspect they will find a way to survive.

I've heard more than one expert mention that a lot of the price of oil has nothing to do with fundamentals,... it's  just a form of hysteria.  That said, if our entire government and all the oil companies appear to the rest of the world like we have started a concerted long-term effort to become energy independent by using all our own oil, the cost of a barrel will spike initially because everyone will want to bank some oil at current prices, but soon it'll plummet, because looking ahead all they will see is lower and lower prices for oil as more and more becomes available.

Bringing in to play all our own energy resources (which are MASSIVE) is the single greatest thing we can to do increase jobs, boost the economy, bring the troops home, hack away at the debt, and combat terrorism.

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #62 - 07/26/12 at 19:13:34

Gyrobob wrote on 07/26/12 at 19:05:53:
[size=12]serow said; "Oil is sold on a global market to the highest bidder...

yes yes yes!!!!!  You had a breakthrough in understanding!.  God I feel good when I can get someone to realize something like this.

Sorry to disappoint, but I've known this for decades...

SO,.. your great idea isn't "energy independence",.. it's global market crash...
Except,.. the companies you rely on to overproduce, are the companies that will loose billions as gas prices drop dramatically...
Good luck talking them into that one...
"Sure, I'll shoot myself in the foot!"... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #63 - 07/26/12 at 20:47:11

Ive worked in the oilfields. Ive been on the rigs drilling the wells, I worked for The Western Company, as a mechanic ( Western = Halliburton/same as Burger King = Whataburger) & Ive plugged & abandoned wells. YOu wanna see Odessa come to a halt? If Odessa slides to a stop, so does oilfield activity all across the nation. When a barrel of oil drops, so does oilfield activity. IDK what the minimum price for oil can be & still see exploration & development. Lindsey Williams says there is more oil in Alaska than the middle east,,or maybe Saudi Arabia? Energy Non Crisis is the book,,
Heck,, dont worry about it anyway,, We are so screwed now, it doesnt really matter, Obamney, Rombama, doesnt matter which one we get, spending, wars, ridiculous laws that will hurt our economy more & more,, the direction will not change & if someone has info that would allow me to see things are getting better, I wish theyd show it to me,, cuz Im pretty convinced we are about 3/4 to 1/2 of a turn in the toilet bowl from hearing that last Gurgle as the turd disappears from view.

Interesting graph,,

http://headwaterseconomics.org/wphw/wp-content/uploads/RigCounts.pdf

Id stick it in here,, but I cant

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #64 - 07/27/12 at 08:28:14

Is this it?

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #65 - 07/27/12 at 08:34:42

Serowbot wrote on 07/26/12 at 19:13:34:
Gyrobob wrote on 07/26/12 at 19:05:53:
serow said; "Oil is sold on a global market to the highest bidder...

Sorry to disappoint, but I've known this for decades...

SO,.. your great idea isn't "energy independence",.. it's global market crash...
Except,.. the companies you rely on to overproduce, are the companies that will loose billions as gas prices drop dramatically...
Good luck talking them into that one...
"Sure, I'll shoot myself in the foot!"... Huh...

I'm not disappointed at all.  I'm gratified.  You are wrong, though, about the U.S. needing energy independence.  

We desperately need to be free of being held hostage by the ragheads.   We desperately need the economic boost.

Yes, it will cause some changes in the world situations of buying and selling oil, but there is no way we can do it fast enough to cause an outright crash.  If we were ever able to develop the national will to do something like this, it would take a decade or two for the transition.  Not a crashworthy timeframe.

Even if it did cause a crash, so what?  We'd have a temporary set of downturns here and there. We'd recover.  It wouldn't be anywhere near as bad as what the RIB has been doing to us for the past 3.5 years.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #66 - 07/27/12 at 10:40:52

Like I said,..
Socialized oil... Obamaoil...

We can get energy independence with Natural gas, Hydro-electric, solar, wind,... but not petroleum...
Petroleum companies are global entities... they don't work for us, they do their own bidding for their own ends...

To get off the Arab oil tit,.. we have to transition off oil...
Electric, or air powered cars...
The future of oil will be in product manufacturing, not as a fuel source...
We will need it for plastics and rubber products, but not to fuel our engines....

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #67 - 07/27/12 at 15:23:48

After WWII we made a deal with foreign nations. We wouldnt produce our oil fields fully & be independent, they would buy our T-Bills, we would buy their oil.
Part of the agreement that ended the war gave Us the Preferred Currency( I cant think of the Official word now) so that all oil would be bought & sold in dollars, even between nations that didnt use them in any other place. Imagine the boost that gave us!

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #68 - 07/29/12 at 11:26:02

what about the refineries?  when was the last one of those made? the 70s? you can drill baby drill all you want but where you gonna put it all until it get through the 3 crusty refineries we have????  there's a reason they haven't built any new refineries in a long long time, yes the EPA is one of them, but also, the less refinery capability they have the less usable product they put to market so they can simply regulate the price that way

IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #69 - 07/29/12 at 13:57:08

The oil industry is a racket. The government should nationalize the industry or regulate the sh1t out of it to stop this price fixing and consumer gouging they love to stick us with.

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #70 - 07/29/12 at 14:19:39

They definitely shouldn't allow speculators...
This is like licensed gambling that forces consumers to pay for the chips...
Gas would still be .99 a gallon without the speculators...

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #71 - 07/29/12 at 23:24:39

LostArtist wrote on 07/29/12 at 11:26:02:
what about the refineries?  when was the last one of those made? the 70s? you can drill baby drill all you want but where you gonna put it all until it get through the 3 crusty refineries we have????  there's a reason they haven't built any new refineries in a long long time, yes the EPA is one of them, but also, the less refinery capability they have the less usable product they put to market so they can simply regulate the price that way

The Big Dogs even bought up the little guys & closed them down,
But then, I remember when antifreeze was Cheap,, sadly, one of the big manufacturers Burned Down,, & Ohh GEEE,, they didnt rebuild,, & the price went sky high,,

Rowboat, There are more Paper barrels of oil traded every day than real barrels,

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #72 - 07/29/12 at 23:57:32

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/29/12 at 23:24:39:
Rowboat, There are more Paper barrels of oil traded every day than real barrels,

You betcha' there is... Wink...
... and we're payin' for all of 'em... Huh...

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/16/24 at 18:41:29

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Taxes

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.