No Class. (Read 383 times)
Wolfman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW Missouri
No Class.
05/06/11 at 20:27:24

Man i expect rude and unsafe behaviour from cages but another Bike???

Going into town, at the worst spot at that(overpass with 5 different lights) i see a bagger comeing up on my rear like he's trying to catch me.
I get to the light and leave my usual safety zone of more then a bike length but less than a car for an escape route.
Im in the middle of the lane with the bike angled slightly to give it more of an eye catching profile as usual.
Bagger rolls up beside me to my left, pauses for a second, looks at the bike then looks at me and says "HI".
Barely enough room between me and the center line for him to get through. Then rolls on up ahead 'in front of me' right behind the car almost wheel to bumper.
This pretty much cuts off any of my foreward escape routes and im thinking "What the he!!?"
He's now angled across the lane, front wheel to car bumper with his right rear bag a foot in front of mine. Really irked me and made me want to knock the idjit off his bike. Invaded MY lane space and cut off my escape routes. And NO i did'nt make any movement to let him think he could come foreward let alone pass me and cut in front of me while stopped at a red light.

Needless to say when the light switched and i had room i moved to another lane and got away from this nimrod. Just kept thinking what was THAT dude thinking.
Bad enough the cages try to kill you at least once when crossing the overpass, now other bikers are trying to get you killed.

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Re: No Class.
Reply #1 - 05/06/11 at 22:26:53

Bikers are a rare breed, Harley riders are a dime a dozen... Sorry, couldn't resist.

Over 90% of the guys on late model baggers (regardless of brand) have absolutely no clue what they are doing. Middle age crisis, bikes are cheaper than sports cars, they read Easyriders and think they will get young strippers with bolt-ons to match the bike's bolt-ons.

Just give them a wide berth and wave as you ride by. Maybe holler "Turn the gas on dummy". Or "Twenty grand and twenty minutes doesn't make you a biker". I like posers, good entertainment... Grin

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
houstonbofh

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, TX
Reply #2 - 05/07/11 at 06:05:48

Stupid people are not limited to 4 wheels.  But chances are he will not be riding long.  One way or another...

IP Logged
Stimpy - FSO
Serious Thumper

SuzukisSavage Int'l
Division

Germany - formerly SD, SoCal
Reply #3 - 05/07/11 at 06:17:07

...haven't you figured life and ppl out yet??!

this short video might explain it all:

Recently sold 97'savage (change of residence) - looking to buy another - just bought a temp, a great SR125 called 'methadone'
WWW Stimpy - FSO   IP Logged
Wolfman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW Missouri
Reply #4 - 05/07/11 at 12:59:32

Yeah, "Expect the unexpected".
Just really irked me as i expected the guy to have some manners and common sense.

I was 'rideing light' myself, just a denim jacket, gloves and a helmet. Light as i get, it was nice n toasty. He had a 3/4 helmet and that was it. No gloves, no jacket, just a t-shirt.
Course i seen about half a dozen baggers(harleys) and everyone of them had that stupid Naiz novelty helmet and a t-shirt, usualy with the sleeves cut off rideing yesterday. Nose in the air and no wave...lol
This guy was was on a kawi... i think. I didnt pay much attention to the bike. When im on the overpass around those lights my eyeballs are all over the mirrors and everything around me. I have a bullseye on my back everytime i cross that overpass it seems ...lol

I kinda figured he was either new or a harley purist. Seemed real eager to catch up to me and get a look at the bike. (Had a Harley guy walk halfway across the wal-mart parking lot turn around and walk back to check out the bike and ask questions the day before...lol)

It was good in the end anyway. He got hung up behind the cages at the next light and i just rolled on the throttle and made her burble as i passed him in the next lane...lol

IP Logged
houstonbofh

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, TX
Reply #5 - 05/07/11 at 18:09:50

Never know what another guy sees as enough protection.  I use a full face helmet, or none.  Open face is the worst of both worlds to me.  I do not use a jacket in summer, and rarely ware gloves.  Always jeans and boots over the ankle.

This is experience from two head on collisions.  Open face helmets do not protect your face, which is slamming into the pavement. (Had an open face for one...)  Ankles rub through fast.  At least the boots did, not the ankle!  The lower half of my body had a LOT more abrasion than the upper half.  Jackets in Houston in August cause heat stroke.

If we all wanted to be safe, we would drive SUVs.  But we are all going to die;  A rare few of us will truly live.

But I do take all reasonable precautions.  We can discuss "reasonable" later.  Grin

IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #6 - 05/07/11 at 18:20:08

Wolfman, he did say "Hi". Cheesy

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
Wolfman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW Missouri
Reply #7 - 05/07/11 at 21:35:48

Yep. Rolled up beside me,stopped for a second, looked down at the bike, looked at me and said "HI." Then rolled on by me and cut me off.
I sat there and thought what the he!! is this guys problem?
He rolled on the throtle to catch up to me at that. Was a ways behind me.
Could of easily slipped over and passed in the right lane but had to crowd me and cut me off.
In retrospect it makes me wish id reached out and kicked him as he crowded by me...lol

IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #8 - 05/08/11 at 09:20:23

Wolfman wrote on 05/07/11 at 21:35:48:
Yep. Rolled up beside me,stopped for a second, looked down at the bike, looked at me and said "HI." Then rolled on by me and cut me off.
I sat there and thought what the he!! is this guys problem?
He rolled on the throtle to catch up to me at that. Was a ways behind me.
Could of easily slipped over and passed in the right lane but had to crowd me and cut me off.
In retrospect it makes me wish id reached out and kicked him as he crowded by me...lol

