Send Topic Print
Taxes (Read 459 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Taxes
07/23/12 at 05:24:11

I heard about this report being released, but did actually see it. Now some analysis is starting to come out. The below from the WSJ today is interesting to say the least...

If fairness in paying taxes means the amount you pay is based on the amount you make, then the only group in America paying at least a "fair share" is the top 20%—people who make more than $74,000. For everyone else, the tax code is a bargain.

The top 1% of income earners pay an average federal tax rate of 28.9%. (See the nearby table.) The average federal tax rate on the top 20% is 23.2%. The 20% of taxpayers earning between $50,100 and $73,999 pay an average 15.1%, and so on down the line. The CBO report includes payroll as well as income taxes paid.

There's also another way of looking at fairness, and that's the tax burden. Here, consider the top 20% of income earners (over $74,000). They make 50% of the nation's income but pay nearly 70% of all federal taxes.

The remaining 30% of the tax burden is borne by 80% of the taxpayers, those who make less than $74,000. In short, this group's share of taxes paid, 30%, is lower than the share of income they earn, 50%.

Again, I think this shows yet again, we suffer a spending problem, not a revenue (tax) problem.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Re: Taxes
Reply #1 - 07/23/12 at 05:53:39

Web when you were young and growing up the rich played a high % tax than they do now.Thats way you had a good country to grow up in.Don't you want the young people to have the same advantage you had.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 07/23/12 at 06:16:00

Bill; when I was young and growing up, the federal budget was tiny in comparison to what it is now....

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #3 - 07/23/12 at 06:27:16

WebsterMark wrote on 07/23/12 at 06:16:00:
Bill; when I was young and growing up, the federal budget was tiny in comparison to what it is now....

how does that make a % difference

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 07/23/12 at 07:08:45

The misconception is that taxes apply to the budget, they dont,
income taxes go to the federal reserve as payment on the interest on our "debt" created thru fraud. You guys are never gonna understand the world using the lenses youve been looking at it thru,REad or Listen to G Edward Griffin, FREE, online, interviews,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #5 - 07/23/12 at 09:00:31

Some people listened to GWB when he said Iraq had weapons of mast destruction and believed that too.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #6 - 07/23/12 at 09:07:44

Bill,, thats Mass destruction,, got nothing to do with blowin the mast off a sailboat.

& All the people have ever had made easily available to them is what the powers that be WANTED them to have. Amazing, is it not, that we spend TWELVE Years in their schools, but they never explain how the fed works,,as important as $$$ is to our lives & as much as the stated Goal of sending us to school is to prepare us to be able to go out & succeed, they never teach us how our economy actually works? So, listen to G Edward Griffin. He isnt a politician, he is a good man, working to teach people what is happening & how its being done. Your income taxes go to the fed, not to satisfy budgetary needs, but to pay the interest on the loan we take out when we borrow money from the bank,,Our Nation, a Sovereign nation, instead of operating its own economy ( Which Libya & Iraq were doing, quite successfully I mite add), has given away its ability to create its own Money & instead opted to Borrow $$$ from a bank & [pay interest on what it is designed to have for FREE,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #7 - 07/23/12 at 12:21:05

"Again, I think this shows yet again, we suffer a spending problem, not a revenue (tax) problem." Webster

Uh huh, and how do you purpose we pay for these trillion dollar wars that your buddy shrub started to feed the coffers of those 1%'er war profiteers? You know, those phony wars that you the king of the chicken hawk "never served" cowards cheer on.

The Shrub borrowed the money for his killing sprees from China...How'd that work out for Ya??

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 07/23/12 at 17:05:15

Uh huh, and how do you purpose we pay for these trillion dollar wars that your buddy shrub started to feed

Since the money spent on 10 years of war was about equal to one year of HopeyChange’s stimulus, it should be relatively easy, right?... Are you out there asking how we pay for the stimulus?...

king of the chicken hawk "never served" cowards cheer on.

Oh give it a rest… you served… yea I get it. What, do you run around with a sign on that says I served, I served….
You did your duty; now shut the hell up about it for crying out loud. I know a lot of people who served and you practically have to beat that fact out of them. That's your lead in. Kinda tells me something...

IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #9 - 07/23/12 at 19:55:06

Chickenhawk warmongers like you richly deserve attacks... The economic & financial burden being levied on Americans as more innocent lives continue to become sacrificial lambs all in the name of endless, trumped-up wars so the war-profiteering corporatists can make millions is disgraceful.

So how about you stop avoiding the question I asked. If you want all these cuts in spending, and more tax cuts for the uber rich, how do you propose paying off our war debts and continue financing endless wars?  

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #10 - 07/23/12 at 21:40:20

There's over 2 Trillion of the Federal Budget unacounted for by the military. Think that $600 Pentagon ashtray is an urban myth?

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #11 - 07/24/12 at 00:10:40

WebsterMark wrote on 07/23/12 at 17:05:15:
Uh huh, and how do you purpose we pay for these trillion dollar wars that your buddy shrub started to feed

Since the money spent on 10 years of war was about equal to one year of HopeyChange’s stimulus, it should be relatively easy, right?... Are you out there asking how we pay for the stimulus?...

king of the chicken hawk "never served" cowards cheer on.

Oh give it a rest… you served… yea I get it. What, do you run around with a sign on that says I served, I served….
You did your duty; now shut the hell up about it for crying out loud. I know a lot of people who served and you practically have to beat that fact out of them. That's your lead in. Kinda tells me something...

This inference that "Since I see your guy as a screwup, you have no room to criticize my guy" game is a HUGE part of how we got here,,

They BOTH suck,,

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 07/24/12 at 05:22:47

So how about you stop avoiding the question I asked. If you want all these cuts in spending, and more tax cuts for the uber rich, how do you propose paying off our war debts and continue financing endless wars?
I've asked you dozens of questions you've dodged crybaby...

Endless wars is a stupid comment first off. Secondly, short term deficits for wars are commonly accepted. Defense is a constitutional duty. Whether you agree with the war or not, Congress voted for it. Economic stimulus (giving money to unions)  is however, not a constitutional duty.
But all that doesn’t matter. Hopey’s stimulus and other spending is skyrocketing the deficit. I know you and a few others love to tout the idea that Iraq brought this fiscal mess on, but that’s simply just not true. Of course you’ll go on saying it, but that doesn’t make it true. (except in your mind).  

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #13 - 07/24/12 at 05:29:46

Congress was lied about WMD,Why don't other countries have wars like we and Hitler did.Anyway all other countries have the same right to have WMD that we do.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 07/24/12 at 05:30:32

There's over 2 Trillion of the Federal Budget unacounted for by the military. Think that $600 Pentagon ashtray is an urban myth?

nope, i'm sure it's not.

Read the article in Bloomberg yesterday by Neil Barofsky. The Tarp money was wasted and pissed away by the bucket full. Don’t get caught up in some kind of class warfare and turn this into a Wall Street/Main Street thing. The point is government bureaucrats wasted millions and millions in mismanagement and fraud.

It always happens. Drop and apple and it falls to the ground. Give government  a big job to do involving lots of money and it fails. Gravity and the law of government screw up are both solid and dependable.

Now, just wait until everyone’s healthcare is dependent upon this…

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/16/24 at 20:03:57

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Taxes

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.