Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Just received a Blinc M1 Bluetooth adapter and.... (Read 190 times)
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Re: Just received a Blinc M1 Bluetooth adapter and
Reply #15 - 05/26/11 at 08:29:23

I didn't order one, I just added it to my cart to see what the shipping charge would be.

Webhead, what one did you end up getting?

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
kernel ken
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Loveland Ohio
Reply #16 - 05/26/11 at 09:44:35

I bought a Scala three years ago. First year it was great, everything woked well, phone, radio and inercom. Last year intercom communications were "fuzzy". It was difficult for me and my wife to understand what was being said. This year intercom doesn't work at all. Not very happy with the Scala system!

IP Logged
webhead

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer, NOW!
InMemof Boody

Somewhere in NY
Reply #17 - 05/26/11 at 09:46:59

The parrot sk4000.  It has gotten good reviews.

2011 S40 Pearl Mirage White/Met. Veil Silver. Memphis Shades Alley Cat, Tourmaster Saddlebags & Toolbag, Jardine Exhaust, TKAT Forkbrace, OEM Engine Guard, Kuryakyn grips, Parrot SK4000 & ARKON SM032
  IP Logged
webhead

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer, NOW!
InMemof Boody

Somewhere in NY
Reply #18 - 06/03/11 at 14:03:29

Ok, I finally got to test my new bluetooth headset for the bike. I purchased the parrot SK4000 for $35 on the 1saleaday website. All I can say is awesome! I have a iphone 4 and my navigon gps app works great with it. Phone calls are crystal clear and the person on the other end said they  can hear me fine. The fastest I was going was 60 mph with no problems.

The features of this thing is unbelievable. It has a fm radio built in to it. YOu can choose mono or stereo sound or which side you want to hear from or just both. It syncs with your phonebook and has voice recognition which works good but you have to speak clearly. You can hook up your ipod or other music player via  a cable provided.

Now the Blinc had similar features but what made me turn to this one was it came with wireless handlebar controls. I rather have to click on my handlebars than reach up and grab my helmet. You can select whatever you have connected to it. There is a specialized button for it.

The only thing that I don't like is how the handlebar controls get in the way of the horn and turn signals. If you have big hands, like me, you are losing valuable real estate on the grip especially with the clutch. It's not annoying but I don't like taking risks like that especially with the clutch handle. So I place it to the right of the controls. Off the grip for now. I'm sure they make bigger grips out there. If anyone knows please chime in.

I am very happy with it. The blinc was a pain. Constant buzzing during calls and even at idle. I had nothing but problems.

The helmet install took 10 minutes with the parrot. I have a full face helmet. They give you plenty of wire for the speakers in the helmet.

Hope this helps everyone out.

Keith  Smiley

2011 S40 Pearl Mirage White/Met. Veil Silver. Memphis Shades Alley Cat, Tourmaster Saddlebags & Toolbag, Jardine Exhaust, TKAT Forkbrace, OEM Engine Guard, Kuryakyn grips, Parrot SK4000 & ARKON SM032
  IP Logged
webhead

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer, NOW!
InMemof Boody

Somewhere in NY
Reply #19 - 06/09/11 at 16:08:48

A little update on what I said about the handlebar controls. I dipped the contol down a little further and now I can get to the horn and turn signals with no problem.

I just recently got a Jardine slip on and it is LOUD! I was worried that I wouldn't be able to use the parrot but after making a couple of calls and receiving them, it works fine, even when accelerating.   Wink

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/03/24 at 19:11:01

General CategoryThe Cafe › Just received a Blinc M1 Bluetooth adapter and....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.