Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
I'm wrapping my header pipe... (Read 480 times)
MrBrownTX

Caddo Mills TX
Re: I'm wrapping my header pipe...
Reply #15 - 08/03/11 at 11:52:02

Smoke Stack I have to ask you to stop posting pics of your bike, it is too awesome and it hurts my s40's feelings everytime you pop it up here.

Used to have 2006 S40 http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1331666008/0
Gear up like you are going to slide across the pavement. Ride like everyone else is trying to kill you
WWW   IP Logged
Smokestack

The Devil made me do
it!

The Hammer, Canada
Reply #16 - 08/03/11 at 17:59:05

MrBrownTX wrote on 08/03/11 at 11:52:02:
Smoke Stack I have to ask you to stop posting pics of your bike, it is too awesome and it hurts my s40's feelings everytime you pop it up here.

Ummmm....  Thanks?  Wink

Yup, I done some stuff......
  IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Reply #17 - 08/04/11 at 14:08:34

Should I go with 1" or 2" 15' titanium wrap? I want the original heat shield to fit back on and I'm using a Screaming Eagle muffler..

IP Logged
BurnPgh
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 08/04/11 at 14:18:20

okay...who wants to look around and try to get a group buy thing going for some headers? If we can buy say..10 from a tubing company that does mandrel bends we could get some pretty cheap i'd imagine. Buyers would have to make up a flange but thats not much of an issue. Maybe Verslagen or EdL would sell batches?

IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Reply #19 - 08/04/11 at 14:35:30

BurnPgh wrote on 08/04/11 at 14:18:20:
okay...who wants to look around and try to get a group buy thing going for some headers? If we can buy say..10 from a tubing company that does mandrel bends we could get some pretty cheap i'd imagine. Buyers would have to make up a flange but thats not much of an issue. Maybe Verslagen or EdL would sell batches?

What are you talking about, header pipe to muffler adapters? If so, you can get those at a muffler shop custom made in about 2 minutes.

IP Logged
ThumperKat
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

San Antonio, TX
Reply #20 - 08/07/11 at 14:28:58

my pipe was uber rusty..taped up my header and... works great, looks great.

'86 Savage: Rusty Ruby aka Beater Baby
  IP Logged
ThumperKat
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

San Antonio, TX
Reply #21 - 08/07/11 at 14:35:50

nice bike Smokestack, thats what i'm goin for...i replaced my stock muffler when i wrapped my pipe...again, went the cheap route and got a $55 slash cut from jcw...sounds AWESOME.
i kinda like that look w.out the airbox...was gonna use it for my voltage reg, etc...but hmmmm.

'86 Savage: Rusty Ruby aka Beater Baby
  IP Logged
Smokestack

The Devil made me do
it!

The Hammer, Canada
Reply #22 - 08/08/11 at 17:39:03

ThumperKat wrote on 08/07/11 at 14:35:50:
nice bike Smokestack, thats what i'm goin for...i replaced my stock muffler when i wrapped my pipe...again, went the cheap route and got a $55 slash cut from jcw...sounds AWESOME.
i kinda like that look w.out the airbox...was gonna use it for my voltage reg, etc...but hmmmm.

Thanks!  I'm gonna get on the muffler (and probably the rest of the engine) come winter, I just haven't decided which way I'm gonna go yet.

Yup, I done some stuff......
  IP Logged
BurnPgh
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #23 - 08/09/11 at 14:14:49

Built2Last wrote on 08/04/11 at 14:35:30:
BurnPgh wrote on 08/04/11 at 14:18:20:

What are you talking about, header pipe to muffler adapters? If so, you can get those at a muffler shop custom made in about 2 minutes.

No...im talking about a group buy of mandrel bent tube/pipe that doesnt have the measly stock ID of 1.3". A group buy a of custom made head pipes...with or without flanges to attach to the head. Without would be much easier to make happen but would require buyers to make their own. With...may be hard finding an outfit interested enough to bother. Or you can shell out the $500 for a raask if you've got it, but i personally am opposed to spending $500 on a raask or $300 or so dollars you'd get charged for a local shop to do a one off.....motolanna.com has nice pipes for the sr500 but it they wont work on our bike without being cut up and extended.

and you dont need to bother with the muffler shop for muffler adapters, just cut up a soup or soda can and make a shim.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 16:31:53

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › I'm wrapping my header pipe...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.