Then you would have been lowering yourself to his level.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
Wolfman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW Missouri
Reply #9 - 05/08/11 at 10:22:33

Endanger my life and im quite capable of crawling in the gutter to get at you...lol
Id known what the nimrod had planned id of turned across the lane completely blocking the bonehead. As it is i always angle the bike a little at a stop to give it more of an eye catching profile.
Karmas good though. I switched lanes and got through the next light leaveing him behind the car he was so eager to get behind. It was waiting for a left and he got stuck at the light. Grin

Had a 3/4 ton king cab angle its fender in front of me awhile back cutting me off almost rubbing the dirt off my front wheel. Woman wouldnt even look out the passenger window at me. I had a bird locked n loaded and ready to fly then...lol

Later that same day the ole lady seen where a white pickup had come off the highway onto the overpass and T-Bone another vehicle at the same light. Not sure which one ran the red to cause it. 3 or 4 people laid out on stretchers when she came by. Truck was kind of embedded in the other vehicle. Town needs another overpass. Rush hour is a gamble i usualy try to avoid if i can on this one.

Oh yeah. Was stopped on the end looking to cross the other day. Had a BIKE cut it so close he like to of literaly clipped my left front bumper(truck) with his helmet and left handlebar as he turned then swung waayyy wide on his turn. Was rideing the yellow line...literaly. Another noob with to much bike i figured. Thought sure he was going to eat gaurdrail.

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #10 - 05/08/11 at 13:15:13

Motorcycling IS a very Darwinian pastime...

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Wolfman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW Missouri
Reply #11 - 05/08/11 at 23:46:32

And good God Mothers Day brought em out in droves...lol
Heard em on the highway all day long. Two trips to town and i never seen one bike on the highway. Bet i seen a 100 of the garage ornaments in town though and not one single wave...lol Even got a couple of dirty looks for waveing at a couple of harleys. Got even funnier looks from the cages with a small charcoal grill tied down across the back of the bike to. Grin

Most were in groups of 4-6 bikes with about half rideing double. Guess there were a lot of moms left home. Vast majority were harleys.
Me? I got to make two 5 mile trips to town and that was it. Make up for it tomorrow i guess, put some miles down.
At least i didnt catch any news of any accidents on the news. Figured there would be a couple with that many bikes out.

IP Logged
Southpaw
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

This ol' dog ain't
staying on the
porch!

Missouri
Reply #12 - 05/09/11 at 22:42:38

Was the guy local or "tourist"? Seems like a lot of folks down there forget to pack their common sense when they pack their bags. btw, don't you have a big rally coming up in Springfield real soon? How does that work out???

2004 Savage. Happiness isn't around the corner, its IN the corners!....I gotta question the integrity of any organization that would have the likes of me as a member...Groucho Marx
  IP Logged
KristenAnn

Crashing Sucks!!

Westfield, Mass
Reply #13 - 05/10/11 at 11:30:49

NO Class is right. I was stopped at alight waiting to make a left turn. Light turned green. Off i went. Well a jerk on a full dresser harley decided that i was going to slow for him i guess and he passed me on the left while i was making the turn, nearly taking me out and a casr in the oppisite direction. Then he went down the road about 500 ft and had to stop suddenly so he couldmake another left turn so he could go hang out with his buddies at the coffee shop. I am glad that I am a safe rider and have common sense.

kfink@aol.com kfink@aol.com   IP Logged
Wolfman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW Missouri
Reply #14 - 05/10/11 at 11:40:05

Theres a Big classic car show this weekend in eldorado springs. Their adding bikes this year so THAT should be interesting.
Not sure what else is comeing up here soon in springfield. The goldwingers had planned on moveing their annual meet to springfield and did for a couple of years. But the MO roads kind of put em off and i 'THINK' they moved it somewhere else last year.

Be a bunch of small rallies like the toys for tots(winter) and such. I dont keep up on them to much. Kinda remember something about a big bike show at the springfield fair grounds but dont remember when.

I cant tell the tourists from the local garage ornaments usualy around here. I see a couple of regs bopping around then on nice weekends the places gets loaded. I44 through the edge of town and old route 66 goes through the middle of town(marshfield) so nice weekends see a LOT of bikes here.
ME i just ride all the time and wave, get dirty looks and looks like im crazy(winter time rideing and carrying a grill on the back...lol).
Im the only thumper ive seen down here, 99% are kawi or harley baggers. Most in their Nazi(harleys) or half helmets(harleys and kawis) and t-shirts.
They ever hit the pavement at 70 mph they will learn to wear more. Road Rash SUCKS!

Ride like you expect them to do the unexpected Kristenann because sure as god made lil green apples they will do something Stupid.
I try to control my area at lights. Angle a bit at stops for a bigger profile from the rear and kinda block the lane by staying close to the middle. Just enough room in front for an escape route but not enough for some nimrod(USUALY in a cage) to not try and pull over in front of me. They still try. Head on a swivel watching the sideroads and driveways. Ones i hate the most are the ones that give no signal and cut across 3 lanes of traffic right in front of you. I dont lay back either. I roll on the throttle and get right up beside any cages im next to right beside the window. Some still dont see you or ignore you all together. Especialy mini vans!

Some doofuss ran a light in springfield yesterday and led the law dogs on a two county chase at a 140 mph before he ate turf. To bad, looked like a nice bike. Squid lived with minor injuries so darwinism didnt work that time.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 01:27:00

General CategoryThe Cafe › No Class.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.