Send Topic Print
Bad Wreck! (Read 328 times)
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Re: Bad Wreck!
Reply #15 - 05/31/12 at 05:46:34

If bikes are your passion, then you won't let this set back stop you..  You're accomplished, you're giving up everything over something that was not your fault, even if justice isn't served and you aren't repaid your losses you shouldn't even put a notch in your belt because you've already won.. winners never quit (or something positive like that)  Cheesy

IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #16 - 05/31/12 at 05:57:42

Sorry to hear when anyone goes down, but time will heal,.....
We wish a fast and full recovery for you,.....and I'll say a little prayer.

I received a note yesterday of another short time forum member/reader.....a "Jeremy",...who went down 2 days ago,.....left turn right in front of him at 40 mph, totaled his bike, he went up and over everything....dove into the pavement, messed up perdy bad.
He only wrote me asking to return FCs that he never had a chance to put on. We hope a fast and full recovery for him too.

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
360k+
Serious Thumper

Savage heart of
darkness

Cartersville, GA
Reply #17 - 05/31/12 at 07:40:14

I feel for you Bro.   Healing takes time (been there), but it does happen eventually, ummm, mostly anyway.   I've lost several friends over the years (was a pallbearer for some) as well as seeing a few more injured badly.   Those accidents caused me serious introspect, but it all comes down to what life is all about - quality or quantity?

Take care, take time, don't fold, and consider your options and future.

The JOURNEY is the reward!
  IP Logged
MrBrownTX

Caddo Mills TX
Reply #18 - 05/31/12 at 08:36:17

Hang in there man.  Hopefully you have some good friends and family near to help you out.  It's going to take a many weeks but you will hit a point where you notice things are getting better.  Your body will transition to a turning point.  I am 3 months down the road from my accident and I am walking with a cane now, still hurts like hell but that will pass in time.  I went from stuck in bed for 7 weeks to wheel chairing around, to a walker and now the cane.  It's a long process stick with it!

Used to have 2006 S40 http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1331666008/0
Gear up like you are going to slide across the pavement. Ride like everyone else is trying to kill you
WWW   IP Logged
MrBrownTX

Caddo Mills TX
Reply #19 - 05/31/12 at 08:36:59

And Amen to the helmet comment.  I wouldn't be here either with out mine.

Used to have 2006 S40 http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1331666008/0
Gear up like you are going to slide across the pavement. Ride like everyone else is trying to kill you
WWW   IP Logged
gcsdls

Midlife...about
time!

Arkansas
Reply #20 - 05/31/12 at 11:23:41

New rider here...no wreck yet, thank God.  But as someone who's read the fine print on insurance documents, I can tell you that the car owner's insurance should cover it, if he had anything like a legal insurance contract.  And if the owner doesn't step up, it's time to put the screws to him.  And as someone else also mentioned, if you have uninsured/underinsured riders on your policy, your own insurance company should be able to help put the screws to them.  Just so you know....

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #21 - 05/31/12 at 11:47:29

Not long after I posted my earlier comment I was opening some mail and had a letter from a law firm that specializes in motorcycle accidents.  This group practices in SC, NC & VA.  You might check or have someone check for you for a similar group in your area.  Some always advertise in bike mag's as well and they may be national.
It's just a thought to consider.  Expertise in a specific area can pay off at times like this.

IP Logged
360k+
Serious Thumper

Savage heart of
darkness

Cartersville, GA
Reply #22 - 05/31/12 at 12:09:35

These scumbag lawyers who advertise usually make me ill; i.e., the injured person is merely a conduit to THEIR pot-o-gold!   However, in a case like this, maybe these vermin do serve a useful purpose to humanity after all.

Q:  What do you call 1000 lawyers chained together at the bottom of the ocean?

A:  A darned good start!

The JOURNEY is the reward!
  IP Logged
Dave Sisk

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Raleigh, NC
Reply #23 - 05/31/12 at 13:06:47

I completely agree with Lancer here.  Dude, glad that you are still alive and able to post here.  I will send one up for you, my friend.

Dave

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #24 - 05/31/12 at 14:19:46

and a +3 to Lancer's comments....we will hope for a fast and full recovery for you so that you and your child can have that wonderful relationship.  The career and all that will sort itself out.  Seek advice about Dr.s and lawyers as needed so you get the best help available.

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #25 - 05/31/12 at 14:26:50

Your dreams can only be flushed down the tube if you let them. Consider this to be a "time out" on the path to where you want to be.
Hire a lawyer, keep track of your expenses and go after them for everything plus pain and suffering. Heck, you might even be able to pay back you student loan after all the dust has settled.
In 1988 my son, then 15, was riding his bicycle, was stopped at a light and hit by someone who ran the caution and hit another car, knocking it into him. He was knocked 30 feet. He had a badly bruised and sprained knee and a severe concussion. We hired a lawyer on his behalf and he wound up with a new bike, some new clothes, and $13000.
The only charge laid at the scene was failing to yield.
One of my neighbors was  t-boned by a fire truck, running a stop sign, on it's way to a fire, while riding his Harley. His ankle was pretty much crushed. (he still walks with a cane)
I don't know what his settlement was, but it was enough to buy his house, a car, and another Harley at least, and I don't think he has to work any more.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
ebonysresearch

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #26 - 05/31/12 at 15:18:22

Thanks for the prayers.  This is definately not the first time ive laid a bike down.  something is different this time though.  as if a nerve is pinched.  I am thankful to be alive and still have all my parts.  My right leg, sometimes doesn't work.  Simplest way to put it!  pain is unstoppable.  and yes. time is slow right now.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 22:19:23

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Bad Wreck!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.