Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Need to change the oil, but cannot... (Read 228 times)
MrBrownTX

Caddo Mills TX
Re: Need to change the oil, but cannot...
Reply #15 - 05/22/12 at 08:15:35

Can you fit a piece of pipe over the wrench to make a breaker bar and get some more torque on it?  The handle for my hydraulic jack always makes a good breaker bar.

Used to have 2006 S40 http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1331666008/0
Gear up like you are going to slide across the pavement. Ride like everyone else is trying to kill you
WWW   IP Logged
lch2

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Need to change the oil, but cannot...
Reply #16 - 05/22/12 at 11:00:06

Mine was stucked as well, I made a combination of two wrenches (in order to have more torque) pushed down and at the same time had my brother tapping the bolt with a bar and a hammer, after the second tap we heard a CLICK noise, and then the screw started to come out.

On another ocassion, the same kind of bolt was stucked on the transmission of my car, therewas no way to remove it, so we fill it with some oil and took the car to the mufflers shop, they heated the bolt with the acetilene torch, and then put a breaker bar on it, took no time for that to become loose.

Try to remove it as everyone has suggested, if not possible, just remove as much oil as you can either with the vacuum suggested method, or by opening the left cover, put new oil on the bike, and later on take it to somewhere with more tools that can apply heat and more torque on it.

Good luck!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 20:09:33

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Need to change the oil, but cannot...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.