Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Havent been able to ride (Read 217 times)
KristenAnn

Crashing Sucks!!

Westfield, Mass
Havent been able to ride
06/10/11 at 18:09:57

I have not been on my bike in almost 3 weeks Sad. I found that the dark side side of depression has found it claws and dug in hard. I am currently in a very good out patient program at a local hospital. I know that i am in a good and safe place and i am going to get better. The decision not to ride was made by myself as my concentration is not very good and i dont want to hurt myself someone else, or my bike. My goal is in about 3 weeks when i end the program to ride to my last day and celabrate the leaps and bounds that i have made. I feel very comfortable with all of you and being able to share with you all. Thanks for letting me share. Smiley

kfink@aol.com kfink@aol.com   IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Havent been able to ride
Reply #1 - 06/10/11 at 18:57:00

I've been there,... and I still go there a few times a year...
PTSD,... a gift from work...

All my best,... Wink...
Serow

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
BrettKeiselsbeard

2007 S-40, 2003
GZ250

Sebastian Fl
Reply #2 - 06/10/11 at 18:58:04

Have no fear, your saddle will be ready when you are ready. I applaud your decision to play it safe.   Smiley

2007 2/3 spacer, 150 main, 55 pilot, dyna muffler, K&N box, cateye tail, mustang fender bib, GZ250 seat.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 06/10/11 at 19:03:44

Id look into having a hair sample analyzed.( about 100 bux) Tests for metals & minerals run. Do you have many amalgam fillings? Ever mess with pesticides? Wear dry cleaned clothes? What kind of place you live in? New carpet? What do you eat mostly? Lethargy, depression are symptomatic of a low functioning thyroid, too. Take your temp in bed, before ya get up, every day for 5 days, use a thermometer that will give the same reading 3 times in a row, or you cant know if you can use it for real.

I just THOT I was in bad shape, till I started taking their Cures",,, darn near killed me several times, but I didnt know what else to do, so I did it till I gave up,, which took several years.  finally found a dr who ran REAL LABS on me,, that was the beginning of some level of recovery, tho I am still unable to have a schedule, cuz I never know how Im gonna be one day to the next, but at least Im not just pasted in a chair, day in & day out..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
skatnbnc
Serious Thumper

Spinning Pink

New Bern NC
Reply #4 - 06/10/11 at 21:42:47

BrettKeiselsbeard wrote on 06/10/11 at 18:58:04:
Have no fear, your saddle will be ready when you are ready. I applaud your decision to play it safe.   Smiley

I only rode once this week, but it was soooo worth it!

You can do it - find a quiet/pretty place to ride; it will bring back some of the joy just by riding!
Smiley

2006 LS650, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, badge-free zone, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, the one in FRONT of you, flying the Kings Colours
  IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #5 - 06/11/11 at 08:01:28

KristenAnn,, Big hugs gal.
Keep that chin up.
Your going to be back in
the saddle shortly.
It is great that you have sought
help and are placing yourself first
as well as the safety of your bike
and others. We are here for you.
Anytime, just chime in.. Hugs and
again, all the best.. Smiley kim

IP Logged
TheSnakeLady

Thumpers Rule!!!

Central New York
Reply #6 - 06/11/11 at 09:14:27

Hang in there girlfriend, we're rooting for ya!!! Wink

My ride is a 2005 LS650, customized with ISO grips, cone air filter, stage 1 jets, Jardine exhaust, solo seat, AM turn sigs, and a catseye tail light. Next year, custom paint job (hopefully)!
  IP Logged
Russ130

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 06/12/11 at 05:54:27

Sorry to hear about the depression. Anytime you are ready for another ride let me know. I no longer work at the garage so I am free in the afternoons now too. Well take care of yourself and get better soon.

IP Logged
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Reply #8 - 06/12/11 at 11:25:28

KristenAnn.  I am glad you had the courage to get help and share this with us.  That is the biggest, often hardest step and sadly one that many people are not willing to take.  I know of very few people that do not suffer from some form of depression, whether they will admit it or not.  Glad you are getting help.

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #9 - 06/12/11 at 12:20:53

The trouble with mental illness is that many people have an opinion and that opinion is mostly based on hearsay. the news, or just wrong headed thinking. Being Type II Bipolar and a member of NAMI and a support group facilitator I can tell you that one thing we usually miss is the exhausting effects of depression. It literally drains you physically. Another real problem is the lack of judgment that comes with it. I don't ride when I am having trouble concentrating. It is my position (And the position of most people educated on mental illness) that you are still responsible for getting help and you are responsible to those you hurt while making bad judgments. BTW I am not a facilitator now. I like to work one on one with people. It is hard on me to handle 10-15 people and try to give them the attention they deserve. KristenAnn, keep going. It takes up to 6 yrs on average for an accurate diagnosis and finding  meds that work if you take them. Do not make any life changing decisions after midnight or when in the grips of depression. I am here for any who want to PM me. And I do not give advice. I only pick you , brush you off, and point you upward again. Boofer Smiley

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
KristenAnn

Crashing Sucks!!

Westfield, Mass
Reply #10 - 06/12/11 at 15:02:09

I have suffered from depression since i was in highschool. I started taking meds in 1997 for the first time. I am ona good drug regiment now that works. I have been on them since. I have major recurrent depression that strikes about every 1.5- 2 yrs. I know my warning signs and "stop drop and roll". This is not my first time in this program but my 5th. I know that on the other side there is the sunshine. I have a great support network in place that is always there to help me. I want to thank you all for the kind words.  Cheesy

kfink@aol.com kfink@aol.com   IP Logged
Sunchasers

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks the Rockies!

Northern Colorado
Reply #11 - 06/13/11 at 09:21:20

Take care of yourself first Kristen!  The bike will always be there ready for you!

1987 LS650P, Blue/Purple, stock w/ white spacer mod, 2-1/4 turns, Raptor petcock, seat ht. mod, Verslavy, Routys F.C., 8300 mi
  IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #12 - 06/13/11 at 09:44:24

Sunchasers wrote on 06/13/11 at 09:21:20:
Take care of yourself first Kristen!  The bike will always be there ready for you!

Sunchasers, I grew up with horses. They had to be fed whether you rode them or not. All the Savage needs is a little trickle of ions occassionally.  Wink

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
scroop

Good grief, not
again!!!

western PA
Reply #13 - 06/14/11 at 06:34:52

Thanks for opening up with us, Kristen.  I agree with Prechermike that depression is more prevalent then most are willing to admit.  You're one of us and you're in our thoughts and prayers.  Let us know if there is anything specific that we can do.  Blessings to you, sis.

Ride free!
  IP Logged
Southpaw
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

This ol' dog ain't
staying on the
porch!

Missouri
Reply #14 - 06/14/11 at 08:38:10

Take care and take time Kristen. It's a very stubborn, but beatable thing! You've taken a big first step and awareness is the key! We'll see you on the road when you're ready!

Ride safe

Dan

2004 Savage. Happiness isn't around the corner, its IN the corners!....I gotta question the integrity of any organization that would have the likes of me as a member...Groucho Marx
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/21/24 at 17:22:44

General CategoryThe Cafe › Havent been able to ride

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.