Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Bobber done (Read 254 times)
Tiefighterpilot

Daily Rider

San Francisco
Bobber done
08/20/11 at 11:43:45

I thought my bobber was done while back....

I was wrong.  I still had to remove the front fender before it is complete.

Here are my pics...

Special thanks to all on this site with incredible amount of information and encouragement.

2007 S40, KN Cone Air Filter, BCB Pipe, BCB Fender and seat, Superbrace Fork Brace with guard, 55 Pilot, 155 Main, washer mod, iridium spark plug, no afterfire, some engine breaking noise
  IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Re: Bobber done
Reply #1 - 08/20/11 at 12:12:00

Looks nice... what kind of muffler is that and is it pretty loud?

IP Logged
Tiefighterpilot

Daily Rider

San Francisco
Reply #2 - 08/20/11 at 12:25:20

BCB pipe... louder than HD.  about $100 and it includes the wrap.  You need the headerpipe to muffler gasket for perfect seal.

2007 S40, KN Cone Air Filter, BCB Pipe, BCB Fender and seat, Superbrace Fork Brace with guard, 55 Pilot, 155 Main, washer mod, iridium spark plug, no afterfire, some engine breaking noise
  IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Reply #3 - 08/20/11 at 12:30:20

Tiefighterpilot wrote on 08/20/11 at 12:25:20:
BCB pipe... louder than HD.  about $100 and it includes the wrap.  You need the headerpipe to muffler gasket for perfect seal.

Cool, can you give me the links to the muffler and header pipe to muffler gasket so I can order it? I have a problem with ordering the wrong stuff... lol.. I already have my header pipe wrapped with 2 inch DEI titanium, and my screaming eagle is blueing.

I already have a #150 main jet.. do I need to re-jet to use the BCB pipe?

Also, I'd consider changing out your front stock bullets and maybe lowering your handle bars?? Cheesy

IP Logged
bluesrockdoc
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 08/20/11 at 15:16:54

Very NICE!

IP Logged
Tiefighterpilot

Daily Rider

San Francisco
Reply #5 - 08/21/11 at 10:19:23

Built2Last wrote on 08/20/11 at 12:30:20:
Tiefighterpilot wrote on 08/20/11 at 12:25:20:

Cool, can you give me the links to the muffler and header pipe to muffler gasket so I can order it? I have a problem with ordering the wrong stuff... lol.. I already have my header pipe wrapped with 2 inch DEI titanium, and my screaming eagle is blueing.

I already have a #150 main jet.. do I need to re-jet to use the BCB pipe?

Also, I'd consider changing out your front stock bullets and maybe lowering your handle bars?? Cheesy

The link is:  http://www.cheapcycleparts.com/products/552877-suzuki-14771-46e00-hard-parts-...

with the connector, I had to pound the muffler in with a rubber mallet to go on... seal is super tight.  The BCB muffler actually overlap the header pipe so this is possible.

The red pipe adapter picture would be what the BCB pipe looks like where the header pipe meets the BCB muffler.  The green is the pipe connector you need.  BCB recommend using pipe sealer coat to make the muffler install easier and seal tighter.  I didn't use the sealer as it smells and if not cured... it shoots out discoloring the pipe tape... as you can see on my first try.

As to the jetting question, I use 155 main 55 pilot.  But my intake is wide open using K&N cone type air filter.   If you have a stock intake, you may be ok... but you will  have to install and see.  For me, it ran ok with smaller than 155 main and lower pilot... but I had some really bad afterfire issue... with blue flames shooting out when I slowed down (engine breaking) or shifted from 1 to 2.  Felt like batman...

IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Reply #6 - 08/21/11 at 11:38:22

Thanks for the info, I hope I can get all the garbage sealant off my header. What is a BCB pipe? Black Cherry Bomb or the one from Blue Collar Bobbers? Can I have the link for that?  Cheesy

I think I'm gonna try it with the #150 since I have the K&N Air filter and I can't go through the trouble of switching to a cone right now..

I just got in.. man rain hurts....

IP Logged
Tiefighterpilot

Daily Rider

San Francisco
Reply #7 - 08/21/11 at 11:56:48

IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Reply #8 - 08/21/11 at 12:07:58

Ok.. I was gonna say...

Maybe throw a gold finish around the headlight ring?

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #9 - 08/21/11 at 12:18:50

Very nice. If I ever bob mine that's the way I would go.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Tiefighterpilot

Daily Rider

San Francisco
Reply #10 - 08/21/11 at 21:56:41

All I needed was some handtools, spray paint, and this forum to get this done.

IP Logged
Tiefighterpilot

Daily Rider

San Francisco
Reply #11 - 08/21/11 at 21:59:18

arteacher wrote on 08/21/11 at 12:18:50:

Thanks.  I've tried drilling the stock muffler, HD muffler, and ended up with this pipe.  The seat is so comfortable!  the rear fender is little on the short side... so if you ride in rain, your back will get wet.

IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Reply #12 - 08/22/11 at 04:43:55

rain is pain, unless you have a jacket on  :'(

I was going to drill and remove half my baffle on my original muffler then opted out for a screaming eagle.. not satisfied with it so I'm gonna go for that BCB muffler. Plus I didn't offset my screamin eagle so it's blowing right onto my rear brake drum arm discoloring it (which washes off so far).

Thats a sweet white bobber, if I had it I'd continue on minor cosmetics.. new front turn signals (maybe the ones that mount on the handle bars, different mirrors, and gold brushed head light ring.. and lowered drag handle bars  Tongue

I think I'm going to take off my s40 and Boulevard tank logos.. is that an easy process? I'm gonna look into a custom tank paint job  Cheesy

Is the cone air filter and #155 main and new pilot much of a difference? I instantly noticed the #150 main I put in, K&N Air filter, and titanium header pipe wrap difference...

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #13 - 08/22/11 at 05:52:13

Tiefighterpilot wrote on 08/21/11 at 21:59:18:
arteacher wrote on 08/21/11 at 12:18:50:

Thanks.  I've tried drilling the stock muffler, HD muffler, and ended up with this pipe.  The seat is so comfortable!  the rear fender is little on the short side... so if you ride in rain, your back will get wet.

Have a look at Sero's rear fender,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
MrBrownTX

Caddo Mills TX
Reply #14 - 08/22/11 at 06:03:14

Looks awesome!

Used to have 2006 S40 http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1331666008/0
Gear up like you are going to slide across the pavement. Ride like everyone else is trying to kill you
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 16:23:37

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Bobber done

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.