Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Poll Poll
Question: Side Stand Oil Method -- do you or don't you?

Yep, I do it on the sidestand
Nope, I balance it vertical using .....
.... my manservant, Emanuel Dexterity
.... a friend, buxom female preferably
.... a brick, a block of wood, other thick item
.... a stick *(Sluggo can explain it)
Remove timing port, fill till it comes out (V1)
.... I don't ever have to check it (Bill)

« Last Modified by: verslagen1 on: 07/31/11 at 20:17:02 »

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 
Send Topic Print
side stand oil method (Read 1895 times)
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Re: side stand oil method
Reply #120 - 08/12/11 at 13:35:51

ralfyguy wrote on 08/12/11 at 12:50:02:
It sounded like that you might think I abuse mine. I bought my '06 three years ago with 3,000 miles on it. It has now 16,000 on it and it runs better than ever. It uses 1/2pt of Rotella T6 over 1,500 miles and most of those miles are superslab 75+ mph most of the time. And the summers in Oklahoma are hot. She's strong enough to get up to highway speeds even with my wife on the back. Strong enough that on acceleration the 100lbs more are hardly making a difference. So I think the bike is still in great shape.

It seems like every one using Rotendella oil burns a lot of oil.Your not getting a good ring to cylinder seal.Rotendella oil is for engines that use diesel fuel for help in lubrication.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
ralfyguy
Serious Thumper

Reply #121 - 08/12/11 at 14:00:55

Gyrobob wrote on 08/12/11 at 13:13:11:
It sounded like that you might think I abuse mine. I bought my '06 three years ago with 3,000 miles on it. It has now 16,000 on it and it runs better than ever. It uses 1/2pt of Rotella T6 over 1,500 miles and most of those miles are superslab 75+ mph most of the time. And the summers in Oklahoma are hot. She's strong enough to get up to highway speeds even with my wife on the back. Strong enough that on acceleration the 100lbs more are hardly making a difference. So I think the bike is still in great shape.

Sounds typical of this bike.  They are great machines, eh?  Glad you are having a good time with it.

Oh yeah, absolutely. I love that fact that people laughing about and asking if it is a 125 or 250 and if it is a half a girl Harley and you tell them it is a 650 and they laugh even harder in disbelief. And then yoy out-accelerate them and they chin grinds on the asphalt and the eyes are popping outta their heads.  Grin

IP Logged
ralfyguy
Serious Thumper

Reply #122 - 08/12/11 at 14:02:32

bill67 wrote on 08/12/11 at 13:35:51:

It seems like every one using Rotendella oil burns a lot of oil.Your not getting a good ring to cylinder seal.Rotendella oil is for engines that use diesel fuel for help in lubrication.

Yeah I'm pretty positive that the motor is gonna blow soon.  Wink

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #123 - 08/12/11 at 14:04:49

bill67 wrote on 08/12/11 at 13:35:51:

It's hard to keep up with you and your misstatements, Bill.  To top it off, you still won't let us know why a 250 needs different oil than a 650.  Would my FJR1300 need yet another type of oil?  How about a Triumph Rocket III with 2300cc?  How about a 7 liter Boss Hogg?  I just have this big void of knowledge about how oil varies with a motor's displacement.

Please tell us.  How do oil needs change as an engine gets bigger?

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #124 - 08/13/11 at 05:44:37

Wow, is Bill67 really trying to say a 15 liter (15,000cc) diesel engine has higher/tougher oil requirements than a 250cc bike would have?

Bill, I am proud of you to be finally admitting that 600 horsepower 15 liter diesel engines running 20:1 compression ratios and using 25 psi turbo boost pressures on top of that with an oil change frequency of 80,000 to 100,000 miles requires a better oil than say, a 250 two stroke running Klotz (one engine cycle of 2 strokes and the Klotz oil is outta there making some nasty spooge in the exhaust pipe).

You have really come a long way towards overcoming your various red stuff addictions.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
drums1
Serious Thumper

'87 Savage
Bashed--Down for the
count

Racine, Wisconsin
Reply #125 - 08/13/11 at 06:19:52

And it goes on and on.......vertical cold, vertical hot, SS cold, SS hot, SS with or without a block of whatever, level surface, level on the starter, 2.2 qts., 2 1/2 qts., Rotella, dino, Klotz, blowby, blow ME.
WTF, does anybody just ride the dam thing anymore? I wish all I had to worry about was the oil level, and the "correct" procedure for checking it. You all got your pantyhose in a bunch about it. I have a bike with a hole punched in the bottom of the motor. I have belt noise (I suspect) and other various noises. I have dents in my gastank. I have a starter that won't stop spinning. I tell ya what....anybody here wanna trade me--even up--for a bike that runs? I'll go ride and let you all sit here and debate oil.
And Gyrobob, 2 weeks ago I was 20 posts ahead of you. How in the hell are you 88 posts ahead of me now? (just wondering) Like I said, does anybody actually ride their bikes any more?

