Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Trying out the new camera (Read 148 times)
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Re: Trying out the new camera
Reply #15 - 05/26/11 at 15:47:45

arteacher wrote on 05/26/11 at 07:12:38:
ohio thumper wrote on 05/25/11 at 09:17:53:
thems some great looking pics. wish i had that kind of scenery around here. keep postin them pics

Me too. BTW John-D FSO, you solved a problem for me. I smoke a pipe (tobacco Grin) and was looking for a place to carry it on the bike, along with a few small odds and ends. I tried a fork bag, but undoing the buckles was a pain that I thought I would have to live with, until I saw your windshield bag mounted on your sissy bar. I bought some longer bolts and some washer's to space it out 1/4", drilled a couple of holes in a windshield bag and mounted it on my sissy bar. Looks good works good. Thanks for the idea.

Glad to have helped out. Cheesy  I had it on the bars until I put the windshield on, but didn't want it scuffing up the shield.  I keep thinking about building some kinda bracket to bolt it to the shield but haven't got around to it yet.  Right now it's just strapped on, not bolted.  I've found that those little velcro straps they sell at computer stores for bundling up wiring work awesome for this kinda stuff.  And if you need longer ones, you can just string a bunch together.  I just fed a couple behind the sissy bar pad and then cinched it back down.  If I ever get some big luggage for the rack though, it'll have to move.  I like it for small tools, flashlights, padlock for the helmet, etc. because like you said, you don't have to mess with buckles and stuff.

And Kim, glad to see you're in.  We'll have to work something out when the weather start playing nice.  Well, nicer at any rate.  We could all meet up somewhere along I-5.  Looks to be about 3 good highways to check out.  I've been along 503 from Woodland up to the mountain, and 504 looks cool too.  Or could take highway 12 over to Randle and then south.  I know gas stops need to be a little closer together for the Savages, but there's gas in Cougar, and the map says there should be in Randle, so that shouldn't be a problem.  Plus, I could throw a small gas can on my luggage rack for emergencies.  Cool, this is starting to peak my interest! Cheesy

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Re: Trying out the new camera
Reply #16 - 05/26/11 at 17:07:25

John you may have just solved my problem too.  I bought a sissy bar bag, one of those tall ones, and I haven't been able to attach securely to my backrest.  But I think Velcro might be the answer.  It came with a couple of those slip type buckles, you insert one end, pull tight and fold the flap down, but when I snug it up, I can't re-tighten the screws holding the backrest pad to its frame.  I even made a couple of straps with heavy duty snaps, but they aren't strong enough to hold.  I think Velcro just might be the ticket!  Thank you!

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/04/24 at 04:22:49

General CategoryThe Cafe › Trying out the new camera

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.