Bamm
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks My World
Daily!!

Eden
oil seal on valve cover
05/16/12 at 18:07:39

OK here goes, i'll try to put this as plainly as possible. I have her back together and I started her up today. What a RUSH!!!!   BUT & yeas there is a but. I noticed oil coming from one of the head cover/valve cover bolts. I tried to tighten it and it is not reaching enough threads to tighten down (it is one of the longest bolts on the cam chain side). How long is the chamber for this bolt and are these two longest bolts on that side two different lengths? I know I can go check and will after I post but I though I would ask in case I did something wrong. There is no oil coming out by my plug or anywhere else that I can see by he way.

Bamm/e.penrose1

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: oil seal on valve cover
Reply #1 - 05/16/12 at 18:44:02

the number by each bolt is the length in mm's

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 05/16/12 at 19:22:29

Any time ya [pull bolts of varying lengths, grab some cardboard & lay out the bolt pattern, poke holes for each bolt & put them where they go.,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Bamm
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks My World
Daily!!

Eden
Reply #3 - 05/16/12 at 20:42:59

Thank you so much!!!!!!!! I have looked at that layout so many times and had no idea that was the length (Next to the bolt head). Now, do I need to use a torque wrench on them or can I get it warm and tighten them again? I have never ridden before and I am dying to ride. Oh yes and lets not forget my okay I was going to say last question but, is there a slip on muffler out there (aside from stack) that will bolt on without modification? My brother took my stock (which I really wasn't to keen on anyway) to the scrap yard. So this leaves me without any and I am so far 625.00 into it and trying like crazy to keep it under 650.00 total to git er on the road.

Beth

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #4 - 05/17/12 at 09:43:07

The Harley Dyna Muffler is a good fit and the sound level is reasonable.  Here is a link: http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1298689417

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 20:30:36

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › oil seal on valve cover

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.