Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
roll bars or crash bars (Read 281 times)
manitoulinbob
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: roll bars or crash bars
Reply #15 - 12/08/11 at 03:56:00

the suzuki OEM engine guard is useless because it is way too small.  in a tip over it won't even touch the ground.  and, it is very expensive ($140 Cdn plus taxes and plus shipping).  i was disappointed to see on the packaging that it specifically says that the bars are strictly cosmetic.  i put them on regardless because it is my gf's bike and that is what she insisted on.  i would have gone with something much bigger and beefier if it was my bike.  on my own bike the engine guards i have are STRONG and have a skid plate as part of the package (my bike is not a cruiser style).

on a possitive note ... the s40 oem bars do work well as a tie down point when used in conjunction with the front wheel chock for trailering our bikes.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #16 - 12/08/11 at 19:36:38

royblueboy wrote on 12/06/11 at 19:22:00:
I got out of my cast last wend, doc says 6 months to completly heal. The older you get the slower you heal. Still thinking about crash bars, they are expensive.

What did havin a busted bone cost?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
royblueboy
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 12/09/11 at 14:54:00

So far, out of work for three months and about 500 dollars not covered by ins. That makes 250 or so seem inexpensive. good point!

2005 650 pearl,memphis windshield.vic 100 muffler
  IP Logged
AlphaBarney

Were you born to
resist, or be
abused?

Raleigh, NC
Reply #18 - 12/10/11 at 10:43:40

If any of you are interested, I do have the OEM one, at least I'm pretty sure it's the OEM one, that I would be willing to pass off for relatively cheap.  Came on the bike from the PO and I just didn't like the look of it, so I took it off.

Has some minor rust around the mounts, but no major scratches in the chrome anywhere else.  I'll send pics to anyone interested.

"Betty"-'05 S40
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 00:25:34

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › roll bars or crash bars

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.