Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Lancer can you help me out? (Read 111 times)
RanDaMan

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Massachusetts
Lancer can you help me out?
07/12/12 at 14:08:16

I only asked lancer by name because ive come to read he is the man to talk to about carbs and jetting! but if anyone else can help me dont hesitate to reply! Thanks in advance. Smiley

Mods that i have ordered parts for are:
-Dyna exhaust with stock baffles (might drill the 1/2" hole if highly recommended)
-k&n air filter mod (removing the air box)
-raptor petcock

I intend on trimming the carb diapragm spring to eliminate the shut down afterfire (dont know if this affects jetting or not?  Huh  )  
and i want to do the white spacer mod while im at it.

I live rouhgly 630 ft above sea level.

Could anyone help me out with good starting points for the required jets? assuming ill need new main and pilot jets. would i need to change any others?

ANY HELP WOULD BE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!!

thanks again  Smiley

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Lancer can you help me out?
Reply #1 - 07/12/12 at 14:46:28

Do yourself a favor... Do one mod at a time.

I would do the exhaust and intake at the same time, but don't do all the carb mod's at once or you won't know what needs tweaking.

get the jets right 1st, then the white spacer, then the TEV.

And I would suggest, you add a washer to the TEV 1st before trimming.  That mod is reversable, trimming isn't.

WWW   IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #2 - 07/12/12 at 14:46:35

I learned the hard way not to touch that TEV spring. Embarrassed Just make sure the diaphragm and passageway are clean. For your mods a 1/4 spacer, (or one #4 washer), 155 main jet, and maybe a 55 pilot would work. Jetting is trial and error, but that is where I would start.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #3 - 07/12/12 at 20:36:36

One jet at a time; pilot jet and then the main jet; after that work the needle.  
I like using washers on the needle better than cutting/filing the white spacer; more options without burning bridges.
Work your way up from small to large jet sizes unless you know pretty much where you are going with it already.

IP Logged
RanDaMan

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Massachusetts
Reply #4 - 07/13/12 at 06:32:07

Alright good to know! I know ive got a decent amount of work ahead of me and its all new to me. so i really appreciate everyones help!  Smiley

and vers1 how would adding a spacer help me with that mod? i thought the point was to relieve some of the spring compression not add to it??  Huh . . . might not even do that mod but its something id serioiusly consider if its the only way to rid the shut down after fire.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 07/13/12 at 06:57:55

Theres more than one way to skin that cat, you can use the clutch & first gear with the kill switch, IDK if pulling the choke would help,, it mite, mite make it worserer,, IDK,, something to try,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
RanDaMan

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Massachusetts
Reply #6 - 07/13/12 at 07:02:58

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/13/12 at 06:57:55:
Theres more than one way to skin that cat, you can use the clutch & first gear with the kill switch, IDK if pulling the choke would help,, it mite, mite make it worserer,, IDK,, something to try,,

Yeah someone mentioned that technique to me and i tried it but it wasnt effective. maybe i just needed to let out a little more on the clutch? should i be almost reaching a stall point before i hit the kill switch?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #7 - 07/13/12 at 07:12:49

LOad it till youre in "the friction zone", hit the kill & let off on the clutch, maybe a higher gear would have less of a tendency to make the bike move, mite wanna hold the brake,, Dont let anyone video it! Smiley

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
360k+
Serious Thumper

Savage heart of
darkness

Cartersville, GA
Reply #8 - 07/13/12 at 07:20:05

Change your muffler and air filter (for whatever reason?) then see if you actually have a problem to solve first?   In other words, don't put the cart before the horse.   The future problems you MAY have, all have symptoms, but right now you don't know what they are since they haven't occurred yet.

The JOURNEY is the reward!
  IP Logged
RanDaMan

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Massachusetts
Reply #9 - 07/13/12 at 07:27:21

360k+ wrote on 07/13/12 at 07:20:05:
Change your muffler and air filter (for whatever reason?) then see if you actually have a problem to solve first?   In other words, don't put the cart before the horse.   The future problems you MAY have, all have symptoms, but right now you don't know what they are since they haven't occurred yet.

I've got a dyna muffler and a K&N filter on the way! I def need to change the air filter though I went to change the oil the other day and i unplugged the "puke" line that comes from the air filter box and some oil came out I'm assuming theres a little oil on the stock filter because of it.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #10 - 07/13/12 at 07:27:55

Ohh, heck yea! UNtil youre done playin with the air in & air out, dont even bother with this,, Good catch 360

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 06:25:16

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Lancer can you help me out?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.