Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
All Current TEV Discussion goes here (Read 1011 times)
misterbbq

Acworth, GA
Re: All Current TEV Discussion goes here
Reply #15 - 11/06/12 at 12:11:18

i took the cover off to clean out behind the diaphram while i had some other parts of the carb off for rejetting, cleaning.  one bad part about doing maintenance with the carb on the bike....if a part falls off it lands in some part of the engine that is apparently a black hole.

the tev spring seems to have wedged itself somewhere i think i can hear when i roll the bike back and forth but can't seem to see, feel or find.  FRICK.  i managed to rejet the carb with no issues and then i lose a frickin spring.

anybody know of any special hiding places to look?  again, i THINK i hear it rubbing something when i roll the bike to and fro, but cannot see anything.  have a new one on order, but don't figure it's a good idea to let stuff rubbing on other stuff down there.

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #16 - 11/06/12 at 12:25:49

misterbbq wrote on 11/06/12 at 12:11:18:
i took the cover off to clean out behind the diaphram while i had some other parts of the carb off for rejetting, cleaning.  one bad part about doing maintenance with the carb on the bike....if a part falls off it lands in some part of the engine that is apparently a black hole.  ...

A trick I often use when working above places that can act as a black hole for small parts is to cover up those places with towels.  I also prefer working on a large piece of terry cloth as well because little pieces don't roll as far on cloth like that.

I can really relate to what you are saying.  I have probably spent several hundred hours of my life looking for tiny lock washers, pins, springs, o-rings, etc.

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
Blinky-FSO
Serious Thumper

Three Eyes Are
Better Than Two

Kentucky
Reply #17 - 11/06/12 at 12:45:17

IDK if this it it, but there is a opening behind the starter on that side of the bike. You might want to run a wand magnet around in there to see if you can come out with the spring. I have lost two speedometer cable washers and a jelly bean down there.

good hunting

2007 S40 (Sold)
2007 C50 (Sold)
1992 Honda GL1500
2014 Honda CTX700N
  IP Logged
misterbbq

Acworth, GA
Reply #18 - 11/06/12 at 16:41:47

a jelly bean?  lol.  that would be my luck.

thanks for the tip....going to go see if i can find that little cubby hole.

IP Logged
misterbbq

Acworth, GA
Reply #19 - 11/06/12 at 17:40:09

turns out it did fall into the 'jellybean zone'.  between the starter and the pulley eventually wedging itself behind the pulley.  i didn't see where it went initially because i was trying to catch the cover as it sprung off with the last screw.

so....as with most of posts, let this be a cautionary tail to you guys doing anything with your tev.....BE CAREFUL with the spring loaded cover and the spring loaded spring as well!

new one should be here friday.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/28/24 at 22:36:41

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › All Current TEV Discussion goes here

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.