Send Topic Print
How to get more power. (Read 162 times)
CountryBoy
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

How to get more power.
10/09/11 at 20:03:43

Hey guys, I bought a 2001 Savage back in July and have fallen in love with this little bike.  It is a perfect size for me and definately looks very sharp, but I am looking to bob it this winter to make it really stand out and was hoping to make some power upgrades while I have it torn apart.  I'm a college student, so I don't have a ton of cash, but what can I do to get some reasonable gains?  I have done some tinkering already, such as taking off the crash bars, windsheild and stock muffler, and I also had to rebuild the carb about a month ago.  I now have it straight piped, so I know that can affect the way the carb will need to be tuned.  I was also wondering if I could change the size of the sprocket on the rear axel or the tire size to get more distance from the same RPM's.  I think the motor has enough torque, but y'all are the experts.  Any information would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks

P.S. If anyone wants to see what "The Spitfire" looks like I will be glad to post some photos, just ask.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: How to get more power.
Reply #1 - 10/09/11 at 21:17:20

Best bang for the buck?  new carb
Next? new cam

I have this little hill I take daily
usually I get 85 with stock engine and a supertrapp
add to that a performance carb and you're doing 95

see the link below and follow it to more horses.

WWW   IP Logged
MrBrownTX

Caddo Mills TX
Reply #2 - 10/10/11 at 08:38:09

Is there any specific performance carb that is an excellent match for this bike?

Used to have 2006 S40 http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1331666008/0
Gear up like you are going to slide across the pavement. Ride like everyone else is trying to kill you
WWW   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #3 - 10/10/11 at 08:45:05

lancer sells a kit if you can get a hold of him.

VM38 I think.

He's been doing a lot with RYCA, you might try them.

WWW   IP Logged
Smokestack

The Devil made me do
it!

The Hammer, Canada
Reply #4 - 10/10/11 at 14:04:39

I'd thought Lancer got out of the biz.  I tried to get a hold of him a few times earlier this year, then found out he'd had a pretty bad wreck, so I laid off to give him time to heal up.  I kept an eye on his ebay store, though, and it's been empty for quite a while.  I was starting to source out the parts in his kit, but if he's still in the game I'd rather give my money to him....

To the OP; there's a chain drive conversion in the tech section that uses parts from the old GS 550's, which I'm gonna do this winter I think, which would allow you to play with gearing ratios all day long.  Just go to the tech section and click on the table of contents.  It's in there under drive train I think...

Yup, I done some stuff......
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 22:25:23

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › How to get more power.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.