drulg
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Bobber build
07/15/11 at 09:51:59

This is my 1996 Savage that I got for $700, it had a little bit over 9K miles

He'res when the build started!!

And here's after taking a bunch of stuff off and turning it into a bobber, juss before getting the new seat!

And this is yesterday after mounting the new rear seat!!

Now just waiting for the Biltwell Friscos bars to come in and paint the gas tank!

IP Logged
splash07
Serious Thumper

Charleston, SC
Re: Bobber build
Reply #1 - 07/15/11 at 09:55:18

Great Job! The bike looks great... and loud. However, I actually like the paint that is on there now. Just my 2 cents.

IP Logged
drulg
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 07/15/11 at 10:06:36

splash07 wrote on 07/15/11 at 09:55:18:
Great Job! The bike looks great... and loud. However, I actually like the paint that is on there now. Just my 2 cents.

Thanks, yeaH is loud ha ha, to the point that I've been thinking to stick a small baffle in the pipe, but since I ride a lot in a freeway full of big 18 wheelers I now then can hear me coming lol

IP Logged
CalisOsin

Rather die, than
live down on my
knees.

Orange County, Ca
Reply #3 - 07/15/11 at 10:09:18

It looks awesome. I agree the paint should stay, and I really dig that rear fender. It's going to be so much cooler with the Friscos as well. My only suggestion would be to paint the lowers. On your bike more than any I've seen, I think they would look sick in black.

'97, k&n airfilter, bcb pipe, custom leather seat, monoshock, custom bars
  IP Logged
SoE

Rollin' the dice on
fire...

East TN
Reply #4 - 07/15/11 at 10:14:20

I was about to ask if that pipe is baffled at all. That must be seriously loud, but it looks cool.

What did you use for the back fender and where'd you get the seat?

Looks great!

IP Logged
drulg
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 07/15/11 at 10:17:40

CalisOsin wrote on 07/15/11 at 10:09:18:
It looks awesome. I agree the paint should stay, and I really dig that rear fender. It's going to be so much cooler with the Friscos as well. My only suggestion would be to paint the lowers. On your bike more than any I've seen, I think they would look sick in black.

Thanks, I might start considering leaving the paint job, te rear fender came out pretty good and easier to install than what I thought, is actully a front fender that came out of a Yamaha Stratoliner.
Idefenitely want the lowers on black, I just wasn't sure if the can be painted or if the needed to be powder coated

IP Logged
CalisOsin

Rather die, than
live down on my
knees.

Orange County, Ca
Reply #6 - 07/15/11 at 10:21:18

I couldn't answer that one with any certainty, but I don't see any reason why you couldn't just paint them. Powder coat would be more durable and might serve to protect from rock chips though.

As for the fender, it looks like it's mounted directly under the seat pretty low to the tire... are you worried about bottoming out?

'97, k&n airfilter, bcb pipe, custom leather seat, monoshock, custom bars
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #7 - 07/15/11 at 10:21:23

I like the red too!  Good contrast with the black.  Also like the rear fender.  Looks about like the pipe that was on my son's bike.  And boy, was it LOUD.  Can you scream THUMPER.  Mama mia!  LOL

Overall very cool and clean.  Be sure to add pics when you add the friscos.

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
drulg
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 07/15/11 at 10:36:55

babyhog wrote on 07/15/11 at 10:21:23:
I like the red too!  Good contrast with the black.  Also like the rear fender.  Looks about like the pipe that was on my son's bike.  And boy, was it LOUD.  Can you scream THUMPER.  Mama mia!  LOL

Overall very cool and clean.  Be sure to add pics when you add the friscos.  

Thanks so much, ha ha you are right Mama mia is loud!!!

I'm very happy the way it came out specially since is my first street bike (I own and race dirt bikes) and first time building one, but working at a motorcycles dealer help me out a lot

IP Logged
bluesrockdoc
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 07/15/11 at 10:57:48

Nice build! Where did you get that seat from? And could you post pics of how it's attached?

IP Logged
MrBrownTX

Caddo Mills TX
Reply #10 - 07/15/11 at 12:10:33

Looks very good!

Used to have 2006 S40 http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1331666008/0
Gear up like you are going to slide across the pavement. Ride like everyone else is trying to kill you
WWW   IP Logged
drulg
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 07/15/11 at 12:24:40

bluesrockdoc wrote on 07/15/11 at 10:57:48:
Nice build! Where did you get that seat from? And could you post pics of how it's attached?

I got that seat from West Eagle Motorcycle products their part number is: A-004BK but they are going out of business so I don't know if they have it in stock, but you can get it from Tucker Rocky part number: 568531 they have some in stock , The front seat bracket is from drag specialties parts # ds-902014, it takes place instead of your stock seat front bracket and it bolts right on no modifications needed, and the actual seat bracket is from drag specialties too part # ds-902013, I'll post pics

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #12 - 07/15/11 at 12:28:04

CalisOsin wrote on 07/15/11 at 10:21:18:
As for the fender, it looks like it's mounted directly under the seat pretty low to the tire... are you worried about bottoming out?

+1... Biggabaddaboom!...Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
drulg
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 07/15/11 at 12:32:21

CalisOsin wrote on 07/15/11 at 10:21:18:
I couldn't answer that one with any certainty, but I don't see any reason why you couldn't just paint them. Powder coat would be more durable and might serve to protect from rock chips though.

I was, but my shocks are pretty stiff and I jumped up and down on the bike and it barely moves, and i have about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch of suspension play, plus I only weight 150 so it will be fine for me

IP Logged
dasch
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 07/15/11 at 12:45:59

I like this!! Cool and clean.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home