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #126 - 08/13/11 at 07:51:43

Drums is getting him some "ride withdrawal syndrome" it sounds like.  

I get to ride mine about every day of the week less the one rainy day per week and that is generally either morning or afternoon only.  

Mine runs good jest about all the time, with my only downtime coming from the occasional parking lot attacks from cagers or me doing a towing ooopsie from trying to develop new methods of hauling it up to the mountains.

My biggest problem lately is getting vacation time to go up to the mountains (and when I do get vacation time it seems to rain up in them there same durn mountains).

Grin

Should my bike decide not run good, I do gots me an entire spare motor (complete with starter motor) to plug into place to keep me up and riding should I have to be playing with a sick motor.

Heck, I used to keep an entire spare motorcycle, but that wasn't getting ridden very much so I sold it this spring for a profit, so now I am down to just the Savage and the backup motor.

Roll Eyes

Drums, is any of this making you feel any better?

I could lend you my little Bill hand puppet and you could abuse him a bit if it would make you feel any better (he squeals real good when you put him on with cold hands first thing in the morning he does).  

Jest rub you a little Klotz on your hand and your nobby ol' wrist bone, he seems to like it better slickied up with a little bit of Klotz.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
drums1
Serious Thumper

'87 Savage
Bashed--Down for the
count

Racine, Wisconsin
Reply #127 - 08/13/11 at 08:00:55

Spare motor? You ARE the lucky one, OF. Do I feel any better? No.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #128 - 08/13/11 at 08:20:46

Drums, is there any particular reason you are standing out in the middle of the mine field again (the one out in front of the pillboxes and mortar emplacements on all three sides) all by yourself yet again?

The first time I found you out there I thought you had gotten lost and wound up standing out there by accident.

That was two oil wars and a side stand war ago .... and you were saying all the machine gun fire was being all "impolite and mean" as I remember.

You wanted me to "be nice"  -- so I gave Bill 3 free passes in a row.   Now here we are again, you want me to let you hold the hand puppet now?

Stop all the puppet abuse, is that what would make you happy?

Not practice war no more?

Ok, you give me the bunch of flowers and I'll give you the hand puppet and we will each walk off very carefully trying not to step on any of the landmines on the way out ....

Grin

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
drums1
Serious Thumper

'87 Savage
Bashed--Down for the
count

Racine, Wisconsin
Reply #129 - 08/13/11 at 08:44:28

No particular reason, other than the fact that I felt like venting a little, and it seemed such a pleasant place to do so. And I don't recall ever mentioning bill67. It just seemed to me, as I have followed this thread with glee, that certain people, who will, at this time, remain nameless, seem to spend more time here debating, than they do riding. I, for one, have no choice. Unless I want to ride around with my starter spinning freely. (I haven't got out there to investigate the problem yet, as I have no ohmeter or voltmeter) To be honest, I'm not quite sure where the decomp controller mounts, much less what it looks like. But for those of you with actual running bikes.....I'd sacrifice a left nut just to go for a ride, worry free, for a change.

Smiley

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #130 - 08/13/11 at 09:15:43

What?...   I only have 9,000 posts....  Grin...
Sounds like a lot,... but it's only 4 or 5 a day,... and half of them are stupid, so they don't take very long........... Huh...
Sometimes,... guiding a noob,... takes 10 or more posts in one shot...

PS... the decomp,... looks like a hockey puck, it's under the tank, on the right side... Wink...

PSS,... okay,...
I'm a little embarrassed at having so many posts... Huh...
You guys really should post more,... to make me feel better...
Grin Grin Grin....

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #131 - 08/13/11 at 09:40:05

drums1 wrote on 08/13/11 at 06:19:52:
And Gyrobob, 2 weeks ago I was 20 posts ahead of you. How in the hell are you 88 posts ahead of me now?

Because I post lots of posts like this one.

Cheesy

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #132 - 08/13/11 at 09:42:26

Post war...post war...post war... Grin Grin Grin
Why in the hell would anyone worry about how many posts they or anyone else has? Huh

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #133 - 08/13/11 at 09:55:02

arteacher wrote on 08/13/11 at 09:42:26:
Why in the hell would anyone worry about how many posts they or anyone else has? Huh

Haven't you ever heard of FAS?             Roll Eyes

IP Logged
drums1
Serious Thumper

'87 Savage
Bashed--Down for the
count

Racine, Wisconsin
Reply #134 - 08/13/11 at 10:06:24

Mission accomplished. I have stirred the soup. (hehe)
I don't really care, I just mentioned it because I happened to notice, because I see his name a LOT.
Gyrobob----FAS? No, I haven't?

Smiley

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/02/24 at 06:49:02

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › side stand oil method

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.