JETSETS (Read 11186 times)
trini tuner
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Miami, FL
Re: JETSET SALE
Reply #105 - 02/22/13 at 09:42:23

Hey Lancer, i know your busy with the big move... I sent payment for a JETSET a couple days ago. Please, when you have a chance let me know when i should be expecting my new jetset. Thank you.

IP Logged
trini tuner
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Miami, FL
Reply #106 - 03/02/13 at 11:43:50

I just recieved my JETSET yesterday, I havent finished completely tuning the carb but i did replace the main jet with a 47.5 and the bike feels much better under WOT. Thank you for the fast shipment lancer!

IP Logged
jiminapex
YaBB Newbies

Just bobbin' around
NC

Apex, NC
Reply #107 - 04/02/13 at 12:09:27

New jets and gasket installed.  Perfect!  Thanks very much Lancer.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #108 - 04/02/13 at 17:40:30

My pleasure guys.

A note to others who may have ordered stuff and have been waiting; my parts stock is low and I have ordered more but it's not here yet...for jets and carb kits.  The move to Oklahoma and all that's required here in settling a bit and planning for this next year in building and all does not leave much time, so please be patient.  I will get parts out but time is stretched.

IP Logged
Coaxial

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reply #109 - 04/03/13 at 11:25:05

Hey Lancer,  I hate to bug you, I realize you are just settling in. If you do not have any jets available would you happen to know an online source where I can grab some for the savage?

2007 Suzuki Boulevard S40 Black. K&N Air Filter, Jardine Rumbler Exhaust, Raptor Petcock.

145 Main Jet, 45 Pilot Jet, 1.5x
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #110 - 04/04/13 at 05:24:19

Coaxial wrote on 04/03/13 at 11:25:05:
Hey Lancer,  I hate to bug you, I realize you are just settling in. If you do not have any jets available would you happen to know an online source where I can grab some for the savage?

Have jets; PM'd you

IP Logged
TaylorT
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #111 - 04/20/13 at 09:55:39

Hi Lancer,
I was wondering if you had your JetSets ready to ship? I just posted a question regarding rejet advice in the RubberSideDown section.  I can't PM you because I'm still under 10 posts.  Thanks in advance for your reply and any advice you have.  Smiley

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #112 - 04/21/13 at 06:51:08

TaylorT wrote on 04/20/13 at 09:55:39:
Hi Lancer,
I was wondering if you had your JetSets ready to ship? I just posted a question regarding rejet advice in the RubberSideDown section.  I can't PM you because I'm still under 10 posts.  Thanks in advance for your reply and any advice you have.  Smiley

Yep, have jets.

IP Logged
TaylorT
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #113 - 04/21/13 at 10:27:22

LANCER wrote on 04/21/13 at 06:51:08:
TaylorT wrote on 04/20/13 at 09:55:39:
Hi Lancer,

Yep, have jets.

Thanks for your reply and advice to my post.   I just sent my payment via paypal.  

IP Logged
wearsabrowncoat

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

L.A. - lower Alabama
Reply #114 - 05/06/13 at 14:07:36

Hello,  Just sent a PM regading a Jetset.

I was going to ask about tuning in the PM but perhaps other members may benefit from this public Q&A.

I have a 97 and live 300 feet above sea level.  I just did a blue collar boober kit install incuding their muffler.  After install this gave me a little more backfiring and I have been tinkering with the idle mix screw.  Still seems slightly more lean than when stock.

When I perform the pilot swaps I plan on also adding a chinese cone filter.  What would you recommend for a starting point with the pilots and spacer?

97 Savage - Blue Collar Bobber'd, Raptor petcock, 6" FC on deck, VerSlavy waiting list.
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #115 - 05/07/13 at 07:44:36

wearsabrowncoat wrote on 05/06/13 at 14:07:36:
Hello,  Just sent a PM regading a Jetset.

I was going to ask about tuning in the PM but perhaps other members may benefit from this public Q&A.

I have a 97 and live 300 feet above sea level.  I just did a blue collar boober kit install incuding their muffler.  After install this gave me a little more backfiring and I have been tinkering with the idle mix screw.  Still seems slightly more lean than when stock.

When I perform the pilot swaps I plan on also adding a chinese cone filter.  What would you recommend for a starting point with the pilots and spacer?

I've not used the BCB muffler but from others who have it appears the jetting for the pilot circuit is on the 52.5/55 line, so start with the 52.5 and with the pilot screw at 1.5 turns out.  Expect the need to go more on the rich side.  Do not go beyond 3 turns out if the engine continues to increase in rpm as you turn the needle out.  If/when you hit 3 turns out then go up to the 55 pilot and start the screw back at 1 turn out and tune again.
You are looking for the "sweet spot", the screw position where the engine is at the highest rpm, and if you turn the screw in either direction the rpm decreases.  Expect for this position to cover from 1/8 to 1/4 turn, or perhaps slightly more, with the engine not changing its sound/rpm.  Just set the screw in the middle of that range.
The pilot circuit (low throttle range) is set.

For the BCB muffler, which is fairly high flowing from the reports of it, will benefit from using all 3 washers in the JETSET to replace the white spacer on the needle.  There is not often difficulty with this "mid throttle range" and using 3 washers.  If there is then we can deal with it at the time.

For the main jet, start with 152.5 and see how it runs.
Find an area where you can open up the throttle to wide open in 3rd or 4th gear and allow it to go to redline.
If it pulls good and clean without stuttering and without a flat spot then it is usually good to go.  If there is erratic running or a flat spot then to up to the 155 main jet and make the run again at wide open throttle.  It must be absolutely wide open and at the throttle stop to be sure you have it there.  If it pulls strong without problems then you are good.  If it bogs down then the jet is too big, so back down to the 152.5.

Always make sure that the engine is fully warmed up by riding for several miles if possible before starting the jetting/tuning.  If you cannot ride it then let it idle for a good 10 minutes.
Those are the basics.

IP Logged
00savage
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Franklin, PA
Reply #116 - 05/07/13 at 11:30:07

Paypal payment sent

IP Logged
momzbike
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #117 - 06/13/13 at 14:20:12

Paypal payment sent for Jet Set.

IP Logged
Scar
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #118 - 08/02/13 at 14:30:42

Do you have any of these left?
If so, how long to ship to Grand Rapids, MI?

IP Logged
Stealthmobile
YaBB Newbies

Play the grey!

whitehorse, yukon, canada
Reply #119 - 08/02/13 at 15:04:58

Hi Lancer, just wondering if you have any complete carb kits ready to go?  am dreaming of riding but have lots of work to do. thanks in advance.

'06 s40 stock (for now)
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 39
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/02/24 at 04:56:41

General CategoryThe Marketplace › JETSETS

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.